Home
Madden 09 News Post

ESPN has just posted an article on Madden Challenge 2009, where they crown the world's best Madden player.

Quote:
"Take the strategy of chess, the all-in attitude of World Series of Poker, and the trash talk of Rucker Park and you have all the ingredients of the Madden Challenge, the most competitive and in-your-face video game tournament on the planet.

These are the elite of the elite Madden gamers. The guys who find the glitches that change the game within hours of it shipping to stores. The guys who found the bug in the Tampa offense where you can directly snap it to a receiver out wide and run down the field before anyone knows what happened. The guys who found the way to block every field goal by moving the defensive linemen around in a certain order that allows one of them to shoot free to swat the rock. The guys who figured out that this year's game was all about two plays: The fullback dive and the curl route."

Cheese or chess?

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The GIGGAS @ 01/22/09 05:44 PM
There's a question?

The 2nd paragraph is the definition of cheese.

# 2 tyler289 @ 01/22/09 05:49 PM
That 2nd paragraph makes me want to vomit. I love how they PROMOTE that sort of play.

The winner of this tournament should just get a crown that says LOSER at the top of it.

# 3 Jet Sufferer @ 01/22/09 06:02 PM
I think we all know the answer is "cheese".

The "crown" should be one of those cheeseheads.

# 4 HealyMonster @ 01/22/09 07:00 PM
In all seriousness, I dont see how EA can keep employees at this point. If I spend a year or years making a game, specifically an NFL game and I turn around and read this article, im prob going to move on to a more fulfilling life. THEN throw in the fact that EA pays these guys 50 grand and Im out seriously.

My other point of view is that EA should be ashamed of themselves for letting Madden get to where it is. They are better off stripping the game of NFL content and calling it Tournament Football 2010 and let the cheesers have their game without the satisfaction of the NFL License. seriously does the NFL license really even mean anything? Positions dont matter, teams dont matter. "I sub in the FB with a HB and run FB dive over and over" Then I collect 50 grand" "I got mad skills" Id rather complain in the forums about there not being ANY NFL games then to watch the NFL get tarnished like this.

This is a sad, sad day for any football videogamer. This is what we have. Its like living in the twilight zone

# 5 jvaccaro @ 01/22/09 07:13 PM
it is disgraceful that EA and ESPN promote this type of garbage... absolute garbage.

the saddest part is that madden has nothing to do with football right now.

# 6 Sausage @ 01/22/09 09:15 PM
Ian and company should smack somebody asap. We can't have this trash next year. Wow I can't believe real NFL players can stay and promote this turd of an event. I am embarrased for these dudes, even if they are cashing in on the games glitches.

# 7 JMD @ 01/23/09 08:50 AM
"These are the elite of the elite Madden gamers. The guys who find the glitches that change the game within hours of it shipping to stores. The guys who found the bug in the Tampa offense where you can directly snap it to a receiver out wide and run down the field before anyone knows what happened. The guys who found the way to block every field goal by moving the defensive linemen around in a certain order that allows one of them to shoot free to swat the rock. The guys who figured out that this year's game was all about two plays: The fullback dive and the curl route."

That right there is everything that is wrong with Madden online and why Madden Nation is a joke. If that type of play is what it takes to be an "Elite (LMAO) Madden Gamer" I want no part of it. Next year the should rename it Cheese Nation.

"I rely on the running game," Captain says. "If I need to pass, I'll pass, but I don't think anyone can stop my run. I run Twin Tight End with Marion Barber as my fullback and Felix Jones as my halfback. I run my tight end in motion, then I lead block with him and try to crush block for a big hole after I pitch the ball to Jones. Then I switch to the fullback dive and try to do the same thing by pounding it with Barber. You add a pass out of that same formation and it's pretty unstoppable.
"The Cowboys are just unstoppable overall. I hate the Cowboys in real life, but they have everything you need in the game. They have the big defenders who can stop the rocket catch and knock the ball loose, and for your offense you have a mobile quarterback, Terrell Owens who is one of the best receivers in the game, Witten who is just a beast, and Martellus Bennett who is just like a glitch in the game because when you use him for a rocket catch, that guy can jump out of the world."

Spoken like a true cheeser, makes me sick. the very reason why I refuse to play people who use the cowboys on line. Most overrated team in the history of video game football.

I was going to go pre- order Madden 2010 today but this article has opened my eys a bit. If EA has no problem with , and actually promotes this type of gameplay, that right there tells me Madden 2010 may be a game I will not want to play.

