Home
News Post

Hello Everyone,

In our communication to all of you before the launch of NBA LIVE 09, we said that NBA LIVE 365 would be “Made Fresh Daily.” This will certainly be the case, but I wanted to update everyone on our current status, because there are lots of questions being asked around the community concerning NBA LIVE 365 and when it will officially “turn on.” Last night the NBA season officially kicked off. Six teams played, and the NBA LIVE 365 information was received and is ready to be pushed in-game for all of you to enjoy, but in order to accurately reflect what’s happening in the real NBA in NBA LIVE 09, we need the data from EVERY NBA team once they finish their first game.

The last NBA teams will play their first game on Thursday (10/30). To accurately reflect what happened for every team’s first game in NBA LIVE 09, we’re going to turn on NBA LIVE 365 on Friday morning (10/31) for everyone that input a code on the insert inside the NBA LIVE 09 packaging. Once every team plays their first game, you will see your daily changes as promised.

We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but we really wanted to update the community on what our current status is. We thank you for your overwhelming excitement and continued interest for this feature, and we promise that you’ll be pleased with what’s reflected in-game based on the real NBA season. It’ll be a long, enjoyable journey for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks,

The NBA LIVE 09 Team

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Sluggo @ 11/02/08 06:49 PM
What's up with the replay game Spurs/Blazers

Matt Bonner isn't on the roster yet he started that game but George Hill is on the roster and didn't play.

It's a huge problem because the CPU is subbing in Roger Mason at center.

# 122 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/02/08 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
If you start a franchise with these generic DNA rosters, every team will start with generic DNA and evolve from there.

The only things currently being updated by Live 365 are accurate rosters and rotations.
Does that mean every team will play identical style offenses?

# 123 Zeekesimo @ 11/02/08 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroticomic
you mean PARTLY accurate rosters.
from what I have read on the rosters thread, there are TON of inconsistencies so far.
unacceptable.
Then stop playing the game and quit complaining.

# 124 rawdog805 @ 11/02/08 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekesimo

# 125 neuroticomic @ 11/02/08 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeekesimo

I have stopped playing.

Who are you by the way?
get out of your moms basement, your PB & J is ready up in the kitchen.

that goes for you too rawdogg
please tell me you are 15 under with that screenname lol

# 126 russ99 @ 11/02/08 07:11 PM
I'm just glad EA came out with an update.

I'm expecting the 365 updates to get better as they go on, since this is the first time they're offering this kind of feature. A month into the season is when I'm starting my franchise, but for now, it's a blast to play the rewind games. I've already replayed the Bulls first two games...

# 127 ExtremeGamer @ 11/02/08 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
They do now anyway. That's my biggest complaint about the game. Other than that the game is still great.

# 128 Millennium @ 11/02/08 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
To start, yes. They will progress as the season goes on to whatever CPU Management direction it wants.

Also, make sure you are loading the roster correctly. From my experience, you need to load the roster at the match-up screen when playing Play Now games for the correct roster, and rewind rosters, to be used.

# 129 MrMaddog @ 11/02/08 07:45 PM
Quote:
I have stopped playing.

Who are you by the way?
get out of your moms basement, your PB & J is ready up in the kitchen.

that goes for you too rawdogg
please tell me you are 15 under with that screenname lol
You know Neuroticomic, I'm beginning to wish the moderator bans you. You're not playing the game anymore, but keep posting negative things everywhere you look about Live. You're like a little neurotic gnat. GO AWAY!!!

# 130 bkrich83 @ 11/02/08 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaddog
You know Neuroticomic, I'm beginning to wish the moderator bans you. You're not playing the game anymore, but keep posting negative things everywhere you look about Live. You're like a little neurotic gnat. GO AWAY!!!
Some people simply can't help themselves. His agenda is clear, and his only goal is obviously to further that agenda at all opportunities. Just do what I do and add him to your ignor list. That way you won't have to sort through his jibberish.

# 131 The 24th Letter @ 11/02/08 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
They do now anyway. That's my biggest complaint about the game. Other than that the game is still great.
Thats what im saying.
Hopefully the update makes a difference!

