Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

EA has posted another NCAA Football 10 blog. This one featuring Season Showdown. They have also posted a new video clip, right here.

Quote:
"Hey Everyone, by now most of you have started to hear some details about Season Showdown, and some of you got uncomfortably close with me as I talked with Pasta Padre and cdj about Season Showdown couple of weeks ago. This week’s blog will focus on the format of Season Showdown, and in the coming weeks we will go in-depth on the Skills, Strategy, and Sportsmanship components that make up a lot of what Season Showdown is all about."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lava @ 05/14/09 08:07 PM
This is one vid I'm glad I can't watch now that I'm stuck back on dialup.

# 2 Solidice @ 05/14/09 08:07 PM

# 3 Maximus205 @ 05/14/09 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
This is one vid I'm glad I can't watch now that I'm stuck back on dialup.
Theres new gameplay footage. The crossing routes look like they will kill again.

# 4 Pass_The_Cows @ 05/14/09 08:11 PM
Couldn't care less about SS, but the pocket didn't look very good in those gameplay clips. Better than 09, but still not very good.

# 5 ex carrabba fan @ 05/14/09 08:12 PM
Can we get comment from a developer on how far along the game was in these clips?

# 6 zoltan @ 05/14/09 08:15 PM
that blog was FAIL.

they did not need to explain that stuff again IMO

oh well only 7 days until the next blog

# 7 zoltan @ 05/14/09 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
Can we get comment from a developer on how far along the game was in these clips?
looks prety early...... usc was in their away jerseys and they had the black shoes glitch..

just my guess

overall the video was pretty decent..... o noticed the zone read still look like poo..... hope they have it fixed especially for florida.. they run the downhill one most of the time

# 8 Maximus205 @ 05/14/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows
Couldn't care less about SS, but the pocket didn't look very good in those gameplay clips. Better than 09, but still not very good.
I noticed that too.Especially by the Penn State line. The center and left guard just let 2 guys run right up the middle untouched and it wasnt a screen.

# 9 J-Unit40 @ 05/14/09 08:28 PM
Wow! There appears to be a TON of new animations. Beautiful. I'm psyched again!

This game looks a lot different than '09, which is a good thing.

The pocket didn't look all that bad. The one play (Texas vs. Okla) was a screen so the OL looked like they did what they are supposed to do.

# 10 floridagatorfan @ 05/14/09 08:29 PM
I'm not even sure I will read that blog.

As for the video, there were some things that did not look good. In the Penn St clip the center and LG just let the DL go right through like it was a screen play but it wasnt.

I also still don't like that there are no running gameplay clips that show the OL blocking and it worries me that they have not improved it.

On a positive note the visuals looked better.

# 11 zoltan @ 05/14/09 08:32 PM
another thing that gives this away as an early build is masoli's jersey number......

at least masoli is in this year lol, but he is gonna wear number 8 this year, and i think they updated that awhile ago

# 12 WolverinesFinest @ 05/14/09 08:35 PM
I can't beleive they wasted a blog on ss to be honest.

# 13 zoltan @ 05/14/09 08:35 PM
lol i saw windsocks!!

# 14 Glorious Arc @ 05/14/09 08:43 PM
If you watch the espn ticker during the video you can see the score to the portland vs houston game. This is right when the guy says this is when we will let the top 32 teams battle it out. Its before the NFL news that Ken Lucas resigned with the seahawks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290426010

My guess would be either this video was catured sometime around then or they did that part of the video during that timeframe.

# 15 moylan1234 @ 05/14/09 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
As for the video, there were some things that did not look good. In the Penn St clip the center and LG just let the DL go right through like it was a screen play but it wasnt.
I just watched that play like 20 times using the pause button heavily. I think it might be a screen because the back runs his route right through the line and the center seems to start heading up field. either way the back's presence definitely causes the breakdown. overall I thought the blocking looked pretty good I even saw the Oklahoma C+LG double team a d tackle.

# 16 WolverinesFinest @ 05/14/09 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If you watch the espn ticker during the video you can see the score to the portland vs houston game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=290426010

My guess would be either this video was catured sometime around then or they did that part of the video during that timeframe.
nice catch

# 17 Solidice @ 05/14/09 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
lol i saw windsocks!!

another windsock sighting.

# 18 Apollo @ 05/14/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I can't believe they wasted a whole year of development time on this!

Got to play 37 games today and miss work so my Buckeyes can win the national championship!

# 19 Lava @ 05/14/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
Not to mention, from the way they talked in this one it sounds like we have another SS blog to look forward to. Oh joy.

Sigh, running out of things to talk about already? I hope not...

# 20 floridagatorfan @ 05/14/09 08:47 PM
Ugh. After reading this I am amazed that any time would go into creating this new mode when the other modes could use much more work. I would rather them put all the effort put into this mode and instead put it into Dynasty which could use a bit more work.

I just don't get the thought process that went into it where they thought that this would be a good idea and something that everyone would want. I think they already had enough modes in NCAA '09 and the main focus of NCAA '10 would be too build upon these modes and gameplay, not add more of them.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.