Home
News Post

Gamersyde has posted a gameplay video from NBA Live 09.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 04:19 PM
Oh yea and I'm feeling the new free throw mechanic. The Lebron cutscene looked amazing as well.

# 22 slvicick @ 08/20/08 04:21 PM
This is looking pretty good. Animations are way better than last year.

# 23 rdelizo35 @ 08/20/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Oh yea and I'm feeling the new free throw mechanic. The Lebron cutscene looked amazing as well.
Sage,

Yeah, Lebron did have quite a few plays in the video, didn't he? A couple of monster dunks and the "And 1" play. Looks like his jumpshot has changed (added his sig shot for Live '09 perhaps?) and great cutscene with Lebron and Gibson. I really like the new free throw mechanics as well.

Overall, I'd say that '09 is a solid improvement over last year's game. I liked how Lebron looks too, more detailed and I think with a beard. Attention to details like that keeps me coming back and playing again and again.

Definitely getting Live '09 this year. Looks like it's going to be a great year for NBA gamers this year.

# 24 DakkoN @ 08/20/08 04:53 PM

=

wow.

# 25 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelizo35
Sage,

Yeah, Lebron did have quite a few plays in the video, didn't he? A couple of monster dunks and the "And 1" play. Looks like his jumpshot has changed (added his sig shot for Live '09 perhaps?) and great cutscene with Lebron and Gibson. I really like the new freethrow mechanics as well.

Overall, I'd say that '09 is a solid improvement over last year's game. I liked how Lebron looks too, more detailed and I think with a beard. Attention to details like that keeps me coming back and playing again and again.

Definitely getting Live '09 this year. Looks like it's going to be a great year for NBA gamers this year.

# 26 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN

=

wow.
Yea those screen captures look incredible.

# 27 DakkoN @ 08/20/08 04:57 PM
Don't know if they are static like that, but I just noticed his baller bands are dangling seperately from each other. That's kind of cool

# 28 mikenoob @ 08/20/08 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Don't know if they are static like that, but I just noticed his baller bands are dangling seperately from each other. That's kind of cool
haha, I was just about to say that as soon as I saw that picture. I just wanted to read the comments first, then I saw yours. Game looks great might get this game this year rather than 2k9

# 29 videobastard @ 08/20/08 05:55 PM
I did not read through the whole thread. Did anybody hear audio or is the video mute. The billups wide open lay up looked akward. There was no need for him to put the ball over his head like that on a open layup. I would of liked to have seen some more post up moves but the guys were playing like it was a pick up game. The replay graphics look great. I still need to see more videos and play a demo before im sold on this.

# 30 Stumbleweed @ 08/20/08 06:02 PM
That Billups animation almost looked like a fake pass to me and I was very excited... but then I looked and it was more of an "avoid traffic/swipes down low" animation. I think it looked okay, but it probably wasn't appropriate for that situation given that he was wide-open.

# 31 jewelz1132 @ 08/20/08 06:16 PM
NBA Live cutscenes are DOPE..I really noticed that last year..this game looks like you can really play NBA basketball..The back and forth between them, although they were cheesing really reminded me of like a fast tempo vs fast tempo team playing in the 1st quarter, with the steals and blocks..

What were the lil arrows under Billups when he got the steal at 3:05?

# 32 NINJAK2 @ 08/20/08 06:17 PM
Looks better than 08. Played poorly by two noobs. No matter how sim these companies try to make a game, if two people make no attempt to play the right way they can make any game look wack!

# 33 blingballa333 @ 08/20/08 06:25 PM
Hmmm, animations were pretty horrible througout aside from a few good ones, seems like there is no "in between". And please don't say that the cheesing made the game look bad.. it didn't. Those animations under the basket need some serious tweaking before release. But sadly, i don't see that happening. I'll play the demo of course, but if it still feels awkward and still has too many dumb and shake animations, this is a no-buy for me. I was really hoping to have two great b-ball games this year. But I see it as another year of 2k reigning supreme again.

# 34 bateman11 @ 08/20/08 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
Hmmm, animations were pretty horrible througout aside from a few good ones, seems like there is no "in between". And please don't say that the cheesing made the game look bad.. it didn't. Those animations under the basket need some serious tweaking before release. But sadly, i don't see that happening. I'll play the demo of course, but if it still feels awkward and still has too many dumb and shake animations, this is a no-buy for me. I was really hoping to have two great b-ball games this year. But I see it as another year of 2k reigning supreme again.
Oh please. Take this video with a grain of salt. This video does the game no justice.

# 35 Jano @ 08/20/08 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132

What were the lil arrows under Billups when he got the steal at 3:05?
The arrows are his tendencies to go right and left and the ball is his tendency to shoot from that spot.

If its red he heavily favors going to that side or shooting from that spot. If its blue he's less likely to do that action.

So lets say if the ball is red and the arrows are blue then his greatest tendency from that spot would be to shoot.

# 36 jewelz1132 @ 08/20/08 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
The arrows are his tendencies to go right and left and the ball is his tendency to shoot from that spot.

If its red he heavily favors going to that side or shooting from that spot. If its blue he's less likely to do that action.

So lets say if the ball is red and the arrows are blue then his greatest tendency from that spot would be to shoot.
oh ok thanks

# 37 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Oh please. Take this video with a grain of salt. This video does the game no justice.
I understand what you're saying but his complaints were mostly about the animations. Those won't be any different when we play the game.

# 38 blackngoldfan @ 08/20/08 06:48 PM
During the Billups layup, the cursor became a red basketball with 2 blue arrows rotating around it. Does anybody know what they mean? Maybe you have a choice of layup animations to do, and that animation happened by accident.

# 39 SageInfinite @ 08/20/08 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
During the Billups layup, the cursor became a red basketball with 2 blue arrows rotating around it. Does anybody know what they mean? Maybe you have a choice of layup animations to do, and that animation happened by accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano

# 40 blackngoldfan @ 08/20/08 06:55 PM
Thanks Sage.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.