Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Want to see how detailed your favorite stadiums are in Major League Baseball 2K9? Compare for yourself and let us know what they got right and what still needs a little tweaking. Unfortunately, the screenshots aren't in any specific order, so you'll just have to peck around.

Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SPTO @ 02/15/09 09:17 AM
The Roger Centre looks damn near perfect! Yeah the OF walls look a bit too bright and the upper deck window paneling is a bit off but that's minor compared to how crappy the Dome has looked in every baseball game since they've put in the field turf. This is the first time that the turf actually "gasp" looks like the stuff they actually play on and not something resembling astroturf.

# 62 Senor_Herbatron @ 02/15/09 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellz666
This thread made me really glad to be getting The Show 09
Ditto.

Although when it drops in price I definitely think I'll give this a try.

# 63 HealyMonster @ 02/15/09 12:58 PM
the ads, the player pictures, etc this all points to lack of creativity and attention to detail, I am going to go out on a limb and say whatever "improvements" were made to this game will be done half way and the only thing missing at this point is for the game to not work properly and need a patch on release day, we have a few weeks to confirm that though.

# 64 lnin0 @ 02/15/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
the ads, the player pictures, etc this all points to lack of creativity and attention to detail, I am going to go out on a limb and say whatever "improvements" were made to this game will be done half way and the only thing missing at this point is for the game to not work properly and need a patch on release day, we have a few weeks to confirm that though.
My limb says it is just the opposite. Attention to detail is from a lack of time and being too ambitious and too creative. It is far easier to pay attention to all the little details when you are complacent with the gameplay.

For example, if you don't make any creative changes to your control scheme and are content to keep that same scheme from 1980 you would have less people working to develop/balance controls and more to make sure all the guys are wearing the correct hat in their player picture.

# 65 Blzer @ 02/15/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
How does your limb explain the gross lack of attention to detail in (the vast majority of) parks that looked better in 2K8?
No park looked better, and in my book, his limb is the answer why. You can pretty something up all that you want, but if the proportions aren't correct, then who gives a flying fish? I have a problem with 2K8's stadium models just like I have a problem with The Show's player models.

# 66 lnin0 @ 02/15/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
How does your limb explain the gross lack of attention to detail in (the vast majority of) parks that looked better in 2K8?
Ummm....I guess it wasn't so much my limb talking as it was my ***

....Go Pepsi!

# 67 flangoid @ 02/16/09 12:18 AM
First let me say that I'm impressed that 2K/VC has looked into the stadiums this year. As a self proclaimed graphics ho and stadium lover, I'll admit that the average at best, brutal at worst approach to stadium accuracy was really bringing me down. I'm most familiar with the Rogers Centre and it's been one of the worst for years. This year I see some dramatic improvements.

If 2K/VC is looking for perfection, then I'll nitpic.

Rogers Centre is concentric, too a flaw. It is a mirror image of itself if you draw a line from home plate to straight away center. Anything I show here on the left field side... just draw a mirror image of it for the right field side.

I see 5 things in particular:

1) The Bullpen Seats
Screenshots 321 & 322 show the Relievers sitting on chairs in front of the outfield wall screened sections. In reality, they sit elevated above the wall

2) The facade colour
2K/VC has got the 200/400/500 Level concrete facades, all painted blue. That is not the case. They are unpainted concrete. Same with the windows around the hotel rooms above the 500 Level, which are actually white. There is an animated video scoreboard which runs the vast majority of the way around the stadium of the 300 Level. I can't say for certain whether or not this is in 2K9, but let's assume it is as.

3) The Level of Excellence
Although the Blue Jays have never retired a players number, they have chosen to honour 10 individuals on the ring above the 500 Level seats.

4) In the Action Seats
2K/VC has done a good job of adding the "In the Action" seats behind home plate. They are correctly shown as red, compared to every other seat in the house, which are blue. Screenshot 322 has a great view of the ones down the first base line and they can also be seen in 320. However (in keeping with the concentric theme) these should also be along the third base line and I do not see this shown in Screenshot 320.

5) Want more advertising?
Screenshot 321 correctly shows a Pepsi sign just above the outfield wall with the foul poll running right through it. The identical thing should be happening along the right field line but there is no Pepsi sign there.

Screenshot 322

Screenshot 321

Screenshot 320

Actual (double click on the photo, to see an enlarged and legible view)

Like I said, I'm a perfectionist and you did ask.

# 68 go_pens2000 @ 02/16/09 02:51 AM
I am a pirates fan and from what i have seen from 2ks PNC Park this year it is nearly perfect, the best make of the stadium i have seen in any game since 2001...the only thing at the moment from the screens i really see missing is between the upper and lower decks there are retired numbers of Pirates and instead 2k put in a bunch of ads, but i'll take that over a bad stadium any day

i am glad pepsi is a sponser this year just because they can put in pepsi bottle at PNC Park in RF finally

i'll wait till March 3rd to be able to have a real look at the stadium, 2k8 was pretty bad there are to many flaws to name them

and to Pirate..i wish that you could mod stadiums for the 2k games cause i have used your stadiums for MVP 2005 and they are great, if you could somehow do that for 2k games it would make the game that much better

# 69 harveybear @ 02/16/09 05:33 AM
some good screenshots here

# 70 willfred @ 02/16/09 09:47 AM
Looking at the screenshots for Comerica Park, I think the big thing missing is the people watching from the outfield concorse area. This is a big part of the atmosphere at Comerica.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.