Home
Madden 2010 News Post

We're having some export problems today - the ball keeps showing up rotated 90 degrees in the guys hands. In the meantime, I can show one run style that was slightly adjusted by Simon...this one is still in progress but I figured people would like to see it and give feedback.

Thoughts?

Also to compare, I uploaded the sprinter style (that no one seems to like)...this is the 09 version so hopefully I'll have a comparison video of the new one soon once we sort out Simon's export problems.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 JB0B0 @ 05/04/09 12:34 AM
can we get a video of a receiver or running back, with the new running animation? its a little hard to judge with a tight end

# 162 Valdarez @ 05/04/09 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
can we get a video of a receiver or running back, with the new running animation? its a little hard to judge with a tight end
I'm sure Ian will post it when it's complete. The one he posted was a work on progress. They are still tuning it.

# 163 R9NALD9 @ 05/04/09 10:10 AM
so far I'm very pleased with the new running animation. Looks waaay more realistic. If this years madden dissapoints, I'll **** myself, there is more than enough reason to get excited, hopefully everything won't go pear shaped before August.

# 164 CreatineKasey @ 05/04/09 10:28 AM
The "Cartooning" has a night and day difference. As others have mentioned, having that completely perfect sprint form should only be seen in the open field on a breakaway or pursuing the breakaway. When in traffic people aren't running at full sprint speed in one direction. They are under control and ready to change directions. Also, take in account that the players are probably not at 100% stamina so their form may suffer some when running.

# 165 Valdarez @ 05/04/09 11:45 PM
Ian, how close are you to having the running animations tuned for another show and tell?

# 166 bogart69 @ 05/05/09 12:45 PM
I think it is a big improvement.. But I also agree that the he looks to be laboring a little too much.. But very realistic..

# 167 ridemooses @ 05/05/09 03:24 PM
Yeah I really like the new animation, it does look like he is laboring down the field. It also looks like he has a SPINE, in the 09 version he is running with his back in almost perfect posture. Cool, hopefully this will change with player type, weight, height and muscle mass. Awesome work so far!

# 168 DearbornDolfan @ 05/05/09 03:43 PM
Both animations look decent from the front, but I want to see a back view before I'm convinced the player has an actual relation to gravity and turf. Also, those legs need to be moving a hell of a lot faster, he appears to be jogging along preparing for a sharp cut and not in the middle of a break away sprint.

# 169 davjaffe @ 05/05/09 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avii
Hi Ian,

Taking Pro Evolution Soccer 6 as example, why are there not different running styles which are selectable (on the create-a-player or edit-player modes)? Chris Johnson, for example, does not run in the same way as Adrain Peterson or DeSean Jackson. In fact, none of these guys run the same.

In fact, there are many general ideas that go a long way towards what we all want from Madden, which is CUSTOMIZATION, that you can glance upon in the Create A Player mode of Pro Evolution Soccer 6.
I agree!

I think it would be great to give stars and notable players a "signature" running style, and the rest of the league could then be assigned from one of a few (maybe up to 3 each for small, medium, and big guys) other generic styles. I think this would add a lot to the "immersion effect" that the development team is going for.

But short of getting those players (or some highly skilled imitators) actually come in and put on the mo-cap suit, it seems like it would be hard to really replicate them. It's great that we're going to get "signature" QB styles this year. But comparatively, clutching and throwing the ball is a more discrete event that lends itself to re-creation within the game. Running is much more fluid and hard to pin down, especially when you factor in things like jukes, escapes, and the current break-away system.

Nevertheless, that would be an awesome addition. I hope this suggestion is something that is already being discussed in-house for the future.

# 170 JB0B0 @ 05/05/09 06:19 PM
yeah the new ones better, but it would still be great to see a runningback or a reciever running. but that does look a LOT better than the original...

# 171 hayvis @ 05/05/09 06:43 PM
Does look a bit better, but head bobbing is still there; it looks like the player is running on a hard surface and not turf. Has the interaction between the player and the turf been considered?

# 172 bogart69 @ 05/06/09 11:03 AM
Lol.. I love the new animation but I just timed it and hes running around a 6+ 40... I know you can adjust the speeds but I hope this isnt the default..

# 173 RGiles36 @ 05/06/09 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart69
Lol.. I love the new animation but I just timed it and hes running around a 6+ 40... I know you can adjust the speeds but I hope this isnt the default..
I don't believe it's the sprinting animation, just a generic run which would tend to be a bit slower...

# 174 bogart69 @ 05/06/09 01:36 PM
Yeah that's what I was figuring.. My reply was pretty much in response to others saying how it looked too slow.. So now we know it is.. I love teh fact that you will be allowed to change the game speed.

I will try to tweak the real players 40 times to the match the games speed accurately to see how much it changes the experience from past versions of Madden.

# 175 jbooc13 @ 05/06/09 04:20 PM
Players running the ball should run slower when finding hole to run through and run faster when they break for big yards.Usually when they see a defender they protct the ball and either SLOW DOWN and juke or if fast enough just run right by them.Heres a vid of Chris Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7JQ5P0Es8

See how he waits for holes to open before he go to FULL acceleration

# 176 TitansCJ#28 @ 05/07/09 03:49 PM
Eh, it could be better....like for example, there is sprinter form, and regular form...i think that if each player at there position had there own unique style of running, well that would make it better...if E.A attempts that along with changing the way the ball carriers break tackles then madden 2010 wont be a joke. there shouldn't be any reason why a running back who is meant for SPEED ends up running over a linebacker like Ray Lewis. madden needs to fix that.

# 177 Smoke316 @ 05/07/09 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJ#28
Eh, it could be better....like for example, there is sprinter form, and regular form...i think that if each player at there position had there own unique style of running, well that would make it better...if E.A attempts that along with changing the way the ball carriers break tackles then madden 2010 wont be a joke. there shouldn't be any reason why a running back who is meant for SPEED ends up running over a linebacker like Ray Lewis. madden needs to fix that.
I agree, I love CJ but he shouldnt be running over people. Although his streght should be juking and evading the tackler all together. Man i cant wait to use CJ in M10

# 178 Smoke316 @ 05/07/09 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
I agree!

I think it would be great to give stars and notable players a "signature" running style, and the rest of the league could then be assigned from one of a few (maybe up to 3 each for small, medium, and big guys) other generic styles. I think this would add a lot to the "immersion effect" that the development team is going for.

But short of getting those players (or some highly skilled imitators) actually come in and put on the mo-cap suit, it seems like it would be hard to really replicate them. It's great that we're going to get "signature" QB styles this year. But comparatively, clutching and throwing the ball is a more discrete event that lends itself to re-creation within the game. Running is much more fluid and hard to pin down, especially when you factor in things like jukes, escapes, and the current break-away system.

Nevertheless, that would be an awesome addition. I hope this suggestion is something that is already being discussed in-house for the future.
well apparently were getting QB Specific throwing motions, so lets see how that works out.

# 179 apexbronx @ 06/06/09 02:48 PM

Now this is Running

# 180 skudplayr @ 06/06/09 02:50 PM
New animation looks unrealistic but the game improved in so many other ways that I am cool.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.