# 132 MrMaddog @ 11/02/08 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Some people simply can't help themselves. His agenda is clear, and his only goal is obviously to further that agenda at all opportunities. Just do what I do and add him to your ignor list. That way you won't have to sort through his jibberish.
Glad you told me the ignor list. Thanks man... I'll do that.

# 133 Flightwhite24 @ 11/02/08 08:35 PM
Quote:
you mean PARTLY accurate rosters.
from what I have read on the rosters thread, there are TON of inconsistencies so far.
unacceptable.
As I stated before I purchased the game and after numerous functions that were advertised did not work I got rid of my purchase. I am somewhat disgusted because it is always an excuse from EA. Personally it was a lot of good things about Live 09 that I did like but their were a lot more that I didn't. If I spend $60 plus on a game that states certain things are going to happen then I expect them. I can see were neuroticomic has some dislike for what has happened. Come on fellows, we are a week into the season and the rosters are inaccurate, PS3 in-game replays are jacked up, DNA is not working. We as consumers I feel have a right to be somewhat upset. Especially when commercials are being ran about this great feature that to this date does not even work. Now if EA had said on back of the box some of these features are probably not going to work right away, also if EA had of mentioned the DNA is gonna kick in maybe 3-5 games in then at lot of consumers probably would have been a little more forgiving. When all is said and done and at the end of the day. The advertised features are not working/or not working properly, nor are the rosters accurate. Is that a true statement? Correct me if I am wrong. Every game that I have purchased made by EA this year had a "MAJOR GAMEPLAY FLAW" A lot of you fellow gamers seem to say oh it will get fixed with a patch so don't worry. But why get upset and bash other posters because they feel decieved/mislead about their purchase. That, I just do not understand. Maybe some value the dollar more than others, just my 2 cents. Peace!!!!!

# 134 bateman11 @ 11/02/08 08:43 PM
^You just have to be patient. They have put out their best product in years. These people aren't perfect and any new system is going to have problems. I mean, I think EA figured people would have enough common sense to know this.

# 135 neuroticomic @ 11/02/08 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
As I stated before I purchased the game and after numerous functions that were advertised did not work I got rid of my purchase. I am somewhat disgusted because it is always an excuse from EA. Personally it was a lot of good things about Live 09 that I did like but their were a lot more that I didn't. If I spend $60 plus on a game that states certain things are going to happen then I expect them. I can see were neuroticomic has some dislike for what has happened. Come on fellows, we are a week into the season and the rosters are inaccurate, PS3 in-game replays are jacked up, DNA is not working. We as consumers I feel have a right to be somewhat upset. Especially when commercials are being ran about this great feature that to this date does not even work. Now if EA had said on back of the box some of these features are probably not going to work right away, also if EA had of mentioned the DNA is gonna kick in maybe 3-5 games in then at lot of consumers probably would have been a little more forgiving. When all is asid and done and at the end of the day. The advertised features are not working/or not working properly, nor are the rosters accurate. Is that a true statement? Correct me if I am wrong. Every game that I have purchased made by EA this year had a "MAJOR GAMEPLAY FLAW" A lot of you fellow gamers seem to say oh it will get fixed with a patch so don't worry. But why get upset and bash other posters because they feel decieved/mislead about their purchase. That, I just do not understand. Maybe some value the dollar more than others, just my 2 cents. Peace!!!!!

# 136 Flightwhite24 @ 11/02/08 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
^You just have to be patient. They have put out their best product in years. These people aren't perfect and any new system is going to have problems. I mean, I think EA figured people would have enough common sense to know this.
Common sense would also say EA make sure if you advertise a feature to help push sales of your product that it should be tested through and through before putting it out on the market. When you buy something you expect it to work. PERIOD!!!!! Whether it be a toaster, deep freezer, car, ect. This game has been out almost a month and the features do not work properly. Think about it bateman11. Can you sit here and honestly say they did not know in-game replays were broken? That's an easy test. Can you say it could have easily been missed? Come on, if some are ok with that fine, but don't say people don't have common sense because they bought a purchase expecting it to work out of the box properly, which seems to happen often with an EA based sports titles as of late not working as advertised then we the consumer have to wait to get a patch well into the season. Peace!!!!

