Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sars3shot @ 09/23/08 07:08 AM
just got mine at 4:07 and i live in las vegas. good gamin gentleman. 360 byh the way.

# 22 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Here's an idea of how much that delay matters, folks. Playing the same way the CPU does I just saw a total of 20 plays in the first quarter....on TEN minute quarters. 20 is quite low if you're aiming for that 120-play mark. I've never been able to get realistic play totals on anything above 8 minutes...EVER. Way back on the SNES games, even. For this game I could well be settling on 11 minutes.

That, to me, is awesome. I love playing longer games, and the only reason I didn't before was because the comp snapped the ball too fast. No more.

and the best part of all is that now the cpu can have a realistic time of possesion. in my raider franchise, the cpu time of possession was almost always below 20 minutes and i play on 12 quarters.

now me and cpu teams can battle it out for real!! gotta love it!

# 23 erickonasis @ 09/23/08 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
It sometimes takes a while for the patch to hit all the pipelines. Not everyone gets patches at the same time. It's all dependent on where your servers are.
That must be the case cause i'm not getting squat so there's obviously still some issues with people receiving the patch ...Quite frustrating..Its Not like Philly is a small city

# 24 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/23/08 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
That must be the case cause i'm not getting squat so there's obviously still some issues with people receiving the patch ...Quite frustrating..Its Not like Philly is a small city
City size has nothing to do with it...it's whatever server you connect to when you hop onto Xbox Live. Some are faster than others. You may want to try powering your system off all together and see if that helps.

# 25 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
patience grasshoppa. lol

# 26 erickonasis @ 09/23/08 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
City size has nothing to do with it...it's whatever server you connect to when you hop onto Xbox Live. Some are faster than others. You may want to try powering your system off all together and see if that helps.
Did all that unplugged the cable from the xbox took the game out of the tray put it back in about 6 times ...truly frustrating

# 27 brezz2001 @ 09/23/08 07:15 AM
Just to clarify, this is just the patch and not also the DLC that has been rumored? Do we have any notice on when/if DLC will be released?

Thanks,

Brian

# 28 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brezz2001
Just to clarify, this is just the patch and not also the DLC that has been rumored? Do we have any notice on when/if DLC will be released?

Thanks,

Brian
just the patch. no details on DLC yet. stay tuned

# 29 Jono078 @ 09/23/08 07:18 AM
Interesting that people like the delay in the snap. For me it is too long to be waiting on average 8 seconds per snap when all I play is 5 min quarters.

# 30 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/23/08 07:18 AM
Quote:
Do we have any notice on when/if DLC will be released?
Last we heard, the folks at Tiburon were still trying to work out the details on how the DLC would be distributed, price or no price, etc, with Sony and Microsoft. They've said all along that IF they are able to release this Madden Sim Pack DLC, it would likely happen sometime in October.

# 31 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 07:19 AM
Quote:

Thanks,

Brian
Nope...no update on DLc or whether or not we'll even get it. As for the patch, I don't have it yet either. It's odd, because I got the one for HC already, but still no Madden. Oh well. I'll give it a go in a few, and if still no luck, I'm off to bed.

# 32 Brandwin @ 09/23/08 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Interesting that people like the delay in the snap. For me it is too long to be waiting on average 8 seconds per snap when all I play is 5 min quarters.
Probaby because most of us like playing with realistic stats so at least 8-9 minutes is a must. I hated when the cpu would snap the ball in 3 seconds. Now I have time to make defensive adjustments at the line.

# 33 Rawdeal28 @ 09/23/08 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
well for u it will be more of a hinderance than help but most of us play 8-12 min quarters and it was just too fast.

# 34 bcruise @ 09/23/08 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Nope...no update on DLc or whether or not we'll even get it. As for the patch, I don't have it yet either. It's odd, because I got the one for HC already, but still no Madden. Oh well. I'll give it a go in a few, and if still no luck, I'm off to bed.
I take it you're referring to the 360 HC patch? The PS3 one didn't make it out yet, did it?

Either way, I'm too busy with Madden to care right now.

# 35 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I take it you're referring to the 360 HC patch? The PS3 one didn't make it out yet, did it?

Either way, I'm too busy with Madden to care right now.
Yup...360, of course. Not really sweating it. If it's not there when I have significant time to play it later, then I might be upset...lol (actually, that's a lie...probably wouldn't be too worked up then either).

# 36 adembroski @ 09/23/08 07:26 AM
For those of you who DON'T have the patch yet

Really strange, programming.kid in the Head Coach forum said he switched from his XBox Live Gold account to another profile that was only a silver, and he got the patch then. So, getting sick of waiting, I actually created a silver profile, switched back to my gold to be sure, didn't get the patch, then went to the new silver, and it downloaded.

Weird, but worth a shot if you've got a silver profile handy.

# 37 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 07:27 AM
Well, just popped it back in and now I've got it. So I'm current on both games. Just gotta download the roster update and get to editing.

# 38 ExtremeGamer @ 09/23/08 07:29 AM
Great impressions...LOL

Three pages of people not getting the patch, complaining about not getting the patch etc.

Can anyone give real impressions?

# 39 hawkeye1328 @ 09/23/08 07:30 AM
Total noob question, and slightly off topic, but what's "DLC"?

# 40 ExtremeGamer @ 09/23/08 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye1328
Total noob question, and slightly off topic, but what's "DLC"?
Downloadable Content

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.