Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TNKNGM @ 09/23/08 06:37 AM
I got the patch for 360

what i am wondering is - can we now edit players equipment without the shoulder pad glitch, etc.

is there a list of exactly what this patch does?

i loaded my chise and the QB was taking its sweet time prior to snap which is GREAT

The CPU sideline AI is improved - i couldnt believe my eyes when the CPU caught a pass near the sideline and actually turned upfield to pick up an extgra 7 or 8 yds....thank god

I have a feeling there will need to be some updated adjustments to the different slider sets out there

# 2 steven @ 09/23/08 06:39 AM
i got the patch for the PS3 at 425 AM MOUNTAIN TIME.IT HAS 26MB............. hope that helps.

# 3 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
I got the patch for 360

what i am wondering is - can we now edit players equipment without the shoulder pad glitch, etc.

i loaded my chise and the QB was taking its sweet time prior to snap which is GREAT

The CPU sideline AI is improved - i couldnt believe my eyes when the CPU caught a pass near the sideline and actually turned upfield to pick up an extgra 7 or 8 yds....thank god

I have a feeling there will need to be some updated adjustments to the different slider sets out there
Tried to answer you in the other thread but it got locked while I was typing. anyway, the shoulder pad glitch wasn't addressed in the patch. The list can be found in the first post of the thread "2 weeks into Madden and official patch news" or something similar to that. Should be easy to find.

# 4 oChaos_Nine @ 09/23/08 06:39 AM
I was just prompted to d/l and I'm in GA. Will try and get an impression up soon. Anybody got a list of what's fixed?

# 5 bighurt27 @ 09/23/08 06:39 AM
There seems to be wayyyyy more penalties called now. I'll be back after I finish this game.

at the half
Skins 17
Eagles (me) 10

# 6 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/23/08 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKNGM
http://www.pastapadre.com/3186/full-...-for-madden-09

# 7 erickonasis @ 09/23/08 06:43 AM
This is BS I still havent goten it and its 6:45

# 8 erickonasis @ 09/23/08 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Just wondering WHY the patch topics got closed when MANY of us still haven't gotten it??
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

# 9 Chiefsfan881129 @ 09/23/08 06:45 AM
i have the PS3 CE Version of madden 09 and patch # 2 file size is 29 MB

But the good news for PS3 Owners who have the CE Is madden 93 is now playable and u can now exit back to madden 09 without the system locking or freezing up so this is fixed thank u EA

# 10 TNKNGM @ 09/23/08 06:46 AM
So editing equipment is still a problem?

# 11 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 06:46 AM
Patch #2 details

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. “ActionCam” forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing the “disconnect”. This has been fixed…all cameras can still be used as well.
Workaround until the patch: If possible, ensure that you and your opponent have the same camera type chosen before starting an online game.
2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights / postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.
Workaround until the patch: Save and re-boot after any point where you have entered the game. We learned that the likelihood of this issue appearing is magnified after multiple loads into and out of the game engine. From what we’ve seen so far, people that have tried playing only one game at a time (or even one Franchise training session at a time), and saving/rebooting afterwards, have had zero crashes.
3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This has been fixed.
Workaround until the patch: Always choose “No” at the Madden IQ end of game popup.
4. “WR direct snap” exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we fixing this play (i.e. we aren’t removing it), we are also going to be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has been found to be using this play.
5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see more realistic progression now.
6. Edited players don’t progress: Players were not progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other attribute). This has been fixed.
7. Stability issue when exiting Madden ‘93 in CE version: This has been fixed.
8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.
9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed for patch 2.
10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2.
11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.
12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring meter that was completely full.
13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen
14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though they were in Prevent.
15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.
16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.
17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make pre-play adjustments.
18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select popup was closed.

# 12 bcruise @ 09/23/08 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
i have the PS3 CE Version of madden 09 and patch # 2 file size is 29 MB

But the good news for PS3 Owners who have the CE Is madden 93 is now playable and u can now exit back to madden 09 without the system locking or freezing up so this is fixed thank u EA
Sweet. I have the CE too...maybe it's the regular Madden owners who haven't gotten the update prompt yet?

LOVE the snap delay - it's been a long time since I didn't feel rushed in a Madden game. May have to up the minutes for realistic play totals now....

# 13 bad_philanthropy @ 09/23/08 06:53 AM
It might be my eyes playing tricks with me at this hour and it could be related to the field degradation, but overall the lighting seems to look better. The game looks less "blue."

# 14 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 06:55 AM
yes i have the patch now!!!! ps3, los angeles!

# 15 erickonasis @ 09/23/08 06:56 AM
Is anyone else NOT getting the patch...Ive tried about 10 times and personally i'm getting sick of it....Is there something that you need to do to different than before?

# 16 bcruise @ 09/23/08 07:02 AM
Here's an idea of how much that delay matters, folks. Playing the same way the CPU does I just saw a total of 20 plays in the first quarter....on TEN minute quarters. 20 is quite low if you're aiming for that 120-play mark. I've never been able to get realistic play totals on anything above 8 minutes...EVER. Way back on the SNES games, even. For this game I could well be settling on 11 minutes.

That, to me, is awesome. I love playing longer games, and the only reason I didn't before was because the comp snapped the ball too fast. No more.

# 17 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
Is anyone else NOT getting the patch...Ive tried about 10 times and personally i'm getting sick of it....Is there something that you need to do to different than before?
nope, just start the game and it should prompt you.

and the removal of the cpu quick snap is golden!! love it

# 18 Instant C1a55ic @ 09/23/08 07:03 AM
Quote:
im in central time and i still dont have it yet. I called my buddy who lives on the other side of my small town and he still doesnt have it. Thank god i dont work today

# 19 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/23/08 07:05 AM
Quote:
It sometimes takes a while for the patch to hit all the pipelines. Not everyone gets patches at the same time. It's all dependent on where your servers are.

# 20 silver540i @ 09/23/08 07:06 AM
Anyone with the patch -- how is the field degradation now?

« Previous1234567892324Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.