Home
News Post

• Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 steelraccoon @ 09/23/08 09:56 AM
Thanks a lot Josh.

I know u have been getting a lot of flak from me about the patch but in all seriousness, I do appreciate the work you all have put into it and hope u guys keep up the good work. I am enjoying the product and hope to see the title again in a year or two.

# 2 bigpapa_bliss @ 09/23/08 09:57 AM
Is this just XBOX 360? I'm on East Coast w/PS3 at 10am and no patch available, just roster update...thanks !

# 3 jms493 @ 09/23/08 09:58 AM
Great! I can start my franchise without searching all around the boards for workarounds!

Great job and thanks for keeping us updated......it kept me much interested in the game and looking forward to playing it to its fullest potential!

# 4 mercalnd @ 09/23/08 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa_bliss
Is this just XBOX 360? I'm on East Coast w/PS3 at 10am and no patch available, just roster update...thanks !
He said in another thread that it would be another week or so for PS3 because there was an issue with the version # and they had to resubmit.

# 5 MeSlayer @ 09/23/08 10:03 AM
Fantastic, now to finish my work for the day! ack!

# 6 Kingfish @ 09/23/08 10:10 AM
Thanks Josh! Your hard work is really appriciated...now, get to work on Head Coach 2010!

# 7 Matrix-Monkey @ 09/23/08 10:10 AM
Thank you kindly Josh =]

One question though, Dan said you fixed a bug related to Sit 'em or Start 'em not working as intended, IE players you sat still being involved in practices and losing fatigue/health. Was that actually addressed?

# 8 x1Blumpkin1x @ 09/23/08 10:14 AM
Great news Josh. We really appreciate the extra work you guys have put into this title, which I already think is great. I look forward to using play creator from the clipboard and I really am pleased I can call plays during the 2 minute drill, that cost me a few games. I don't remember who you said got that in, but thank them again. That is huge for me. And the FG power too, sort of felt cheap the few times I won because the CPU failed to make a chip shot field goal due to lack of power.

# 9 Josh_Looman @ 09/23/08 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Thank you kindly Josh =]

One question though, Dan said you fixed a bug related to Sit 'em or Start 'em not working as intended, IE players you sat still being involved in practices and losing fatigue/health. Was that actually addressed?
Good one. He probably fixed that on his own.

Seriously, don't give me any credit for this.

The credit should go to three guys who took time out of their current schedules to bust their asses on these fixes:

Dan Bekins

Chris Staymates

Jeff Keyek

These guys are the best programmers I've ever worked with in 9 years in the industry.

They are money.

# 10 Matrix-Monkey @ 09/23/08 10:16 AM
Send along our thanks to Dan, Chris, and Jeff please =]. Great work all!

# 11 Josh_Looman @ 09/23/08 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Great news Josh. We really appreciate the extra work you guys have put into this title, which I already think is great. I look forward to using play creator from the clipboard and I really am pleased I can call plays during the 2 minute drill, that cost me a few games. I don't remember who you said got that in, but thank them again. That is huge for me. And the FG power too, sort of felt cheap the few times I won because the CPU failed to make a chip shot field goal due to lack of power.
Yeah, you'll see a huge difference in fumbles, too. I played three games with LT and had one fumble.

Bekins did the 2 minute drill fix.

Staymates handled kick power and fumbles.

# 12 GGKoul @ 09/23/08 10:28 AM
Great work on the patch!!

Just a question.. If you're only part way through year 1, would you recommend restarting a career or does the patch automatically come in to effect?

# 13 Josh_Looman @ 09/23/08 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGKoul
Great work on the patch!!

Just a question.. If you're only part way through year 1, would you recommend restarting a career or does the patch automatically come in to effect?
The patch will go into effect even if you're in the middle of a career.

I'd restart if you've lost games because of the 2 minute warning issue, had players be injured for years, etc.

Otherwise you should be fine.

# 14 NJ2NC @ 09/23/08 11:09 AM
Hi Josh,
Thank you so much for listening to the community, and keeping us informed. I was an avid supporter of EA, but passed on Madden and NCAA this year after sub par efforts last year. I purchased Head Coach two weeks ago because of the way you communicated with us and the passion you (and your team) have for your work. This title will be a release day purchase next year for certain.

# 15 Sebmono @ 09/23/08 11:17 AM
Endless thanks to Dan, Chris, and Jeff!

this kind of programming dedication and customer support is very rare these days (especially in EA) and does not go unnoticed or unappreciated by us fans!

if those guys don't read the forums, please pass along our thanks Josh

# 16 Mauler97 @ 09/23/08 11:25 AM
Thank you Team HC!

Josh, are we able to now manually re-negotiate with our players and even ask them to take a pay cut? I tought I read that a couple of weeks ago.

# 17 Dan_Bekins @ 09/23/08 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
  • Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!
A few other things we fixed:

* Players will no longer lose fatigue when you sit them out of practice (already mentioned in another post).

* Players will be automatically subbed back in during a game once they regain full fatigue.

* You can now view your next year salary cap penalty on the Salary Cap Status screen.

* You won't be able to trade away Training Camp invites until the regular season begins (after all of their grades are unlocked).

# 18 Dan_Bekins @ 09/23/08 11:34 AM
Quote:
The patch will go into effect even if you're in the middle of a career.

I'd restart if you've lost games because of the 2 minute warning issue, had players be injured for years, etc.

Otherwise you should be fine.
The only other issue we've run into that might require a career restart is related to your current save file. If you crash right when you reach Training Camp or the Preseason, you'll probably need to restart. Hopefully this will be rare.

You might want to try simming to the preseason before continuing your career. If you make it through with no problems, you should be good to go.

# 19 x1Blumpkin1x @ 09/23/08 11:39 AM
Quote:
Yeah, you'll see a huge difference in fumbles, too. I played three games with LT and had one fumble.

Bekins did the 2 minute drill fix.

Staymates handled kick power and fumbles.
Thanks to Dan Bekins, Chris Staymates and Jeff Keyek.

# 20 Matrix-Monkey @ 09/23/08 11:42 AM
=] Awesome.

Ugh, 5 more hours of work. This is excruciating considering I have very little work to do but can't leave early.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.