Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 abravo83 @ 04/14/09 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
That stinks. Oh well I guess I will keep my RTTS player going for a few more weeks. I hate not being able to start my franchise though.
That's the part I'm having trouble with. I've had to revert to old saves about 4 times in June because the game freezes when I "sim to next appearance." Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm seriously tired of every baseball game shipping with these crippling bugs.

# 122 Blzer @ 04/15/09 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizer17
That stinks. Oh well I guess I will keep my RTTS player going for a few more weeks. I hate not being able to start my franchise though.
Same, though I will indeed wait if it means the schedule issues will be resolved. That's really all I'm waiting on personally, though I have yet to even go into franchise to see what other possible annoyances (such as lineups) there are.

I'm also just waiting on Knight's rosters, but I'm guessing those will be out before this patch.

# 123 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 04/15/09 04:35 PM
I just realized the patch announcement was only posted 8 days ago.....LOL

I hope they take there time with it and find all the major bugs before releasing any info

# 124 DrUrsus @ 04/15/09 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
will there be a patch to fix the messed up lineups? Example- Rockies Todd Helton leading off and Brad Hawpe batting 2nd
None of us really know anything except what was posted on the first page which is not detailed. That's it.

I'm trying to be patient, but I am getting tired of waiting for it.

# 125 tgreer @ 04/15/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUrsus
None of us really know anything except what was posted on the first page which is not detailed. That's it.

I'm trying to be patient, but I am getting tired of waiting for it.
I know, being patient myself and its HARD. Really wanting to start my franchise next week. I just want CPU Roster Control On fixed before I start (and we don't even know that it will be) Just wish we could know a roundabout time and roundabout what they are fixing, thats all. Even if they said it will be 2 more weeks at least we would know

# 126 Russell_SCEA @ 04/15/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnreyes
I'm with you guys. I'm really trying to be patient but this is getting frustrating. I would love it if one of the dev guys gave us an update besides "we're working on it".
That is the only update we can give at this time is that we are working on it. We cant give specifics on the patch until its passed the QA process. Once the patch is done we will provide everyone with a time frame for release and a list of what the patch will fix.

# 127 Jayhova @ 04/15/09 07:13 PM
russell any update on glitch. I'm still in year one of my franchise mode and looking to finish up the game?

# 128 SCInternacional @ 04/15/09 08:13 PM
For the love of God FIX THE ONLINE disconnecting in middle of games.

- I only Play 1 person, a friend and know that it is not him disconnecting. We played over 100 games of MLB 08 with ZERO disconnects...so far with 09 we have play 3 complete games and 5 crashes!

- Also post stikeout bat seems to hover on player wrist in online play, swings also look weird in 09, especially when missing the ball. In 08 looked fine.

- If possible add League play online for just 2 players. Im only interested in playing my Baseball rival but the leagues need minimum 6....please make it just for two. That way we dont have to continually play exibitions!

- On a good note thanks for the replay vault online!

# 129 aznpunk @ 04/15/09 08:56 PM
Russell, could the patch include the option of wearing wrist/forearm bands with long selves in edit/create player mode? We were able to have that option in the pervious verisons, but this time we don't have that option anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
That is the only update we can give at this time is that we are working on it. We cant give specifics on the patch until its passed the QA process. Once the patch is done we will provide everyone with a time frame for release and a list of what the patch will fix.

# 130 Tommyklaid @ 04/15/09 11:08 PM
I am so eager to start a franchise...

I don't want to start until I know FOR SURE that the patch isn't going to affect a franchise I already began.

I wish (at the VERY least) they could tell us if the patch won't regard us to START over a franchise...

# 131 tgreer @ 04/16/09 12:51 AM
Thanks for the reply Russell

# 132 tyagi @ 04/16/09 12:52 AM
Would a patch include any content such as completing player pictures? Having some players without "official" pictures in the lineup does spoil the game's presentation.

# 133 DrUrsus @ 04/16/09 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Thanks for the reply, that's totally understandable.

Russell_SCEA,

Please just make sure you guys fix the CPU roster control ON feature (so lineups don't get moved at all when it is ON) if you can. That is almost a game killer to a lot of us that use it like Jim and me. Thanks.

# 134 raidx @ 04/16/09 02:36 AM
Also, can we please be allowed to edit a player's potential?

Thanks

# 135 mayers9111 @ 04/16/09 06:59 AM
PLEASE FIX THE LIGHTING .

The sun is layer too early. ( 30 minutes too early)
Fix the shedule
PLEASE fix the case of the rangers ( is ugly)

The show ( any all sports games)
------------------------------------------------------
SONY Why do not make a game of hockey (nhl show)
easports would overwritten

# 136 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/16/09 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
It does, but this thread is turning into a "fix this, fix that" thread when SCEA already has a list of things that they are fixing. That's why the thread was posted, to announce they are doing the patch, not what people want in it. That's already known.
On top of that thought what is going to be fixed I am sure has already been prioritized and worked on. What is going to be in the patch is already there. For us to ask for this and that is not going to help because I am sure they are way past that stage. What is in is in!

My guess is the patch is in final stages or being QA tested.

# 137 malachijohn666 @ 04/16/09 03:47 PM
I was just wondering on an ETA for this patch? Sorry if this has been asked but I don't wanna read 18 pages of "fix this please".

# 138 spitoon @ 04/16/09 03:51 PM
They haven't mentioned anything about a date yet.

# 139 Ruffy @ 04/16/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachijohn666
I was just wondering on an ETA for this patch? Sorry if this has been asked but I don't wanna read 18 pages of "fix this please".
This has been the theme of OS lately.....please tell me.

Maybe I just read fast but always most of your answers can be found with the very first post in threads like this.....

Poor Russell must be pulling out is hair reading this thread with a fix this fix that....you guys sound like pissed off housewives!

# 140 mjh91 @ 04/16/09 04:18 PM
You can't rush this, if you want them to actually fix the game. Give it time, and it'll be here before you know it. Just let them do their job.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.