Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 patch has been released for the Xbox 360. The PS3 patch should be released sometime tomorrow. Please post your impressions here.

Here is the original link, that talks about the patch.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Kruza @ 12/02/08 05:18 PM
Wow... while this game still has some issues that has to be taken care of for offline play, this game is very good at default slider settings when playing online against people. A lot of things have improved as far as gameplay is concerned, and it shows right away.

Kruza

# 42 Bornindamecca @ 12/02/08 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
Wow... while this game still has some issues that has to be taken care of offline play, this game is very good at default slider settings when playing online against people. A lot of things have improved as far as gameplay is concerned, and it shows right away.

Kruza
:kisses his 200 bucks goodbye:

Looks like I'll be getting that arcade in the next couple of days. M$ sent me my shipping label already.

# 43 mercalnd @ 12/02/08 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
why was I prompted to do a system update? Was there a PS3 update recently?
Yes there is a new system update today.

# 44 Scoop 24 @ 12/02/08 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
why was I prompted to do a system update? Was there a PS3 update recently?
yes it was.

# 45 J-Unit40 @ 12/02/08 05:21 PM
Yes. There was a PS3 update recently. I was prompted for the System Update last night.

The two are unrelated.

# 46 Bird123 @ 12/02/08 05:33 PM
Is it me, or you can't back back anyone in the post anymore? Even with Yao or Shaq, with mis-matches and smaller players on them?

# 47 nogster @ 12/02/08 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird123
Is it me, or you can't back back anyone in the post anymore? Even with Yao or Shaq, with mis-matches and smaller players on them?
yep. sigh....they have gone from one extreme to the other.

dammit 2k..

# 48 DC @ 12/02/08 05:43 PM
Yea I guess next year pre patch it will go back to the other extreme.

# 49 Rawdeal28 @ 12/02/08 05:47 PM
Quote:
honestly ill take that any day of the week. what we have before everyone was getting backed down.

# 50 sjoh007 @ 12/02/08 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster

dammit 2k..
are u tweaking your tendencies

# 51 Bird123 @ 12/02/08 05:55 PM
Wow... I haven't played Live since 2000 on the PC.....but that may change soon.

# 52 Dice @ 12/02/08 06:05 PM
Quote:
That's not a good sign. I can understanding toning it down but to completely get rid of it is another thing. Shaq should be able to backdown 95% of the players in the league.

# 53 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 06:09 PM
from one end of the spectrum to the other when it comes to backing down defenders. The 2K camera seems to work better, though it still lags slightly from the initial transition.

# 54 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 06:16 PM
Shaq couldn't back down a tired Stackhouse - went from one extreme to the other.

# 55 tcnumba10 @ 12/02/08 06:20 PM
So can I confirm with you guys that during gameplay in offline mode that:

1) There's no backdoor passes the CPU does which lead to a high number of PIP (points in the paint)?

2) There is an increase of mid-range Js attempted by the CPU?

# 56 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
So can I confirm with you guys that during gameplay in offline mode that:

1) There's no backdoor passes the CPU does which lead to a high number of PIP (points in the paint)?

2) There is an increase of mid-range Js attempted by the CPU?
I still see some back door cuts, but not as much as before. I am also using nogster's rosters with my custom sliders so i was already having realistic pitp. I like the improvements, but it is certainly disappointing that the low post issues have gone to the other extreme (now being impossible to back someone down)

# 57 Benicio10 @ 12/02/08 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster

dammit 2k..
I haven't played yet, but I love the fact that you can't dominate people by backing down. It's something I always complained about. In real life they can only back down 1 or 2 steps and then you need to make a move instead of constantly push people back down into the paint.

# 58 DaoudS @ 12/02/08 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
I haven't played yet, but I love the fact that you can't dominate people by backing down. It's something I always complained about. In real life they can only back down 1 or 2 steps and then you need to make a move instead of constantly push people back down into the paint.
now you won't be able to do 1 or 2 steps either, let alone a quarter of an inch.

# 59 elprez98 @ 12/02/08 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I still see some back door cuts, but not as much as before. I am also using nogster's rosters with my custom sliders so i was already having realistic pitp. I like the improvements, but it is certainly disappointing that the low post issues have gone to the other extreme (now being impossible to back someone down)
I play with the Hornets and I abuse people in the block with West. I don't see the problems that you guys are seeing. I'm loving the patch. Especially, since I just bought the game so I play the game with all the problems for too long.

# 60 ProfessaPackMan @ 12/02/08 06:29 PM
For the short time I was playing, I wasn't having any problems backing down smaller guys(mismatches)in the post. Definitely noticed some improvements in this. Good job 2K.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.