Home
News Post

• Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 x1Blumpkin1x @ 10/03/08 10:15 AM
Yeah I know. I was just stating some impressions of the patch now that I finally downloaded it. I'm also running on the 360.

# 102 TMacFrog @ 10/03/08 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
From what some people are saying on the EA forums it seems to only affect PS3 users who have existing careers where the injury bug was already in effect.
@TMac - are you playing on PS3?
@ Blumpkin - you didn't have the injury bug in your existing career because you avoided the play creator so this doesn't apply to you.
Here's the link for the ea thread:
http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...art=0&start=15

# 103 Obelysk @ 10/03/08 10:32 PM
Did they fix that weird bug that made the Colts go undefeated for like 5 straight seasons? Let me guess that was not a bug.

# 104 MrNFL_FanIQ @ 10/16/08 04:18 PM
Hey, I haven't gotten the game yet, and I was leaning towards getting a PS3 over a Xbox 360. From what I've seen on here, the PS3 is really buggy but the 360 is working fine? Is there any PS3 people who have had no issues?

# 105 SloeyEZ @ 10/16/08 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
Hey, I haven't gotten the game yet, and I was leaning towards getting a PS3 over a Xbox 360. From what I've seen on here, the PS3 is really buggy but the 360 is working fine? Is there any PS3 people who have had no issues?
I own a PS3 but I would say NOOOOOO, that the complete opposite is true, the 360 is much more buggier than the PS3 but in reality, it probably doesn't matter which one you buy except that the PS3 has blu-ray which to me, makes it a no-brainer.

I'm not having any "buggy/freezing" problems with this game.

# 106 MrNFL_FanIQ @ 10/16/08 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I own a PS3 but I would say NOOOOOO, that the complete opposite is true, the 360 is much more buggier than the PS3 but in reality, it probably doesn't matter which one you buy except that the PS3 has blu-ray which to me, makes it a no-brainer.

I'm not having any "buggy/freezing" problems with this game.
I was speaking more of the game, not of the systems in general. It seems all of those who have had issues with the patch are PS3 owners.

# 107 SloeyEZ @ 10/16/08 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I was speaking more of the game, not of the systems in general. It seems all of those who have had issues with the patch are PS3 owners.
and i was referring to the game...again, from what i read of the forum, 360 has more problems. they had the patch a week earlier though, so those posts are buried and ps3 posts are more recent. but count them i guess if u really wanna know

# 108 MrNFL_FanIQ @ 10/16/08 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
and i was referring to the game...again, from what i read of the forum, 360 has more problems. they had the patch a week earlier though, so those posts are buried and ps3 posts are more recent. but count them i guess if u really wanna know
Oh, alright. Gotcha.

# 109 MrNFL_FanIQ @ 10/20/08 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
For God's Sake don't buy a PS3 over an XBOX.....I have both and the 3 just sits there until I want to watch a movie. Nearly every thing is better on the BOX and the PS3 exclusives are not nearly enough to justify its price, unless you love baseball (and I do) in which case The Show is worth the system price.
Hit the nail on the head with the Show, the Road to the Show mode in that game is unlike any other game. I really don't play many games as a whole outside of sports titles, so that is a big factor for me. Plus, I wouldn't have to adjust to a new controller and my old games still work.

# 110 turk106 @ 06/12/12 10:11 PM
how do I get this patch. I keep locking up at the training camp and or right before preseason. Please tell me how to get this patch so I can continue to play the best game out there

# 111 rangerrick012 @ 06/16/12 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk106
how do I get this patch. I keep locking up at the training camp and or right before preseason. Please tell me how to get this patch so I can continue to play the best game out there
It should download automatically when you start up the game and are connected online. If not clear your cache and it should download again. If you don't have XBL then I don't know what to tell you.

# 112 bsurocksrule @ 06/16/12 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
It should download automatically when you start up the game and are connected online. If not clear your cache and it should download again. If you don't have XBL then I don't know what to tell you.
I don't think you need an Xbox Live account. It should automatically download the update for you when you get internet. Actually when you're connected to the internet, a message should pop up that there is an update available for the game.

# 113 rangerrick012 @ 06/17/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
I don't think you need an Xbox Live account. It should automatically download the update for you when you get internet. Actually when you're connected to the internet, a message should pop up that there is an update available for the game.
True, I meant if you're not connected to the internet. You can still download patches w/o XBL.

# 114 ABR173rd @ 06/26/12 06:54 PM
Just got the game for PC and loving it so far, only issue was a crash during a preseason game which brings me to my question. Was the patch only for Xbox and PS3? I just bought HC 09 for the PC today from Origin and not sure if I need to DL a patch or if it auto patches?

# 115 kdmajoslin @ 06/27/12 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Just got the game for PC and loving it so far, only issue was a crash during a preseason game which brings me to my question. Was the patch only for Xbox and PS3? I just bought HC 09 for the PC today from Origin and not sure if I need to DL a patch or if it auto patches?
That is Head Coach 06 (with Cowher on the cover). Still a good game, but not HC 09.

# 116 ABR173rd @ 06/29/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmajoslin
That is Head Coach 06 (with Cowher on the cover). Still a good game, but not HC 09.
Wow, thanks for the heads up I totally missed that!

# 117 jesrockz @ 01/04/13 06:21 PM
Why isn't this patch still available? I need the patch for xbox but I can't find it anywhere. Is it possible for someone to post it online and then I can manually install it or are all the new players like me just screwed forever?

# 118 to0t3e @ 04/08/15 08:55 AM
Is there anyway i can get a hold of this patch today?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.