Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 demo is available for the Playstation 3. Download it and give us your impressions.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Aces15 @ 10/02/08 06:14 PM
This game is downright...... amazing. Just the first few possessions I knew this was an awesome game.

From Lamar Odom draining a layup on the fast break and then having to stop himself using the basket, to Rajon Rondo's quick crossovers and iso moves. This game is pretty freakin' awesome

# 22 KingLBJ @ 10/02/08 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereginator28
That song is in the game.
oh... i haven't looked at the soundtrack yet... that's pretty sweet...

# 23 Erratic @ 10/02/08 06:15 PM
Only 1 quarter? Not 2 like last year?

# 24 madjax @ 10/02/08 06:15 PM
i love it. what i can already tell is that the bigs really feel like bigs. gasol feels so tall. no more standing under the rim and scoring with small guys you will get blocked for sure, and on the other hand no more blocking bigs with small guys.

i tried to iso my way in only to be called for a offensive foul nice touch

# 25 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/02/08 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
well its only one quarter of play.. lame
does it let you restart from the ingame menu

# 26 semconnection @ 10/02/08 06:17 PM
I love the game and I am very hard on sports games. The controls are alot more responsive than in years past, I don't see as much "gliding" this year you can kind of feel the steps being taken. The animations are really smooth there are less awkward movements. Kobe is sick, i love his running fade away using the shot stick.

# 27 Nodima @ 10/02/08 06:17 PM
A walkthrough of my quick playthrough before the class:

The demo kicks right into Play Now - Pau Gasol is a nightmare to defend and will be taking former UConn Husky Ray Allen at Boston on the 2K Sports Network.

As someone using an SDTV, let me say these players look absolutely WOW. The menu is also a lot prettier, but you guys probably have noticed that already.

No Clark Kellog/Kevin Harlan in the intro, or I jsut wasn't looking. More in the next post.

# 28 semconnection @ 10/02/08 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYjetsdynasty
yes. rematch button

# 29 semconnection @ 10/02/08 06:19 PM
fast breaks are really smooth also the players keep running. I see more player movement than in years past in the half court offense.

# 30 Heiks @ 10/02/08 06:19 PM
Seems like more blocking and offensive fouls. And highly contested layups a really hard to hit, feels real.

# 31 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/02/08 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by semconnection
yes. rematch button
good news

# 32 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:21 PM
Just finished the quarter. Remember I am new to the series so if I state the obvious, cut me some slack.

Graphics are amazing. The crowd is really into the game, and react appropriately to whats going on. I love the "ceiling" lights glaring off the hardwood, nice touch. The fact that the court is surrounded by those who you would expect is also a neat touch, really drew me into the game.

Gameplay is phoenomenal. Be back in a sec to detail

# 33 JackTheRipper @ 10/02/08 06:23 PM
I played through a few games (four minutes each I think)...and the game is looking hot. Lot's of jaggies around the players on my TV, but that may be fixable. I had Kobe tie the game with 3 seconds left with a three off a pick when Perkins switched onto me. I think that is the only time I've ever liked Kobe, hah!

Off the ball doesn't seem to work, and for some reason all I can do is a hop step. How do you do isomotion? The circle button is mapped to pick control. Very confused. Is it just not in the demo? That would suck. That's the one thing I need to practice.

Other than those two things, the game is looking good. The off the ball movement without you doing anything is absolutely superb. I've scored half my buckets already off of movement the computer did on its own. Lots of fouls too, which is nice.

# 34 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYjetsdynasty
yeah, you can just do the rematch and you don't have to reload which is nice.

# 35 Klocker @ 10/02/08 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Graphics are amazing.
HDTV?

thanks for the impressions

# 36 Nodima @ 10/02/08 06:23 PM
Movement is very different, or at least heavier. They showed Odom's bio when he went to the line jsut now.

I took control of Pierce and gave Odom space using the Lock-On D, he thought about it for about 2 seconds then took the pop up 19 footer and missed it. I like that there's that strategy to it.

Isomotion feels very different, I'm using to getting stuck in animations and sort of "pre-loading" my next move - you can't do that here. If you do the juke move twice rapidly, Rondo will break his first juke and start his second. This makes it a lot harder to get into the paint.

Ray Allen is a ****ing HOUND for screens, he literally runs around every one all the time looking for that catch and shoot.

And I chose the Lakers. Man it sucks I have class, can't wait to read what people discovered. My game ended tied 4-4.

# 37 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:24 PM
Well, I had Kevin Garnett get 4 fouls in the one quarter. I am a ferocious defender.

# 38 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
HDTV?

thanks for the impressions
Yes.

# 39 8and9 @ 10/02/08 06:26 PM
Is Isomotion not with the L Stick anymore?

# 40 Behindshadows @ 10/02/08 06:26 PM
Videos coming tonight guys!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.