Home
News Post

PS3 Only

On behalf of the entire MLB The Show development team we would like to take this time to first thank everyone for playing MLB 09 and being so patient with us as we work through some of the issues the community has experienced. We are very aware of these problems and we would like to announce that we are indeed working on a patch to fix the most glaring offline and online bugs and glitches you have encountered in this years game. When the patch is ready for deployment we will give an update with the contents of the patch. In meantime, we have found a work around for one of the most glaring bugs, the Road to the Show crash. If you skip all training sessions (batting and base running) during the month of September you should be fine. We know this is not ideal, however until the patch is ready for public release this will allow you to continue playing your RTTS save files (if the save file is before entering a training session). We take these issues and concerns very seriously and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Once again, thank you for your time and your patience. We will update the community as soon as the patch release date is set.

MLB The Show Development Team

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 snakesden @ 04/16/09 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh91
You can't rush this, if you want them to actually fix the game. Give it time, and it'll be here before you know it. Just let them do their job.
They should have tested it and fixed it before they released it. Most testers very rarely go thru franchise or take a player thru RTTS that falls on the developer for not testing enough. Get the game out and take in the money. More and more devs work this way. Then once in awhile you'll see a dev that takes the time and does it right KILLZONE 2 is a perfect example.

# 142 snakesden @ 04/16/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnreyes
Yeah they can rush the game but not the patch.
I agree they can't rush the patch, but there are a lot of problems with the game that should have never gotten thru the QA control department. Let's hope that the patch goes thru a different QA than the game did.

# 143 skeem @ 04/17/09 02:22 AM
Every game has bugs guys, I know it's frustrating. I have high hopes that the patch will address most of the issues that affect the game. Patience.

# 144 rudyjuly2 @ 04/17/09 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdurg
That's not really up to them. Sony sets the release date and SCEA has to pretty much abide by that. Sony also funds the testing of the game since SCEA is an in-house publisher. So if you really want to pass blame onto folks, blame corporate Sony and not the devs of the game.
That's a complete cop out. While many games have bugs, those bugs do fall squarely on the shoulders of the devs. If anyone had even played a few games with an AL team, you could have seen that the DH fatigue is lousy. It's a great game but there are certainly bugs in this game that should have been caught and caught easily imo. Nobody is perfect but that doesn't mean you give the dev team a free pass.

EA's NCAA and Madden team were called out (and rightfully so) for the bugs in last year's games. I didn't see anyone saying its all Peter Moore's fault and the poor, overworked EA dev team doesn't deserve any criticism.

# 145 EWRMETS @ 04/17/09 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's a complete cop out. While many games have bugs, those bugs do fall squarely on the shoulders of the devs. If anyone had even played a few games with an AL team, you could have seen that the DH fatigue is lousy. It's a great game but there are certainly bugs in this game that should have been caught and caught easily imo. Nobody is perfect but that doesn't mean you give the dev team a free pass.

EA's NCAA and Madden team were called out (and rightfully so) for the bugs in last year's games. I didn't see anyone saying its all Peter Moore's fault and the poor, overworked EA dev team doesn't deserve any criticism.
What's the problem with DH fatigue? You sure you know if guys who DH don't get tired? It seems like healthy DH's miss as many games as healthy position players so I don't see a problem.

# 146 rudyjuly2 @ 04/17/09 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
What's the problem with DH fatigue? You sure you know if guys who DH don't get tired? It seems like healthy DH's miss as many games as healthy position players so I don't see a problem.
DH's DO get tired. That's the problem and a DH shouldn't miss as many games as a healthy position player. A full time DH really doesn't need any rest in real life. But after three games with the Tigers in the Show, Sheffield was the most fatigued player on my team. No way a full time DH should be the most tired player on a team no matter how old the guy is. The fatigue model acts as though Sheffield is playing the OF full time. Don't see how that can't be considered a problem.

I should also add that it has never been a problem before. I don't know why they changed it.

(BTW, I'm playing with the just the Reds right now and was playing with the Tigers a long time ago when Sheffield was still on the team).

# 147 kt-od @ 04/17/09 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
DH's DO get tired. That's the problem and a DH shouldn't miss as many games as a healthy position player. A full time DH really doesn't need any rest in real life. But after three games with the Tigers in the Show, Sheffield was the most fatigued player on my team. No way a full time DH should be the most tired player on a team no matter how old the guy is. The fatigue model acts as though Sheffield is playing the OF full time. Don't see how that can't be considered a problem.

I should also add that it has never been a problem before. I don't know why they changed it.

(This was an early season and I'm playing with the just the Reds right now).
IDK rudy, isn't Sheffield like 50 now? I'm surprised he can still wave hit bat...........j/k

# 148 rudyjuly2 @ 04/17/09 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
IDK rudy, isn't Sheffield like 50 now? I'm surprised he can still wave hit bat...........j/k
54 actually but still getting paid $14 million! Ugh. What a waste of money for the Tigers this year. Not to mention Willis and Bonderman are both making $10 million or more and on the DL. Robertson's $7-$8 million is in the bullpen as well.

That's why I quit playing that Tiger season after 6 games. I just knew the old rosters would be inadequate. I might fire up a new season soon but I'm having fun with the Reds. Their roster might be bad but ignorance is bliss! I've won 8 of 10 and am now 18-20! Should I be happy with that? I'm terrible at home for some reason.

# 149 countryboy @ 04/17/09 10:14 AM
whats the DL bug? I'm at the All-Star break and haven't had any issues with the DL. I know I should probably remain ignorant to the issue, but its peaked my curiousity as to what this bug is.

