Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Welcome to week #1 of our interview with the Producers of NCAA Football 10. Every week until release, we'll be posting an interview. This week we have Ben Haumiller, designer of NCAA Football 10, answering the questions.

Quote:
Operation Sports: "What kind of defensive gameplay enhancements/tweaks have been implemented into this year's game? What has been done to tone down the wide open gameplay?"

Ben Haumiller: "Here are a few things we’ve done (obviously not everything):
Pursuit Angles, Defensive line tipping passes, Man Coverage has been improved, Press/Release enhancements (from WR/DB interactions), and Adaptive AI all make a really big impact. I should also point out that players in deep zones (depending on zone coverage rating) will be more aggressive in going after passes.

So examples:
• Just taking a speed back and running outside does not equal a score (pursuit angles)
• "Elite" Corners make a bigger impact between the abilities to jam receivers and simply cover better in Man
• Adaptive AI can force you to change up your play calling. I say can because if you are a way better team, all the reaction ratings in the world will not always help the defense
• And just more incompletions in general help defense (tip passes and more realistic misses on passes)"

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Maximus205 @ 05/22/09 09:35 PM
This was the most obvious no of all the nos'.

[b]What can you tell us about the presentation aspect of NCAA? Will we see more stat overlays?]/b]

A: We’ve added various presentation elements to NCAA Football 10 including flags around the stadiums, windsocks on the uprights [Big ups to Solidice],field goal nets, camera flashes, and dynamic bowl end zones. You can read more about this in our Inside EA SPORTS blog: http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...e-details.aspx

# 22 Gossennator @ 05/22/09 09:36 PM
I am speechless...this is terrible.

# 23 Solidice @ 05/22/09 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Am I the only one who is upset that the sounds will be tied to the all setting. If I am reading this correctly that means that we can't have different songs for different CAS's. Also, this probably means we can have both songs for our CAS and songs like War Eagle for Auburn. Very disappointing.
the all setting was there last year too. the team specific ones override the "all" setting. so if you have Auburn's set, they will play, not the "all" ones.

I don't see another way they could do it with the way TeamBuilder is currently set up. the stadiums sounds doesn't know what created teams are loaded. when your in the main menu your created team is not there. they only show up if you add the to dynasty or in the play now team select menu.

I suppose in the future they could have a team slot in custom stadium sounds for created team in general. not sure if they could ever get it to be specific.

# 24 blackscorpion11 @ 05/22/09 10:07 PM
None of this suprises me because this is what a monopoly does, it breeds complacency..Quality and creativity stand still rather than move forward.

What bothers me is that NOW they are re-hashing old features previously removed from previous versions on ncaa?????? create-a-team? Db's actually covering and reacting?

I'm buying the game but i'm doing so knowing it will basically be a glorified collection of patches to last years game.

**Remember this** Ncaa 2008 was heavily criticized for too many interceptions... next thing you know Ncaa 2009 has "wide open gameplay " with no defense...

Be careful what you ask for.

# 25 moylan1234 @ 05/22/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
Am I the only one who is upset that the sounds will be tied to the all setting. If I am reading this correctly that means that we can't have different songs for different CAS's. Also, this probably means we can have both songs for our CAS and songs like War Eagle for Auburn. Very disappointing.
yup this bums me out as well

# 26 redsfan4life @ 05/22/09 10:14 PM
What a horrible interview. It's almost like he knows that this game isn't better this year. Hey EA, this guy just cost you 60 bucks, I am not buying this game after reading that. Period.

# 27 CM Hooe @ 05/22/09 10:16 PM
Eh... add me to the underwhelmed crowd.

# 28 Dame @ 05/22/09 10:28 PM
that interview was both disappointing and terrible. If I wasnt in a great OD i would have to consider a rental.

I cant understand why formation subs are not in or the ability to substitute special team players. I guess when the developers get some free time and can come on the boards we can ask them why this cant be implemented.

# 29 marcoyk @ 05/22/09 10:44 PM
wow the guy that was interviewed got OWNED by the interviewer...
like all of his answers were not this year, same as last year, no, in the future, etc. how did they not put formation subs in

# 30 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/22/09 10:47 PM
Well I think the interveiw was decent. Somethings I like and some things I didn't like. I just hope the gameplay has been balanced out between offense and defense. And SS can take a hike for all I care. Team builder will be fun for the first few months. But after that is will boring after that.

# 31 marcoyk @ 05/22/09 10:50 PM
needed to post another comment... one just couldn't fulfill my willingness to express my annoyance with EA Monopoly.
actually... I'm okay cuz at least there are wind socks!!
hahaha I don't know why that guy tried to bring up wind socks in place of something that we'd actually care about while he was being interviewed

# 32 marcoyk @ 05/22/09 10:52 PM
yeah apparently questions about stat overlays and presentation provoke answers about windsocks

# 33 sportzbro @ 05/22/09 11:02 PM
Geeee, thanks for all that awesome info Ben. I just can't wait to play this empty game once again. I'm honestly starting to hate hearing from this guy. Do they really know what they are doing?

With every week's blog, I become more heartbroken

# 34 Rashad19 @ 05/22/09 11:13 PM
Awful interview...NCAA development team has basically taken a year off. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for trying to fool us into believing they put some effort in this game!

# 35 sozo @ 05/22/09 11:39 PM
First time in a long time i have preordered a football game. Too bad it's Madden and not NCAA.

# 36 acts238shaun @ 05/22/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
I can already tell that this game will disappoint. Why do you think it is almost June and you have heard nothing about this game. Usually when that happens its a bad sign.

That's what MLB 2K8 did

# 37 marcoyk @ 05/22/09 11:43 PM
the sad thing about all this is that the gameplay still looks so scrub. in the last video towards the end you see one player going straight, diagonal, and then straight... if you've played ncaa or madden the last few years you know what i mean. It isn't smooth at all and just like 8 directions instead of one full circle. wonder how it'll be in madden OH WAIT they got player momentum!! but at least ncaa has season showdown so we can see which school has the most fans that plays video games. i would MUCH rather prefer that than improved gameplay and basic features that shoudl have been in ncaa years ago. sigh

# 38 sportzbro @ 05/22/09 11:46 PM
We can only pray the game is turning out like this for the sake of an absolute overhaul for 2011.

# 39 acts238shaun @ 05/22/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11

**Remember this** Ncaa 2008 was heavily criticized for too many interceptions... next thing you know Ncaa 2009 has "wide open gameplay " with no defense...

Be careful what you ask for.
I've been saying this for three months...

# 40 boritter @ 05/23/09 12:46 AM
Do you think it's a coincidence that the EA team is not on the NCAA pages very much now that the game is being booed incessantly?

I know they'll say they have been busy finishing the game. But I think it really is because we have realized that the core gameplay fixes we have wanted since NCAA moved into the next gen are still missing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.