Home
News Post

Looks like you can get the Fight Night Round 4 demo on May 14th, if you preorder through Gamestation.com.

Quote:
"Its predecessor is the pound-for-pound king of boxing videogames - but now the younger, hungrier Fight Night Round 4 is stepping up to claim its rightful place as the undisputed champ!

Fight Night 4 on PS3 and Xbox delivers a series of deadly combinations to leave the competition lying flat out on the mat. The deft one-two punches of a new gameplay engine and improved fighting physics mean punches now connect in even more spectacular fashion in Fight Night Round 4 for Xbox 360 and PS3, while the presence of some of history's greatest fighters - from a young Mike Tyson to the legendary Mohammed Ali - lets boxing fans pit the greats against each other to find out exactly who is the greatest of all time!

Be one of the first to play the best boxing game around - Preorder Fight Night Round 4 below and you'll get an early-access downloadable demo!"

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Complex @ 05/11/09 07:12 AM
This is excellent news.

# 2 JayBee74 @ 05/11/09 08:11 AM
The second Gamestop I went to gave me the codes after I preordered.
UPDATE:After reading the link how does that preclude codes from sources other than Gamestation?

# 3 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/11/09 09:13 AM
Any rumors of who the demo fighters will be?

# 4 JayBee74 @ 05/11/09 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Any rumors of who the demo fighters will be?
I thought it was set with Pacquiao & Hatton.

# 5 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/11/09 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I thought it was set with Pacquiao & Hatton.
That's the first I've heard of this. Source??

# 6 aholbert32 @ 05/11/09 09:55 AM
Quote:
That's the first I've heard of this. Source??
The gametrailers TV show confirmed that a few weeks ago. Peter Moore said it on his show.

# 7 Writer's Block @ 05/11/09 09:55 AM
Pacquaio and Hatton are revealed as demo fighters by Gamespot's on the spot show a couple of weeks back.

Gamestation are a pretty big retailer over here in the UK - so they're not some ripoff site. Their preorder offer is basically the UK version of whats being offered in USA through Gamestop.

# 8 acts238shaun @ 05/11/09 09:57 AM
Ok, the early demo release was advertised as going through gamestop back in February. I pre-order for that fact. I won't turn into a 12 year old if I'm wrong, but I will be a little disappointed.

# 9 Kashanova @ 05/11/09 09:59 AM
can i go to gamestop and do the preorder? then cancel later?

# 10 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/11/09 09:59 AM
Anyone done this? I wonder if it's legit...

# 11 aholbert32 @ 05/11/09 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashanova
can i go to gamestop and do the preorder? then cancel later?
No. They will only refund your preorder through store credit.

# 12 aholbert32 @ 05/11/09 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Ok, the early demo release was advertised as going through gamestop back in February. I pre-order for that fact. I won't turn into a 12 year old if I'm wrong, but I will be a little disappointed.
Gamestop is doing it for the US. Gamestation is doing it for the UK.

# 13 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/11/09 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Gamestop is doing it for the US. Gamestation is doing it for the UK.
Thanks for the clarification. Both have the same drop date on the demo as well, May 14th?

# 14 aholbert32 @ 05/11/09 10:36 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Both have the same drop date on the demo as well, May 14th?
Dont know the US date.

# 15 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/11/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. So in order to get the demo i gotta preorder and buy the game? I dont know if i want to buy the game, THATS WHAT I WANT TO PLAY THE DEMO FOR!!!!! Why should i have to commit to the game in order to try it out.

Congrats Fight Night, you just lost this customer... i'm off to play my UFC demo which has been out a full month before the actual game came out. And least they know how to treat people.
Relax man. Everyone will get a chance to play the demo. If you preorder it from Gamestop you get it earlier than the general public. If I'm not mistaken, UFC did the same thing.

# 16 aholbert32 @ 05/11/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, UFC did the same thing.
Correct.

# 17 JayBee74 @ 05/11/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. So in order to get the demo i gotta preorder and buy the game? I dont know if i want to buy the game, THATS WHAT I WANT TO PLAY THE DEMO FOR!!!!! Why should i have to commit to the game in order to try it out.

Congrats Fight Night, you just lost this customer... i'm off to play my UFC demo which has been out a full month before the actual game came out. And least they know how to treat people.
Actually a measly $5 will get you a preorder and a demo code. Your worst case scenario is you decide not to get the game and your stuck with $5 store credit. That's my deal on the UFC demo.

# 18 Bronk_Bonin @ 05/11/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The gametrailers TV show confirmed that a few weeks ago. Peter Moore said it on his show.
I completely missed this info. Thanks for the clarification. Is it safe to say it's a full 12 rounds and not some truncated 3 round bout? EA has a history with NCAA & Madden of just giving you a taste sometimes. I hope that's not the case.

# 19 aholbert32 @ 05/11/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
I completely missed this info. Thanks for the clarification. Is it safe to say it's a full 12 rounds and not some truncated 3 round bout? EA has a history with NCAA & Madden of just giving you a taste sometimes. I hope that's not the case.

I think its 3 but I cant remember where I read that.

# 20 TreyIM2 @ 05/11/09 03:39 PM
Ironically, I just walked to a Gamestop last Thurs to ask if they got the pre-order demo codes and they had JUST got them in minutes before I walked in so I pre-ordered it but my confusion, now, is does this mean that the demo will actually playable on May 14 for me, as well? I originally thought the codes would be active for 2 weeks, 2 weeks prior to release so I was expecting demo access mid June not mid May. The Gamestop website say 2 weeks prior to the demo's official release, not the actual game's release and, of course, they don't list the demo's official release. It just says early summer 2009.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.