Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Hey guys... so we are aware of the issue with no (or few) freshmen on some teams in TeamBuilder and yes the same issues are found on the NCAA 10 disc. Over the past few days, one of our top priorities has been investigating solutions.

The TeamBuilder teams require some data on the disc to set Depth Charts for every team created before they can be used in a game. For example if you use the Cupcake roster as a starting point, NCAA 10 will give you a default Depth Chart for the Cupcakes for your TeamBuilder team (which you can edit in game). This means any changes we make could cause some problems with teams already created using TeamBuilder. So we need to ensure we are taking to proper steps to correct the issues.

We understand the concerns with how this can affect Dynasty mode and Online Games, so we are working hard to have a solution in place before launch on July 14th.

-Russ

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 yanks26ngoin @ 06/10/09 09:14 PM
This is the problem with getting rid of TB. All of the people who arent in the "know" have no idea about the rosters being f'd up. When they get the game and try to upload there teams and they are not there, they are going to be pissed. Might call EA, might begin to post on boards, might go to the EA forum and complain because they dont know what happened, or they might return the game. The devs dont want that. Although, re doing Teambuilder may be the best case scenario. Or right when the game boots up, there could be a message stating "Press OK to download the new default, correct rosters. Press Cancel to continue on with the shipped, messed up rosters. Sorry for the snafu." And then people could click ok, and the new default/correct rosters will download and save. Another solution would be to post in on the EA lockers of all the developers GT's/PSN's and post a message stating to get the correct default rosters from one of the following EA Lockers.

# 142 aimiami @ 06/10/09 09:17 PM
ok somebody answer this if they remake all the rosters and stuff evreything should be fine am i right?

# 143 LowerWolf @ 06/10/09 09:19 PM
Pardon my ignorance, I haven't really followed this roster issue. But if the wrong roster build made it onto the disc, why couldn't the final build be issued via download, like the roster updates for Madden?

# 144 tyler741 @ 06/10/09 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Pardon my ignorance, I haven't really followed this roster issue. But if the wrong roster build made it onto the disc, why couldn't the final build be issued via download, like the roster updates for Madden?
Not entirely sure, but I think doing that would mess up TeamBuilder somehow. Again, I'm not 100% sure on that.

# 145 Happyvally74 @ 06/10/09 09:23 PM
I don't think NCAA does roster updates

# 146 aimiami @ 06/10/09 09:24 PM
ok somebody answer this if they remake all the rosters and stuff evreything should be fine am i right?

# 147 Happyvally74 @ 06/10/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimiami
Russ says they gotta find a solution to not screw the pre made teambuilder teams up when tweaking the rosters. That and time is the major problem right now.

# 148 dblplay1212 @ 06/10/09 09:28 PM
Ok, this might have already been suggested, but why not just do an online roster update before you can play online? Like Madden does throughout the season. Get the roster right over the next 3 weeks and then when you sign online, you download the corrected rosters. Easy, right?

# 149 ActLikeYouCrow @ 06/10/09 09:30 PM
one reason it may not work that way is theyve never done it before. an updated roster for download and online play can open a can of worms or bugs.

the only solution sounds like its to get both the disc and tb site in sync.

# 150 Saints21 @ 06/10/09 09:33 PM
I cannot believe this....

The correct rosters is a MUST HAVE in this game (and this is coming from a guy who dosen't care about rosters).

They should scrap teambuilder and have us do all the teams again .. I really dont mind I prefer that than having a game with incorrect rosters.

The other thing is they talk about priorities, which is true... but c'mon, windsocks BEFORE equipment... that does not make sense..

I havent played a good NCAA version since 2007 in ps2.. please make the corrections so this game plays well!!!!

# 151 Hova57 @ 06/10/09 09:37 PM
it took me two days to make my teams. i could deal espcially if they make some changes to it also

# 152 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/10/09 09:37 PM
Guess I'll be spending the evening taking pictures of all my created teams I've made and planned to use. All 12 so far. It's looking inevitable that TB is going to get jacked to fix the roster issue. Probably the best thing. Bummer.

# 153 aimiami @ 06/10/09 09:38 PM
ok people they arent gona get rid of teambuilder thats the biggest diffrence from last here to this here

# 154 aimiami @ 06/10/09 09:40 PM
ok ppl they arent gona get rid of team builder thats the bigger dif from last year to this year

# 155 striker3771 @ 06/10/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
Noone can answer that. Im sure some other problem will arise. Everything will not be fine. These guys think you will buy anything. I guess the next time I go to McDonalds I will just ask for 2 All-Beef Patties and the Sesame Bun, with the special seasoning salt, then put it all together when I get home
LOL!

# 156 rudyjuly2 @ 06/10/09 09:45 PM
Can't EA just post an updated roster in the roster vault? That wouldn't interfere with teambuilder and it would make the offline guys happy. For online games, they would just have to allow users to play ranked games with roster files - the home team roster could be used. Not sure how easy that would be though.

# 157 Madwolf @ 06/10/09 09:52 PM
The better be a Counter-Lawsuit against Sam Keller for this bull crap. Once EA Sports is vindicated of any wrong doing in that case they better go after Sam Keller for damaging their product, consumers, and income.

# 158 stoncold32 @ 06/10/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimiami
Dude, the game is already done. The only hope would be a roster patch. I wouldn't hold my breath about them getting in any hurry

# 159 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/10/09 09:57 PM
They need to just find a way replace the 1A template rosters on the TeamBuilder site. Anybody who cares about their TeamBuilder roster are using (likely edited) versions of the generic templates. Nobody is complaining about those. It'll only screw up the people who were editing their team's roster based off a 1A school as a template. I'm not sure how easy this would be, but it would minimize the damage on the TB site and make a lot more people happy.

Or you could just send the finished product to DT/Fairdale/DK about two weeks before release and tell 'em to salvage the mess.

# 160 Taitr23 @ 06/10/09 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblplay1212
Ok, this might have already been suggested, but why not just do an online roster update before you can play online? Like Madden does throughout the season. Get the roster right over the next 3 weeks and then when you sign online, you download the corrected rosters. Easy, right?
I was thinking the same thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.