# 8 oChaos_Nine @ 01/23/09 10:17 AM
Ian, I hope you read this.

# 9 seriousluboy83 @ 01/23/09 11:07 AM
PURE GARBAGE......ONE THING IM HAPPY OF THO PPL ARE FINALLY NOTICING ON HOW HORRIBLE MADDEN GAMEPLAY IS....CHEESER HAVE SPREAD LIKE BUTTER ALL ACROSS THE NATION AND EA GLADLY APPROVES.......CLEAN UP ON AISLE COMMON SENSE

# 10 seriousluboy83 @ 01/23/09 11:11 AM
OH YEA IAN PROLLY WONT MAKE HIS WAY OVER TO THIS.....TO BUSY FINDING NEW WAYS TO PUT A HOLE IN OUR POCKETS

# 11 Sundropjunkie @ 01/23/09 11:15 AM
Wow i cant believe people play madden like that! To me playing madden like that would be boring very boring. imo heck and i don't even have madden 09 yet. But i will and i can PROMISE that i won't be doing none of that GARBAGE!

# 12 thudias @ 01/23/09 11:19 AM
Yuck..I can't stand this.

# 13 HealyMonster @ 01/23/09 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
"These are the elite of the elite Madden gamers. The guys who find the glitches that change the game within hours of it shipping to stores. The guys who found the bug in the Tampa offense where you can directly snap it to a receiver out wide and run down the field before anyone knows what happened. The guys who found the way to block every field goal by moving the defensive linemen around in a certain order that allows one of them to shoot free to swat the rock. The guys who figured out that this year's game was all about two plays: The fullback dive and the curl route."

That right there is everything that is wrong with Madden online and why Madden Nation is a joke. If that type of play is what it takes to be an "Elite (LMAO) Madden Gamer" I want no part of it. Next year the should rename it Cheese Nation.

"I rely on the running game," Captain says. "If I need to pass, I'll pass, but I don't think anyone can stop my run. I run Twin Tight End with Marion Barber as my fullback and Felix Jones as my halfback. I run my tight end in motion, then I lead block with him and try to crush block for a big hole after I pitch the ball to Jones. Then I switch to the fullback dive and try to do the same thing by pounding it with Barber. You add a pass out of that same formation and it's pretty unstoppable.
"The Cowboys are just unstoppable overall. I hate the Cowboys in real life, but they have everything you need in the game. They have the big defenders who can stop the rocket catch and knock the ball loose, and for your offense you have a mobile quarterback, Terrell Owens who is one of the best receivers in the game, Witten who is just a beast, and Martellus Bennett who is just like a glitch in the game because when you use him for a rocket catch, that guy can jump out of the world."

Spoken like a true cheeser, makes me sick. the very reason why I refuse to play people who use the cowboys on line. Most overrated team in the history of video game football.

I was going to go pre- order Madden 2010 today but this article has opened my eys a bit. If EA has no problem with , and actually promotes this type of gameplay, that right there tells me Madden 2010 may be a game I will not want to play.
not only does EA not have a problem with it. not only do they promote it, they pay these people massive amounts of Money. which is ridiculous. Take madden out of the equation and it gets really sickening. There are people laid off, hurting badly and these idiots are getting 25K gift cards to best buy to put a plasma in every room. They get this for playing madden, and admiteddly cheating at Madden. its not talent, its not skill, its essentially cheating and whatever moron makes a mistake 1st loses and the other guy gets paid. I am ashamed that i am in the same breed and same country as these people man. I served in the army for 8 years and went to school and work my *** off and I have to look at this crap, I cant even play a decent NFL videogame. the heck with this crap, I need a break cause Im about to go slap the crap out of the next kid I see with an NFL jersey on and a sideways hat.

# 14 LL-Cool-P @ 01/23/09 12:44 PM
You gotta remember that we (sim players) are the minority.

And $50,000 for playing video games is ridiculous.

# 15 Sundropjunkie @ 01/23/09 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-P

Amen!

# 16 matt8204 @ 01/23/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-P

Hey, EA and Best Buy lay out the cash and prizes. Blame them, not the players. If you look at it, it's probably well worth it for them with all the publicity they get for sponsoring this tournament.

That said, it is a shame that someone is walking away with so much by exploiting bugs and glitches that can't be stopped 99 times out of 100. Thankfully, I think it's an all-or-nothing type tournament. If you're not the last man standing, I don't think you win anything. We can take some solace in that.

# 17 -DaVe- @ 01/23/09 10:03 PM
I find it interesting that IAN has yet to reply in this thread.
But anywho ,it should be a crime to get paid 25,000 for cheating . That's what these clowns are doing . THEY ARE CHEATING. How come EA doesn't see that?
Sickens me that the Superbowl is coming up and there's no good current NFL Game to play...
Thank God for All-Pro Football though. :-)

# 18 representative @ 01/23/09 10:18 PM
Andddd this is why i refuse to play online...

# 19 kcarr @ 01/24/09 01:23 AM
I just find it amazing that EA can get so much positive publicity over the bugs in their progamming and nothing negative coming from it. I need to find a way to set up a deal like this with my computer science professors, it would remove any need to debug my projects.

# 20 Tyrant8RDFL @ 01/24/09 04:12 AM
Very sad

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.