Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted some NBA 2K9 screenshots that feature Association 2.0 & more.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 bateman11 @ 09/17/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
where is the big announcement? Who cares about online rosters...that's not a big announcement....why all of a sudden is everyone so excited about this game after seeing THESE screens? I thought the ESPN ones looked better....

I think it's about time 2K gets real and shows us gameplay!
Its coming bro... Big announcement is Association news, living rosters, 2K Insider, etc.

# 42 NumberOneRB @ 09/17/08 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
The reason it's not getting discussed is because of 2k's track record on those sort of things. We're talking about the same guys that put out I think 3? roster updates for the whole year last year. Our OS Vets 2k League was almost done before the big Cavs trade finally got put up in a roster update and it started after the trade if I recall.. How often do you think big animations are going to be added in?
I understand in the past they haven't exactly delivered in that regard, but you'd have to admit that of all the features they've mentioned today, that is an incredibly significant, if not ambitious, feature. If they are able to get new animations out in a timely fashion, that's going to be huge for the longevity of the game.

# 43 akiracy @ 09/17/08 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
where is the big announcement? Who cares about online rosters...that's not a big announcement....why all of a sudden is everyone so excited about this game after seeing THESE screens? I thought the ESPN ones looked better....

I think it's about time 2K gets real and shows us gameplay!
because these are in game screens and not from replay mode

# 44 DaoudS @ 09/17/08 07:03 PM
These are nice/long overdue announcements, but I wouldn't label them as a BIG announcement. Maybe there is more? Unlikely knowing 2K

# 45 chance @ 09/17/08 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
am i overlooking which photo that shows that. can you point me in the right direction please

# 46 poster @ 09/17/08 07:06 PM
So glad Association Mode is getting beefed up. Liking what I see so far.

# 47 J_Posse @ 09/17/08 07:07 PM
The fact that their adding downloadable animations, which could range from dunks, passes, jumpshots or dribble moves, is exciting alone. God, imagine being able to download LeBron's new jumpshooting form last year without waiting until this year. That is the sort of cool stuff we won't have to wait 12 months to see, now. I'm a little disappointed that were stucking seeing and playing against/with the OKC Thunder, ugh.

# 48 trobinson97 @ 09/17/08 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
The fact that their adding downloadable animations, which could range from dunks, passes, jumpshots or dribble moves, is exciting alone. God, imagine being able to download LeBron's new jumpshooting form last year without waiting until this year. That is the sort of cool stuff we won't have to wait 12 months to see, now. I'm a little disappointed that were stucking seeing and playing against/with the OKC Thunder, ugh.

Co-sign on that.

Quote:
But while the 2K Insider can take away, he can also give. If Deron Williams continues his success of last season or O.J. Mayo begins to dominate during his maiden campaign in the NBA, you can expect to see not just attribute bonuses but actual new animations available to that player as the season progresses. These new animation packages will be mo-capped, produced, and added during the course of the season by 2K devs and added to deserving players who have excelled during the season (or perhaps even developed a new signature move). In other words, this is new content developed during and relevant to the 2008/09 NBA season, not merely unlockable animation packages that are already in the game.

# 49 The 24th Letter @ 09/17/08 07:12 PM
^^^^^

Man, that is insane.

# 50 Jukeman @ 09/17/08 07:15 PM
praying for coaching settings somewhat like CH2k along with coaching hiring/firing

# 51 i c u cant stop me @ 09/17/08 07:17 PM
Come on 2k give us more awsome news (in game custom soundtracks)

# 52 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/17/08 07:17 PM
after looking at some of those pics it looks like im turning cpu trades off

# 53 BTB @ 09/17/08 07:17 PM
How much you guys wanna bet they will have the OKC uniforms be downloadable? It makes sense.

The downloadable animations sounds badass too.

Are we going to need an Xbox Live Gold membership to keep with all of this though?

# 54 trobinson97 @ 09/17/08 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I'm a little disappointed that were stucking seeing and playing against/with the OKC Thunder, ugh.

What do you mean? They have the correct stuff apparently.

Quote:
While the 2K Insider, Living Rosters, and Association 2.0 are big, it's certainly not the entire story with NBA 2K9. The game will also include five-on-five online play for the first time (we hope to get hands-on with this in the near future) as well as little touches like the correct Oklahoma City Thunder uniform and logo (sorry about that, Seattle Sonics fans), improved crowd animations, and more

# 55 AmericanPsychoXS @ 09/17/08 07:20 PM
this game looks so ill but i think 2K should just announce "the big online announcement" as well as show some gameplay vids.

it still looks sick.

# 56 Juice Malone @ 09/17/08 07:20 PM
Call me negative, but i dont trust 2k to manually update rosters, ratings, and tendencies. Not to mention that they will be juggling this with adding brand new animations.

In theory the human touch may make it less rigid than Live (ex. Just because Dwight Howard is averaging less rpg than Dirk Nowitzki in the last 2 weeks doesnt make Dirk a better rebounder. In Live Dirk's rebounding attributes may be recieve a big boost in one of the weekly updates. The 2k insider would probably hold off for a while until it becomes obvious that Dirk is really rebounding the ball well.), but possibly at the cost of efficiency. Im also skeptical that the 2k insider is gonna drop Lebron's rating if he is having the worst season of his life.

Hopefully, the fact that this guy is doing it everyday will allow him to keep up. I just hope he has a nice sized team helping him because the second he falls behind people are gonna get mad and say Live's 365 is better.

# 57 Vast @ 09/17/08 07:20 PM
DAmn!! Just what i've been waiting for. 2k9 here i come. i just hope the controls are more responsive than last year and that fast guys can blow by slow guys.

Man this NBA.com ish is INSANE! i think i might finally finish a few seasons in Legacy.. not since 2k1 have i been able to finish one.

# 58 Mholtz2323 @ 09/17/08 07:21 PM
Haven't posted here in a while. Been waiting for some news.
I am excited about these new features. I like the 2k insider over the live 365 feature mainly because it uses a human element. I think the 365 feature is just too much.
Love the screenshots as well. Want some gameplay videos, but if you can hold out till october 7th, you won't spoil the surprise like we do for every other game.

Next big thing for the nba2k series I think would be a new graphical/animation engine.

# 59 orrkl2002 @ 09/17/08 07:22 PM
...Now all I need is a cigarette and im off to bed.

# 60 mikedeezy @ 09/17/08 07:22 PM
all this sounds nice but when can i play the demo to see if its as good as its sounding

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.