Home
News Post

A title update is currently available for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 versions of Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Both updates bring improved AI balance to adjust dynamically to user skill level. The Xbox 360 update also adds support for additional leaderboards for tournaments on the Rockstar Games Social Club, broader multiplayer match searching, and upgraded streaming and performance.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles screenshot gallery - Click to view Midnight Club: Los Angeles screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Midnight Club: Los AngelesReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Midnight Club: Los Angeles Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jms493 @ 12/08/08 10:12 PM
very cool....might have to put this back in the tray

# 2 jms493 @ 12/09/08 09:33 AM
I dont understand......this isnt DLC correct???

I put the game in last night and there was no update...

Whats a title update??

# 3 jms493 @ 12/09/08 11:53 PM
did you play it?

notice any difference in AI???

# 4 OliDegu2008 @ 12/10/08 03:19 AM
Thanks for this.

# 5 baumy300 @ 12/13/08 11:31 AM
Awesome. Thanks for informing me of this, Steve.

# 6 phillyfan23 @ 12/19/08 02:03 AM
so how's the cpu ai AFTER the patch? is the cpu challenging due to rubber-band ai or excellent driving? I played motorstrom2, while I loved the driving mechanics, the racing kinda sucked because of the over the top catch up logic? how is it in Midnight club....I wanna feel like if i'm learning the tracks it translates into results rather than the cpu re-adjusting and catching up basically rendering learning the game useless.

Thanks for all the responses.

# 7 baumy300 @ 12/19/08 02:11 AM
The game is definitely different after the patch is installed. I have fallen very far behind after a few bad crashes and in time have caught up in a realistic manner.

I think it plays a lot better after the patch.

# 8 phillyfan23 @ 12/19/08 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
The game is definitely different after the patch is installed. I have fallen very far behind after a few bad crashes and in time have caught up in a realistic manner.

I think it plays a lot better after the patch.
so what are you trying to say here? caught up not by rubber-band or by realistic mistake-free driving ? I am sick of rubber-band, it really destroys racing games IMO. What about the cpu when they're chasing you ? if you're in the lead and do even better in the next stretch of the race, will you gain on the cpu drivers or will they suddenly be on your tail again?

Sorry for the repetitive nature of my questions, but after being so disappointed by motorstrom2, I really have to be careful with racing games today. At least there will be Race Pro, and that shouldn't have any catch up logic whatso-ever.

But it'd be nice if an arcade game has at least the option of having rubber-band or not. Oh by the way, does MC:LA have a replay feature after you've finished your races?

# 9 jms493 @ 12/19/08 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
so what are you trying to say here? caught up not by rubber-band or by realistic mistake-free driving ? I am sick of rubber-band, it really destroys racing games IMO. What about the cpu when they're chasing you ? if you're in the lead and do even better in the next stretch of the race, will you gain on the cpu drivers or will they suddenly be on your tail again?

Sorry for the repetitive nature of my questions, but after being so disappointed by motorstrom2, I really have to be careful with racing games today. At least there will be Race Pro, and that shouldn't have any catch up logic whatso-ever.

But it'd be nice if an arcade game has at least the option of having rubber-band or not. Oh by the way, does MC:LA have a replay feature after you've finished your races?
there is always GRID......and DIRT 2 will be coming out in 2009.

If they are smart they will make a GRID 2.........game is tits!

by replay do mean restart?? Or instant Replay??

# 10 phillyfan23 @ 12/19/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
there is always GRID......and DIRT 2 will be coming out in 2009.

If they are smart they will make a GRID 2.........game is tits!

by replay do mean restart?? Or instant Replay??

I loved Grid....played it from day 1 thru the summer....another racer which doesn't have rubber-band...and it's an arcade too..

I mean instant replay

# 11 phillyfan23 @ 12/22/08 12:29 AM
You know, I got this game 2 days ago, and have been playing it non-stop and I am pleasantly surprised. I was worried that the cpu just depended on rubberband logic to win races and the user as well ala motorstorm 2. But, it is pretty clear that it isn't the case for this game. If you learn the tracks and do well , you have a great chance to win races!! What a novel idea

I've tried from green races ( cpu crashes more and don't take many shortcuts) to red races ( cpu is near perfect and takes most shortcuts).....

It's really really tough to win those red races but when the cpu wins it doesn't feel cheap at all, it's just they're that much better and you have to race near perfect as well which the user will after lots of practice.

I think the level of difficulty is good for this game......I can see playing this game for months and months especially with the DLC coming up

# 12 baumy300 @ 12/23/08 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Yeah, the rubber band effect is no longer an issue. I have gotten some pretty monstrous leads before and held them until my own poor driving allowed the AI to catch up.

# 13 jms493 @ 12/23/08 05:22 PM
are you guys on the 360 or PS3???

# 14 phillyfan23 @ 12/23/08 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
are you guys on the 360 or PS3???

on the 360

# 15 jms493 @ 12/24/08 11:22 AM
i will have to pop it in again and see if I get a update prompt

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.