Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 countryboy @ 09/23/08 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Mc Dre
1. Believe it or not it varies. I have counted Drew Brees at 3.3 second snaps and Derek Anderson at about 4.1 snap count. But they do things in between like in real life in the midst of it.
I'm glad that it varies. I don't want it to be a predetermined number where I can sit on it and then explode off the ball. Hopefully there are times where they do quick snap it to try and catch you off guard. But if not, I'd rather have it be a longer time vs the quick snap.

# 82 TheShizNo1 @ 09/23/08 08:50 AM
Sorry to see the commentary wasn't secretly fixed...

# 83 TheWood56 @ 09/23/08 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm glad that it varies. I don't want it to be a predetermined number where I can sit on it and then explode off the ball. Hopefully there are times where they do quick snap it to try and catch you off guard. But if not, I'd rather have it be a longer time vs the quick snap.
Can you even jump the snap in this game? Or can you only try to sprint as soon as the ball is snapped?

# 84 Jump @ 09/23/08 08:52 AM
Wow. Penalties. I had mine set on 100 still from the pre patch 2 era, but thats gonna change. One holding penalty on my first three first downs.

I simmed one year of franchise and progression is definitely ramped up, but its seems like most players that progress gain alot of physical attributes (quarterbacks and some receievers don't gain speed). While this is alright for rookies, it seems weird for 28 year olds to be gaining 2 speed a season. Lets just say that the NFL will be FAST after a few years of franchise.

# 85 bcruise @ 09/23/08 08:55 AM
I should get a good look at the field degradation this time - I've got a CPU game running at Washington, in a pouring rain.

# 86 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/23/08 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Great impressions...LOL

Three pages of people not getting the patch, complaining about not getting the patch etc.

Can anyone give real impressions?
exactly, OMG, I want impressions, not "I got the patch and I live in my mothers Basement in New Jersey"..Anyway I downloaded the patch on my PS3 before I came to work, didn;t get a chance to play yet.

# 87 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
exactly, OMG, I want impressions, not "I got the patch and I live in my mothers Basement in New Jersey"..Anyway I downloaded the patch on my PS3 before I came to work, didn;t get a chance to play yet.
Interesting that you essentially just did what you complained about others doing. It's a discussion forum and all the other patch related threads were closed...why can't we all just relax a bit?

# 88 countryboy @ 09/23/08 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Can you even jump the snap in this game? Or can you only try to sprint as soon as the ball is snapped?
Yeah, I'm talking about manually jumping the snap. There is no jump the snap button in this year's game. Sorry for the confusion.

# 89 SonOfWisconsin @ 09/23/08 09:10 AM
Does anyone mind simming a few years and putting up some progression numbers? Check on if they fixed regression too, please? I'm stuck here at school and work all day...

# 90 ChicagoChris @ 09/23/08 09:12 AM
Quick impressions before i head out:

1. CPU delay snap is great. May annoy some but its awesome to be able to make pre snap adjustments. Adds SO much to the 'chess match'. You may have to up your Quarter length to 10 or 11. Great addition

2. Penalties definitely addressed. You're going to have to lower those all 100's. Saw quite a few including a nice fake snap and false start by the CPU.

3. Field degradation. Played a half in SD and saw it. Not huge but its better.

4. Haven't check the online or progression stuff yet.

5. No more RB or FB in the flats running out of bounds. Thank God!

Nice work Phil and team.

# 91 starboy71 @ 09/23/08 09:13 AM
I got the patch this morning. Loaded my saved franch. (yr.2 pre-season) it still froze when I tried to sim the first preseason week......

# 92 TheWood56 @ 09/23/08 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yeah, I'm talking about manually jumping the snap. There is no jump the snap button in this year's game. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries. Got excited there for a second though.

# 93 db56 @ 09/23/08 09:19 AM
Downloaded the patch about an hour ago (NC Missourri)

played 1 game Broncos vs Rams me being the Broncos and was impressed, the game played and looked a lot better, smoother.

Penalties are definitely amped up, had at least 1 sometimes 2 holding calls on every drive on run attempts, drive killers.

Cpu passing game much better, recievers catching, turning upfield and staying inbounds, sweet.

now I have to quit and go out into the real world and go on the road for 3 days, oh well, look forward to some good info when I get back. Enjoy all

# 94 sgtspit @ 09/23/08 09:20 AM
yes!!!! plays good now,like the way the field gets jacked up.Might
need to re do new sliders,alot of holding calls,other than that,gonna play longer q`s to really see changes..gotta go test HC now..

# 95 spydaman4 @ 09/23/08 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWisconsin
Does anyone mind simming a few years and putting up some progression numbers? Check on if they fixed regression too, please? I'm stuck here at school and work all day...
progression/regression is there.

im simming franchise with the texans and i seen some of my texan players progressed/regressed the first season. for example dunta robinson had an awful year, only grabbing 1 INT and got knocked down a rating. mario williams only had 2 sacks and got knocked down a rating. jacoby jones led the team in catches and went up 6 points. ahmad green went down a point eventhough he didnt play a down.

regression is there but the most ive seen a player regression was 3 points and it was a punter. ive seen some other players regress a point due to old age.

edit:
jon runyan regressed (age 37) 3 points after year 3
chris naeole regressed (age 36) 2 points after year 3
orlando pace regressed (age 35) 3 points after year 3
todd wade regressed (age 34) 2 points after year 3
mike wahle regressed (age 34) 2 points after year 3
bubba franks regressed (age 33) 2 points after year 3
peyton manning still a 99 at age 35

# 96 davidandjordan @ 09/23/08 09:22 AM
Franchise freezing is definitely not fixed. I'm totally bummed out. I downloaded the patch and restarted the console, loaded my franchise and tried to train, but nope. I know I've got the patch, and I know its working in some way because the CPU is taking longer to snap. But yeah, the biggest issue doesn't seem to have been fixed.

# 97 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
Franchise freezing is definitely not fixed. I'm totally bummed out. I downloaded the patch and restarted the console, loaded my franchise and tried to train, but nope. I know I've got the patch, and I know its working in some way because the CPU is taking longer to snap. But yeah, the biggest issue doesn't seem to have been fixed.
Maybe you have to restart your franchise to actually get that fix. I know they said you shouldn't, but maybe whatever the cause was is corrupting that file. Hopefully that's the case (if the alternative is it not being fixed at all, of course).

# 98 davidandjordan @ 09/23/08 09:27 AM
Everybody said that we don't need to restart the franchise. I'm not starting another one if the problem isn't fixed.

# 99 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
Everybody said that we don't need to restart the franchise. I'm not starting another one if the problem isn't fixed.
I understand that. I was just tossing an idea out there.

# 100 starboy71 @ 09/23/08 09:30 AM
I restarted my franchise, gonna do it all over again......fingers crossed!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.