# 150 rudyjuly2 @ 04/17/09 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
whats the DL bug? I'm at the All-Star break and haven't had any issues with the DL. I know I should probably remain ignorant to the issue, but its peaked my curiousity as to what this bug is.
I've heard other people mention it too but am not sure I want to know the problem either. I've got both my second basement out with minor injuries (1-6 days) and was wondering whether I should throw my backup on the DL.

# 151 countryboy @ 04/17/09 11:11 AM
Quote:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the DL bug occurs when you place a player on the DL, be it 15 or 60, you wouldn't be able to call up another player to replace that spot.
thats false. I've had plenty of guys go on the DL and was able to call up players and replace them. Right now Jarrett Hoffpauir is in the majors because Schumaker is on the 15 day with a hamstring injury.

# 152 countryboy @ 04/17/09 11:17 AM
Quote:
I've seen other guys say that they've encountered that bug as well so I don't know what to tell you.
They've not been able to move guys from AAA to the majors to replace an injured player? Or from AA to AAA?

The only issue I've seen that people, including myself, have mentioned is that you can't sign a FA to replace an injured player. But thats not a bug/glitch, thats just how SCEA has the rosters set up. They need to add blank roster spots for such occasions.

# 153 fistofrage @ 04/17/09 11:20 AM
I've got a question...

The new rosters have Ichiro in the minors. If I play a Tiger franchise, will the Mariners put him back in the majors?

# 154 Knight165 @ 04/17/09 11:24 AM
You cannot SIGN a new player to replace someone on the roster....either for the 15 or 60 day DL.
Get 4 or 5 guys(especially pitchers of the starting type)...and you or the CPU are in a bit of trouble.

You should be able to sign someone of the FA list....and then make a choice on who to drop when the guy is ready to come off.

I offered a suggestion to SCEA that would simply take the idea of the 15 player inactive list you have during SEASON play(the games season play) and simply adding that to your franchise. So you would have your MLB-AAA-AA levels...and another 15 slots(that don't play games, but the game could generate some fake minor league stats for them) that you(and each team) could have some extra players to fill in ...just for such occasions.
This would also allow the CPU to better handle 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 trades...as they just don't happen now because the CPU(and you) are bound to keep roster integrity(25 guys at each level)....in this way...the 15 man inactive list could serve as a place holder for players until you decide on what to do with them. This would also work for waivers(and allow the 3 day process..) where you would put the player in the 15 player slot...other teams get to "look" at him for the 3 days(you have already made the MLB move) and then he is either gone or you get to place him in AAA or AA.

Just some thoughts...

M.K.
Knight165

# 155 countryboy @ 04/17/09 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You cannot SIGN a new player to replace someone on the roster....either for the 15 or 60 day DL.
Get 4 or 5 guys(especially pitchers of the starting type)...and you or the CPU are in a bit of trouble.

You should be able to sign someone of the FA list....and then make a choice on who to drop when the guy is ready to come off.

I offered a suggestion to SCEA that would simply take the idea of the 15 player inactive list you have during SEASON play(the games season play) and simply adding that to your franchise. So you would have your MLB-AAA-AA levels...and another 15 slots(that don't play games, but the game could generate some fake minor league stats for them) that you(and each team) could have some extra players to fill in ...just for such occasions.
This would also allow the CPU to better handle 2 for 1 and 3 for 1 trades...as they just don't happen now because the CPU(and you) are bound to keep roster integrity(25 guys at each level)....in this way...the 15 man inactive list could serve as a place holder for players until you decide on what to do with them. This would also work for waivers(and allow the 3 day process..) where you would put the player in the 15 player slot...other teams get to "look" at him for the 3 days(you have already made the MLB move) and then he is either gone or you get to place him in AAA or AA.

Just some thoughts...

M.K.
Knight165
My thoughts exactly. I'd like to see them use this to allow you to have unbalanced trades(2 for 1, 3 for 1, 3 for 2, etc..etc..)

# 156 Jeru3131 @ 04/17/09 11:35 AM
The dh thing really bothers me too. It seems that the fatigue depends on your main position. I had a CAP as my dh. His main pos. was catcher. He fatigued as if he was catching. I changed his pos. to RF and kept him at dh and he fatigued less.

# 157 astronut @ 04/17/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I've got a question...

The new rosters have Ichiro in the minors. If I play a Tiger franchise, will the Mariners put him back in the majors?
I would also like to know this

# 158 brunnoce @ 04/17/09 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
My thoughts exactly. I'd like to see them use this to allow you to have unbalanced trades(2 for 1, 3 for 1, 3 for 2, etc..etc..)
adding cash to the trades would be also really nice..it would spice things up

# 159 brunnoce @ 04/17/09 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Personally, I don't want them to add one more thing to this game until they fix all the existing bugs. We keep wanting more and more and more and wonder why games get released with bugs in them.
well i didnt mean like a trade off: "add this and dont fix that"

offcourse i want evrything fixed before they come up with new features.

# 160 Yankee5752 @ 04/17/09 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Just some thoughts...

M.K.
Knight165
MLB Front Office Manager has a feature similar to this. The game allows extended roster space for all minor league levels year round in addition to the extended roster space provided during September and spring training for the major league team. the way it works, if a AAA team's max active roster is 24, there is an extra 10 spaces for players on the extended roster who must be swapped with players on the active roster in order to be eligible to play in games. this really helps simulate the concept of major league players signing minor league deals, not making the team, and then not reporting to there AAA club and simply waiting until the big club needs him or the are released/their contract runs out. for live rosters it could be used to simulate the DL.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.