Home
News Post

Da_Czar is back, check out the new NBA Live 09 - Czarisode 1 Constant Variation video and let us know what you think.

Quote:
"Da_Czar is back from the offseason with a bang as he brings you Czarisode 1 Constant Variation. Czar peaks into the play calling system of live 09 and sees the future."

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kwas676 @ 09/09/08 05:52 PM
That was some good stuff I didn't know play calling in Live was that deep this year. I can see ESPN or TNT using it to break down things teams need to do to win before every game, lmao at I'm out like a 2k teaser.

# 2 Behindshadows @ 09/09/08 05:55 PM
Great Video, Czar was super tongue tied...lol

Over excitement....nice way to display the innovation.

# 3 rockchisler @ 09/09/08 06:01 PM
Da Czar always gets me excited about videogame bball....

# 4 slvicick @ 09/09/08 06:05 PM
Very nice!!!!!

# 5 Gmoney2002 @ 09/09/08 06:19 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiice Czar. Great video man

"Stradegy is like security, it's best applied in layers baby!!!"

# 6 PsychoBulk @ 09/09/08 06:22 PM
Genuine LOL, "Czarisode".

Czar you're like the postman, always delivering.

Superb as always, many props from this side of the pond brother!

# 7 Bornindamecca @ 09/09/08 06:31 PM
Great stuff, Czar. Pic looks good!

# 8 23 @ 09/09/08 06:44 PM
LOL, that video is wild

Now that's some floor spacing for your sensibilities right there. See how it opens up so much room to run plays and see what's happening on the floor?

Czar.. Thanks for the shoutout, and somewhere somehow someone needs to let you work for their marketing department.

I cant tell you how many times i've seen teams on tv do that exact thing, from San Antonio to Houston... especially when they can't get the ball in the post on one side, they immediately run the play on the other side of the court. Jeff Van Gundy used to do that alot.

Fantastic work Czar

# 9 cocobee @ 09/09/08 06:55 PM
Awesome video and great breakdown. Can't wait for the next ep

# 10 SageInfinite @ 09/09/08 08:08 PM
Da Czar NEVER disappoints. Another great episode. This will be a VERY interesting video basketball season. Probably 1 of the best ever.

# 11 rdelizo35 @ 09/09/08 08:18 PM
Love the video. Awesome job, Czar. Love the signature playcalling, it seems to give gameplay a much needed depth that it lacked last year. Very impressive.

# 12 bateman11 @ 09/09/08 08:30 PM
Wow, that was incredible.

# 13 jfsolo @ 09/09/08 08:53 PM
The Czar's demonstration of the multiple looks from the one set was great, but what I didn't like was that it was always effortless for KG to establish great position on the block.

We know Pau's not the greatest of post defenders, but not once does he attempt to deny the catch or prevent KG from getting to his money spot. He only attempts to play defense after Garnett has already walked him down to the spot he wants.

The variations only matter if the defense shows that it can and will attempt to take away the first or second option. If there are no denials or adjustments by defenders, then we're just be running the different sets to keep things interesting, as opposed to it being a tactical maneuver in chess match with the defense.

# 14 Da_Czar @ 09/09/08 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The Czar's demonstration of the multiple looks from the one set was great, but what I didn't like was that it was always effortless for KG to establish great position on the block.
JF I assure that was not the case. In fact I had to pick plays to show before I kept running the same play to get that kind of position. Pau really fought him that is why I highlighed his good post position because Pau really did get good position. now if it was because of the pressure on the ball that kept me from making the entry pass on time or if it was because of Pau I don't know. but it was def not a tip toe through the tulips...lol i had to hand pick those...

Hey Big up to everyone who stopped by and said whats up I appreciate you family .... you know how we do !!!!

Hell I had another 15 minutes of footage but had to remind myself these are suppossed to be short and sweet .LOLOL

# 15 richmo @ 09/09/08 09:55 PM
"DAMN!" The way you said that, lol.

I love your vids though. Always make me love the game of hoops that much more. Much respect homie.

# 16 Jano @ 09/09/08 10:01 PM
Great vid Czar can't wait to see what you have in store next time.

# 17 RubenDouglas @ 09/09/08 10:11 PM
good stuff. question, can you change the variation in GAME or just in the menu?

# 18 ehh @ 09/09/08 10:13 PM
Awesome video and awesome feature. Although this is great to see in Live I think it can be even better in NCAA Basketball 09, it will allow motion offenses to be run so much better than in CH2K8. A play creator would be nice too.

This is revolutionary in every aspect. I love the idea and it's long overdue in a basketball game. Even in CH2K8 where you can create your own play, by and large you're just creating a quick hitter (or a I guess "long hitter" if you add a ton of steps) but there were no variations. If you were suppose to throw it to the SG on the wing but he was covered you swung it to the SF on the opposite wing then the play simply died. It looks like Live will solve that.

Live is still going to be a rental for, but I'm certainly excited to see how this feature pans out for the future.

# 19 ehh @ 09/09/08 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
question, can you change the variation in GAME or just in the menu?
That's the beauty of this feature, you don't have to do anything in terms of setting up playbooks or extra plays, it's all read-and-react. If you don't pass the ball to player A as designed in variation 1, he will cut through (or something similar) and the play will still continue as variation 2 and so on and so forth. It's brilliant.

# 20 RubenDouglas @ 09/09/08 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That's the beauty of this feature, you don't have to do anything in terms of setting up playbooks or extra plays, it's all read-and-react. If you don't pass the ball to player A as designed in variation 1, he will cut through (or something similar) and the play will still continue as variation 2 and so on and so forth. It's brilliant.
ahhhh i get it now. it just SHOWS up in the playbook and lets me seeing the 4 variation animations... letting me know whats up.. Perfect execution on their part imo. instead of being in the dark, I can get an understanding.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.