Home
Madden 2010 News Post

EA has just posted another Madden NFL 10 blog. This one talks about creating "next-gen" quarterback play.

Quote:
"Two days ago we added a new blog detailing the addition of a lot of new sliders and options to Madden NFL 10. This was met with a seemingly luke-warm reaction by some, as most were expecting a much more juicy feature or more in-depth gameplay information. So after talking with our marketing partners, we were able to all agree that we could release one feature that we are really excited about to try and appease those that may have been upset with the customization blog post.

What is the new feature?
Madden NFL 06 debuted one of the most controversial features in the history of the Franchise – QB Vision (aka the Vision Cone). The concept of this feature was simple: in video-game terms, replicate the vision of a real life QB and force/encourage the gamer to go through real-life progressions that a QB would do. You could use the cone to “look off” safeties, or follow different receivers as they ran their routes and made cut moves. If you threw to a receiver that wasn’t in your field of vision, you would expect a much more inaccurate pass. Better QB’s had much wider vision cones, emulating the concept that they have a better inherent knowledge of where all their WR’s are at all times."

* April Fool's (plus some real info)

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 RGiles36 @ 04/01/09 03:58 PM
For those that still believe this blog is no joke, look no further than the below quote from OMT (Producer of NCAA 10). It's dripping with sarcasm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm currently working on the Mascot Mode 2.0 blog as we speak...
That was in response to someone asking if NCAA would also move to having two blogs a week.

# 122 HealyMonster @ 04/01/09 04:03 PM
wow, if you read that blog and thought it was real, im sorry, i dont even know what to say to you. april fools day it is guys LOL

# 123 burne @ 04/01/09 04:05 PM
LOL on the one hand I love this blog because it's hilarious. On the other hand I'm kind of sad, because I'm pretty sure this means there is no new Monday/Wednesday blog schedule.

# 124 Golden28 @ 04/01/09 04:12 PM
Ian has created a monster! Only question is, when's it gonna' stop?

C'mon Ian, be a man and get on here and fess' up!

# 125 callmetaternuts @ 04/01/09 04:20 PM
Another clue its probably a joke.....Pastapadre hasnt posted this blog yet.

# 126 Hotlanta @ 04/01/09 04:25 PM

This is why I love April 1st

To see this after every other blog made my day. Like someone else mentioned, was there ever a 2.0?

You know if this was a real we would see a mention of it being posted on Ian's twitter.

# 127 CapnKill @ 04/01/09 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Another clue its probably a joke.....Pastapadre hasnt posted this blog yet.
Obviously this is a joke... and your avatar is way to big...

# 128 CreatineKasey @ 04/01/09 04:27 PM
I can't believe people are even debating if this is real LOL! That in itself makes me laugh.

# 129 SouthernBrick @ 04/01/09 04:34 PM
Thought it was real until after I read these posts...

# 130 kehlis @ 04/01/09 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Obviously this is a joke... and your avatar is way to big...
a mod gave it to him, it isn't his normal one.

# 131 eaglesfan27 @ 04/01/09 04:36 PM
Bill Abner's site posted about this blog and from the tone of his post, I don't believe he thought it was a joke.

# 132 CapnKill @ 04/01/09 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
a mod gave it to him, it isn't his normal one.
Ah ok, never mind.

# 133 splff3000 @ 04/01/09 05:05 PM
It's fake guys....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-few-you.html

April Fools lol

BTW - There is a new "real" blog underneath the fake one now.

# 134 allstar3970 @ 04/01/09 05:09 PM
I love how everybody kept saying "IF" it's real just in case after acknowledging the april fool's aspect LOL

# 135 jWILL253 @ 04/01/09 05:15 PM
Everyone who praised this article when it was first posted is a tool. It's April Fool's Day, for God sake!

# 136 rrjr1977 @ 04/01/09 05:21 PM
CREATORS: If you could put a PRE, POST and HALF time show in Madden 10 it will become the best game ever. That is the main reason I loved NFL 2K5. ALSO please have some celebrations by the players and coaches at the end of the Superbowl along with fireworks, Lombardi trophy etc......that way we can feel as if it was the Superbowl and not just a regular season game. THANKS!!!!!!!!

# 137 Atomic Martian @ 04/01/09 05:27 PM
Hate to admit it but he had me going for a little bit

# 138 statum71 @ 04/01/09 09:19 PM
Thank goodness you guys were. kidding. Thats a dumb feature and I'm glad its gone.

Very distracting...plus all those colors just kill the realism.

# 139 edgarallanpoe @ 04/01/09 11:51 PM
I wish EA wouldn't make the colors in the new vision cone transparent. I love the colors and they make me feel pretty but... “A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: "That's the ugliest baby that I've ever seen. Ugh!" The woman goes to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: "The driver just insulted me!" The man says: "You go right up there and tell him off – go ahead, I'll hold your monkey for you." As I said before I really love the colors but It's what's underneath that counts, just like in the case of the monkey!!!

# 140 ocat @ 04/02/09 12:46 AM
Officially announced as an april fools joke:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...real-info.aspx

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.