Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 demo is available for the Playstation 3. Download it and give us your impressions.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
You just stink at the game country...lol

nah when you're new to the game the AI whips on you
you ain't kiddin.

# 62 bluengold34_OS @ 10/02/08 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I apologize for being a nuisance. I am very intrigued by what I am seeing and trying my best to relay to the community, but I don't know what is the thing to look for so to speak, so I am telling everything.

I do apologize guys, if my sporadic posts are annoying.
Dont apologize Bro, its awesome seeing guys post with such excitement and passion for a game.

Not annoying at all ....................

# 63 sho89mtx @ 10/02/08 06:38 PM
has anyone tried to adjust your shot in mid-air, if so, does it look sick?

# 64 KidHypeTellem @ 10/02/08 06:38 PM
LMAO well firstly it's quite crazy coz I just Derek Fisher run up court shoot a 3 and scored, then me gettin mixed up with the Live controls flicked the right stick, Rajon Rondo had the ball half court, threw up the shot and BOOM 3 points to me lmaooo.

Anyway serious side, straight away you feel the difference between now n last year. Feels much smoother, animations are great and a nice match intro.

I would however prefer to just mess around with this to prepare for the real thing as I feel this demo was just thrown together quickly just to have a demo like theres not much too it just play 1 4 or 5 min quarter and thats it. I don't expect them to put everything in there ofcourse but atleast let me make a sub! lol

# 65 ThaGenecyst @ 10/02/08 06:38 PM
maybe it's the demo but.... this thing has jaggies out the wazoo!

# 66 Alonzo @ 10/02/08 06:40 PM
I am still downloading and watching the NLDS game, but as soon as the download is finished, I'll play a few games.

Just one question: is it finally easier to get a complete open shot. In the past versions, I couldn't get one to save my life, the defenders were way to quick.

# 67 BigBR @ 10/02/08 06:40 PM
I'm at work for another 3 hours...damnit, I really wanna play this now!

# 68 23 @ 10/02/08 06:40 PM
Yeah you arent annoying country, you sound like alot of the guys here and why they started loving the game so much

# 69 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:40 PM
I can't get over the atmosphere of the arena and I love the stat overlays. This game is nice. Real nice.

I just had a shot hit the rim, bounce up, hit the backboard, bounce on the rim brace and then fall in.

# 70 Klocker @ 10/02/08 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
maybe it's the demo but.... this thing has jaggies out the wazoo!
...was hoping they would have smoothed out the image quality a bit...

do the skin textures and faces make it look more realistic than last year though would you say?

# 71 blingballa333 @ 10/02/08 06:42 PM
Overall, how do you guys feel about the graphics. Becuase I see some people saying the graphics are amazing, and other saying there are jaggies. Are the jaggies worse tha 2k8 Genecyst?

# 72 maball @ 10/02/08 06:42 PM
yeah im playn on samsung 1080p and ive seen some bad jaggies too...gameplay is great though

# 73 Stumbleweed @ 10/02/08 06:43 PM
Can you watch replays (like pause the game and access the replay menu)? Are there any of the little highlight packages during dead balls? I love the little details of these games and replay mode is the only place you notice them...

# 74 RubenDouglas @ 10/02/08 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Videos coming tonight guys!
. as a 360 owner, i thank YOU

# 75 KidHypeTellem @ 10/02/08 06:44 PM
Graphics are great and animations are the best. I actually like the opposition dunking on me or puttin up a nice shot in my players face loool

# 76 barrist @ 10/02/08 06:44 PM
jaggies but i think you get used to them, plus i dont see that close to the screen, so they're harder to see.

otherwise, game looks great.

# 77 riDIRKulous41 @ 10/02/08 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Can you watch replays (like pause the game and access the replay menu)? Are there any of the little highlight packages during dead balls? I love the little details of these games and replay mode is the only place you notice them...
Nope...there are replays but only in game, you cant pasue to go back and look at them

# 78 madjax @ 10/02/08 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
No you cannot replay. they dont show any highlights i have not seen any so far.

sorry if i make any grammar mistakes typing real fast to try to give everybody impressions

# 79 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Yeah you arent annoying country, you sound like alot of the guys here and why they started loving the game so much
Yeah, I am very drawn into the game right now. I just had KG dunk over Pau Gasol for the and 1.

Can someone tell me if there is a stand alone dunk button ala Live?

# 80 KENYON06 @ 10/02/08 06:46 PM
You guys seeing the CPU shoot off the dribble enough? (I know Pared already said it was better this year but I'd like a larger sample size.)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.