Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 I Peench @ 05/13/09 05:23 PM
Don't put any stock into what IGN has to say, they are complete mo mo's when it comes to anything sports-related. But yeah, I doubt this game will be very good. I played the heck out of 09 because of OD, but the gameplay was complete and utter garbage. If there is an Online Franchise in Madden, I'll pass on this crap. If not, I'll probably pick it up just for OD again.

# 2 Solidice @ 05/13/09 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
So there's a new game mode which will be unveiled on 6/29.

WTF could it possibly be?
Road to Glory(a.k.a. a renamed Campus Legend mode)

I don't put much on what IGN would say about sport games.

# 3 the onizzle @ 05/13/09 05:34 PM
Nate (the IGN fella) must not have played NCAA 09 very much. He says camera angles are the same as well as game speed remains unchanged. We've already seen a dynamic camera angle on passing plays, as well as confirmation that overall game speed/animations are 10% slower in '10 than '09. This review is rehashed info that took him about 15 mins to type (or copy and paste).

I do like the discussion on setting how aggressive or conservative aspects like blocking or forcing fumbles would be, but that's about the only depth I saw to his writeup.

# 4 stylee @ 05/13/09 05:35 PM
blah

# 5 beeneeb @ 05/13/09 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Road to Glory(a.k.a. a renamed Campus Legend mode)
Actually, it's mascot mode meets "Hot Coffee". We'll call it Super Mascot Mash.

# 6 beeneeb @ 05/13/09 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
I do like the discussion on setting how aggressive or conservative aspects like blocking or forcing fumbles would be, but that's about the only depth I saw to his writeup.
Here's my favorite part of the article:

Quote:
Had my wide receiver been injured, I would have been given the newly added option of keeping him in the game or sitting him down. There's obviously a high risk of re-injuring a star, but if your backup is sub par it just might be worth it.

# 7 drlw322 @ 05/13/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the onizzle
Nate (the IGN fella) must not have played NCAA 09 very much. He says camera angles are the same as well as game speed remains unchanged. We've already seen a dynamic camera angle on passing plays, as well as confirmation that overall game speed/animations are 10% slower in '10 than '09. This review is rehashed info that took him about 15 mins to type (or copy and paste).

is the gameplay speed changes made on ncaa also??? source?? thanks bro.

# 8 the onizzle @ 05/13/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
is the gameplay speed changes made on ncaa also??? source?? thanks bro.
thought so, here's Ian's writeup about Madden speed changes:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...en-nfl-10.aspx

Doesn't say specifically that those things are in NCAA, although my friend and I have been under the impression that the Overall Game Speed decrease is in NCAA. Solidice might have a link.

# 9 acts238shaun @ 05/13/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
I recently got my hands on an early build of NCAA Football 10 at a Pre-E3 event in Los Angeles.
I just wanted to highlight this. I am not one to drink a lot of Kool-Aid, but I exercise caution towards both positive and negative comments.

# 10 Lava @ 05/13/09 06:25 PM
Not much to see here. Oh well.

# 11 OMT @ 05/13/09 06:41 PM
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.

# 12 jrod1981 @ 05/13/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
There's no doubt that it feels very similar to last year's NCAA on the field. The default gameplay camera angles are the same, animations are carried out at the same speed and the general ebb and flow on the field is the same that I remember from years gone by. That's certainly not a bad thing, but it's definitely going to feel like familiar territory to series veterans.

I can't disagree with this guy more. NCAA 10 plays nothing like 09. There is no "wide open gameplay," there is a pocket and pressure on the QB, the CPU throws deep, there are incomplete passes that aren't dropped, balls get batted down at the line (to name a few things that are very noticable), and there is a big gameplay feature that we haven't announced yet.

Sheesh.
Thank you for commenting and dousing the negative comments. I am eagerly awaiting this release and appreciate all your input thus far.

# 13 OMT @ 05/13/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
This is very promising. I don't understand all the hate for this game and all the praise for Madden. Oh well I know I'm getting the game day 1 and when the teambuilder application drops I will be obsessing over it.

Thanks for stopping by I can imagine it gets difficult with all the negativity and immature people who post here.
I haven't been here much cause I've been very busy with the game. I have pretty thick skin, just sometimes I have to stop myself from replying to things!

As far as the Madden and NCAA stuff, it is probably cause Ian does such a good job with his blogs. He also gets to talk about the gameplay changes as Madden pays the bills, and then all NCAA can talk about is our non-gameplay elements (the NCAA specific gameplay stuff is still being kept quiet). It really gives the impression that Madden is being made for the hardcore gamers while NCAA is for the casual crowd.

I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.

# 14 sozo @ 05/13/09 06:54 PM
Thanks OMT for sharing some of the gameplay aspects that ign missed in their article. Can't wait to hear what this new gameplay addition you mentioned is gonna be.

# 15 redsfan4life @ 05/13/09 07:01 PM
They need to shake up their NCAA team, another year of them not focusing no gameplay and giving us fluff we don't care about. Create a school is ok...but fix the product on the field first. Common sense.

Edit:

Didn't read the post above...well that is encouraging. I'll still believe it when I see it, but that holds true with Madden also.

# 16 acts238shaun @ 05/13/09 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I just wish people would stop posting how Madden 10 is so much better than NCAA 10... considering nobody has played them.
qft...

# 17 Potatoes002 @ 05/13/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
qft...
Woah! What?

# 18 boritter @ 05/13/09 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I have always been and will always be a NCAA guy. But I think many people (myself included) see Madden as the big brother because it seems to get more attention in terms of press and advertising.

Additionally, Madden seems to get the "best" features one year before NCAA. Pro Tak would be the obvious example this year.

While I do not like this, I realize that Madden sells better than NCAA so it is a smarter business model for EA to give Madden more resources.

# 19 fanforlife21 @ 05/13/09 07:16 PM
Pro-tak is in ncaa as well as far as I know. I remember Ian saying forming the pocket was not possible without it, but we have yet to see 9 man gang tackles in ncaa so I could be wrong. Maybe this is the big game play element yet to be mentioned?

# 20 Solidice @ 05/13/09 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
Pro-tak is in ncaa as well as far as I know. I remember Ian saying forming the pocket was not possible without it, but we have yet to see 9 man gang tackles in ncaa so I could be wrong. Maybe this is the big game play element yet to be mentioned?
I believe it's already been stated that the 9-man gang tackling and fumble pile-ups are Madden only. but yes, the pocket protection is in NCAA 10, and it uses technology that Pro-tak does.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.