# 137 MrMaddog @ 11/02/08 09:06 PM
Quote:
As I stated before I purchased the game and after numerous functions that were advertised did not work I got rid of my purchase. I am somewhat disgusted because it is always an excuse from EA. Personally it was a lot of good things about Live 09 that I did like but their were a lot more that I didn't. If I spend $60 plus on a game that states certain things are going to happen then I expect them. I can see were neuroticomic has some dislike for what has happened. Come on fellows, we are a week into the season and the rosters are inaccurate, PS3 in-game replays are jacked up, DNA is not working. We as consumers I feel have a right to be somewhat upset. Especially when commercials are being ran about this great feature that to this date does not even work. Now if EA had said on back of the box some of these features are probably not going to work right away, also if EA had of mentioned the DNA is gonna kick in maybe 3-5 games in then at lot of consumers probably would have been a little more forgiving. When all is asid and done and at the end of the day. The advertised features are not working/or not working properly, nor are the rosters accurate. Is that a true statement? Correct me if I am wrong. Every game that I have purchased made by EA this year had a "MAJOR GAMEPLAY FLAW" A lot of you fellow gamers seem to say oh it will get fixed with a patch so don't worry. But why get upset and bash other posters because they feel decieved/mislead about their purchase. That, I just do not understand. Maybe some value the dollar more than others, just my 2 cents. Peace!!!!!
I agree with just about everything you said. Well said. I'm upset too. But we're talking about a videogame...a toy. As for bashing people. I don't know about that. Think about a person getting fired from a job and then everyday they're back on the job site each day afterwards making negative comments about their boss, co-workers, etc. You feel for the guy, but after awhile it gets annoying. It's time for them to get over it and move on.

So when someone says that they are "no longer playing the game", but keeps coming back with negative stuff, you feel for them, but it does become annoying... like a child throwing a temper tantrum. They need to move on. On the outside, that may sound like someone taking EA's side, but it's not. It's just being an adult about the situation.

# 138 droopizzle34 @ 11/02/08 09:11 PM
Quote:
Common sense would also say EA make sure if you advertise a feature to help push sales of your product that it should be tested through and through before putting it out on the market. When you buy something you expect it to work. PERIOD!!!!! Whether it be a toaster, deep freezer, car, ect. This game has been out almost a month and the features do not work properly. Think about it bateman11. Can you sit here and honestly say they did not know in-game replays were broken? That's an easy test. Can you say it could have easily been missed? Come on, if some are ok with that fine, but don't say people don't have common sense because they bought a purchase expecting it to work out of the box properly, which seems to happen often with an EA based sports titles as of late not working as advertised then we the consumer have to wait to get a patch well into the season. Peace!!!!
i totally agree with you man. I bought this game because of the 365 feature,and it hasn't worked since I bought it.I look today and all the team's dna tendencies are the same. there are rewind games missing or not even available,it is crazy.Yet you see commercials with 365 "MADE FRESH DAILY" on every NBA game telecast. I am getting fed up with EA sports.They used to be one of my favorite game producers, now it seems they are a hype machine that can't back it up.I turned in Madden 09,and it looks like Live is headed back as well.

# 139 neuroticomic @ 11/02/08 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
.I look today and all the team's dna tendencies are the same. there are rewind games missing or not even available,it is crazy.Yet you see commercials with 365 "MADE FRESH DAILY" on every NBA game telecast. I am getting fed up with EA sports..

another great point.

all u see are MADE FRESH DAILY commercials hawking their game, yet people will go buy it and NOT get MADE FRESH DAILY.

how can they with a good conscious, put that commercial on the air, knowing the feature is NOT ready, a month after release?

Misleading and EA should be accountable.
I spent almost 200 dollars on ea games this year, all went back.
Madden, Live, Tiger...

I have a right to be po'd and complain, I just hope i can stop people from wasting money on them as well.

# 140 bkrich83 @ 11/02/08 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaddog
Glad you told me the ignor list. Thanks man... I'll do that.
Makes life easier. Just get to filter out the ridiculous agenda's people keep trying to push, in the name of "helping" other gamers out there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.