Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 Disqo @ 09/30/08 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
It just seems that every time i start to enjoy Madden, another very frustrating bug pops its ugly head, to sour my experience.
You have hit the nail on the head

# 442 Titus001 @ 09/30/08 10:14 PM
Player regression in this game is broken or poorly planned. I'm playing as the Browns in my franchise and just won the super bowl. 3 of my starting o-line have went down in ratings. Joe Thomas has lost -1 awareness. Eric Steinbach has lost - 1 strength as did my right guard. Two years in a row this has happened to my o-line. Steinbach now has 86 strength. Other Gems is that Tony Romo is now an 91 in my franchise even though he played two good seasons in my franchise regarding stats. Steinback after this season in franchise will then have 85 strength as a left guard. Dude is in his prime like my whole line but they are declining every season... what a joke.

# 443 babyfat9 @ 10/01/08 01:29 AM
Madden football on Next Gen is a joke. Players look so unrealistic (Everyone is like vein popping ripped), we can't even get the right equitments such as neck braces, the lighting this year is just horrible. Commentary sucks, we can't even edit players sizes and so on. I thought by now EA would get it right. NCAA football is way better than NFL as far as gameplay goes and even how realistic graphics are !!!!!!

# 444 homeycool @ 10/01/08 01:52 AM
[quote=Anti Honor;2038763085]I seriously cannot get the CPU to run or score points. It's ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder if any CPU team plays better than another. Do the ratings even matter? I certainly don't see any ''robo qb'' at this point either - Hell, I'd welcome it.QUOTE]

I agree 100 percent! I just played Packers at Buc's, me being the packers. Yards were nearly identical (I think they beat me by like 20 yards), we each had one turnover, and penalities were also even, but I still ended up winning 31-14.

The computer cannot score, from 20 to 20 the CPU seems to do okay.... As soon as they get in the red zone everything just falls apart. Not to mention the horrible late game logic (end of half, quarter, etc)

You almost have to feel cheated to lose on this game in my opinion.

# 445 rayjohnson83 @ 10/01/08 09:23 AM
Where do I go to get the patch?

# 446 brendanrfoley @ 10/01/08 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjohnson83
Where do I go to get the patch?
If you have a 360 and are connected to XBox Live, the game automatically updates when you boot it up. Not sure how it works with PSN.

# 447 Motown @ 10/01/08 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
If you have a 360 and are connected to XBox Live, the game automatically updates when you boot it up. Not sure how it works with PSN.
When you put the game in, it prompts to update automatically. but you gotta be online.
For PS3...that is. so essentially .i.e the 360... the same.

# 448 Moegames @ 10/01/08 11:31 AM
Patch2 greatly helps the playability of Madden09..not sure what some of you guys are smoking but its much improved with patch2.

Thats not to say its no longer heavily flawed..as it still is and it doesnt change the fact that madden09 still has no soul to the game or any real atmosphere..hope 2010 changes all that though.

If the DLC comes out..it would really make madden09 a great game minus soul and atmosphere though

# 449 KRS-One @ 10/01/08 01:57 PM
Suddenly, my team refuses to cover their men on defense, and every pass I throw is 5 yards or more off-target. Hm.

# 450 Gold Glover @ 10/01/08 01:58 PM
Hi,

I bought Madden today and downloaded the patch (version 1.2 it says). My question is, if the current roster update is included in that patch, because I can't find a "download roster" option in the menus.

# 451 matt8204 @ 10/01/08 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Im going to assume he meant when the CPU is behind 22-20 and they would rather let the clock tick down to the 2 minute warning instead of actually trying to get a play off before the warning. I could be wrong but that would make the most sense.
Yeah, but why would they be in a hurry in that situation? They're already in field goal range and even if they let it run down to the two-minute warning, they still have plenty of time to take a shot at the end zone before attempting the field goal. Besides, you don't want to leave your opponent too much time on the clock to make a comeback. If the CPU kicks a field goal to make it 23-22, you only need to get into field goal range to win the game yourself.

# 452 -DaVe- @ 10/01/08 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKK1aDNYZM

^this guy explains patch #2 very well for me

# 453 roadman @ 10/01/08 07:48 PM
Yeah, he's funny, his video's have been posted a lot around here.

# 454 kt-od @ 10/02/08 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKK1aDNYZM

^this guy explains patch #2 very well for me

Gosh, that guy gets on my nerves. I wonder why he "dissects" every single aspect of the game? It must be miserable having to do that to a video game and not enjoying it for what it is... a video game.

He did the same with NCAA. I enjoy Madden. Despite some of the flaws, that most all football games have had, it does play very well. Patch #2 made it more enjoyable for me.

# 455 -DaVe- @ 10/03/08 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Gosh, that guy gets on my nerves. I wonder why he "dissects" every single aspect of the game? It must be miserable having to do that to a video game and not enjoying it for what it is... a video game.

He did the same with NCAA. I enjoy Madden. Despite some of the flaws, that most all football games have had, it does play very well. Patch #2 made it more enjoyable for me.
You gotta be kiddin me . Madden 09 hasn't even succeeded last gen Madden 04 in terms of GAMEPLAY..
If you realize that , you'll know why he's so critical..

# 456 kenzil @ 10/05/08 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Pretty much. I'm really enjoying this game. They fix some of the physics, line interaction type stuff, and add some atmosphere/sideline interaction, chain gang, halftime and reporter type stuff and and this game will be one of the best sports game ever imo. As far as fun factor on the field its very fun though.
I agree with you. I am enjoyoing the game...the chess match against the A.I....but the presentation (ugh) I find myself screaming louder than my crown when I get a sack because of a defensive play I called that confused the hell out of the offense.

# 457 sram444 @ 10/06/08 06:13 PM
can someone tell me if the edit issue was actually fixed?im going to start a franchise and want to know if i can edit my players and progression will work

# 458 kwas676 @ 10/06/08 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
You gotta be kiddin me . Madden 09 hasn't even succeeded last gen Madden 04 in terms of GAMEPLAY..
If you realize that , you'll know why he's so critical..
Sorry but you should just stop geting madden for next gen if you think madden 04 gameplay exceeds madden 09, the only thing the ps2 maddens have over the current one is the little things like sub package, and player match up assignment, and franchise mode and I guess refs and chain which i swear the only people that go crazy for them is people on these forums most people outside dont even notice. I can name a million things madden 09 does better then maddn 04 but I'm not even gonna waste my time.

# 459 BenjiA @ 10/06/08 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sram444
can someone tell me if the edit issue was actually fixed?im going to start a franchise and want to know if i can edit my players and progression will work
yes they've fixed that. You can start your franchise and edit players while in the 'chise. They will progress - have no fear!! Enjoy!

# 460 bsbllstr876 @ 10/07/08 07:56 PM
Was the 2nd patch suppose to help the online disconnects? The amount of disconnects are crazy bad. My last 3 games have gotten disconnected and I got charged a DNF for 2 of them. This is pretty ridiculous

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.