Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Here is a new NCAA Football 10 video that features some adjusted sliders. More specifically, AA, Pass Blocking 0, Break Block 100. I'm going to try and grab a user vs. AI clip before bed.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mgoblue678 @ 06/17/09 10:47 PM
Not to mention other parts of that video were pretty poor as well.

Anybody else notice at the 5:53 mark how Bradford throws a perfect strike deep while being hit from the blind side when he is releasing the ball. Gotta love how it has no impact on the accuracy of the pass.

# 22 carnalnirvana @ 06/17/09 10:49 PM
I CANT BELIEVE I AM SAYING THIS BUT THE BLOCKING IS WAY TOO GOOD......

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS OF BROKEN BLOCKING, ITS TOO EFFECTIVE NOW.

# 23 Solidice @ 06/17/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I guess we have to blitx every play to get any type of pressure on the qb(that means not enough players to defend crossing routes in a spread type offense)
remember that.

this is really disappointing.

# 24 tyler741 @ 06/17/09 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by six
Atleast Alabama plays in a real football conference, not a joke like the Little Ten or Eleven, whatever the hell you wanna call it.
LOL.. try Big 2, Little 9. lol @ this alabama kid talking crap about State and the Big 10.

# 25 marcoyk @ 06/17/09 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Carry on....Hey why are Hot Dog vendors not in the crowd?

# 26 moose1619 @ 06/17/09 10:54 PM
Man, this really looks frustrating. I must say I am on the fence of this purchase. The fact that gamestop will give $40 trade in credit may mean i will try it unitl Madden comes out. i don't understand the whole game starts with OL/DL interaction. The problem is the DE's stand straight up on the snap instead of attacking to the heel line like most do reading pass or run. On a pass read they are almost even with the QB on the QBs drop, not so in NCAA 10.

# 27 mgoblue678 @ 06/17/09 10:54 PM
^^^You are spot on. DE not getting upfield is a big problem

There so called pocket isn't even a true pocket. I think they need to check out 2k's games to see how a pocket should look and how de's get upfield on passes.

# 28 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/17/09 10:55 PM
Who is the gameplay developer? I think he should step down effective immediately. This is ridiculous! I'm baffled, how can you patch the sliders for NCAA 09 to be more effective, only for them to have absolutely no value in NCAA 10? This is beyond me, it's become a circus around here with the BS.

I'd just like to see one those coward devs explain why this game is still broken and why nothing they say was fixed looks to be fixed. I'll be calling EA tomorrow and asking to speak to someone's supervisor because something is clearly wrong here!

# 29 lilcoo3 @ 06/17/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1619
Man, this really looks frustrating. I must say I am on the fence of this purchase. The fact that gamestop will give $40 trade in credit may mean i will try it unitl Madden comes out. i don't understand the whole game starts with OL/DL interaction. The problem is the DE's stand straight up on the snap instead of attacking to the heel line like most do reading pass or run. On a pass read they are almost even with the QB on the QBs drop, not so in NCAA 10.
+1 Plus the QB drops back like a rocket negating any chance you will get a sack.

# 30 mistershadez @ 06/17/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
the whole game starts with OL/DL interaction. The problem is the DE's stand straight up on the snap instead of attacking to the heel line like most do reading pass or run. On a pass read they are almost even with the QB on the QBs drop, not so in NCAA 10.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. That's the biggest problem we have with this game. My excitement level is falling lower and lower with every video. I'm really hoping the demo will bring some of it back.

# 31 legendkiller5 @ 06/17/09 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettouch
I guess we have to blitx every play to get any type of pressure on the qb(that means not enough players to defend crossing routes in a spread type offense)

I'm sorry, but God I love your avatar.

But as far as the video, I am concerned with the fact slider adjustment still had no bearing on the pass rush.

# 32 prototype561 @ 06/17/09 11:03 PM
guess ill keep on playing call of duty lol

# 33 rudyjuly2 @ 06/17/09 11:04 PM
I'm speechless. Those slider adjustments did absolutely nothing! The OL were a complete wall against the 4 man rush. No DL even sniffed the QB. How can EA do this? It's as though the sliders are WORSE than '09! I just don't understand. When you max out sliders, they should have a big impact. The sliders worked in '08 and the games before them. Why did they have to ruin them in '09 and again in '10 after we bitched about them?

I love the fact the cpu goes deep but that appears to be the only reason to buy '10. I've got this game pre-ordered but I don't know if I will buy it anymore. I'm a big slider guy and it's very clear to me this game is not worth full price. Shoddy work to say the least. If I buy this game on day one, I will clearly have overpaid and given in to a weakness which is playing a college football video game. Very disappointed in this video. It was worse than I could have imagined.

Thanks Steve for doing this but the results of this video are awful. At times I feel bad for the NCAA dev team for the abundant criticism but there are times like this where I just want to pile on.

# 34 marcoyk @ 06/17/09 11:04 PM
I think you guys are overreacting to these blocking/pressure problems. Who cares about the basis of football when you have SEASON SHOWDOWN!!!!

# 35 mgoblue678 @ 06/17/09 11:05 PM
^^^LOL

# 36 AuburnAlumni @ 06/17/09 11:06 PM
*sighs* *takes a deep breath*

Ok...

A few things....

1. All you guys exchanging trash talk in about 10 different threads....shut it and take it somewhere else. Seriously. That's not trying to act holier than thou...that's me saying we really don't care about Michigan State's football history, etc. in a thread concerning NCAA 2010.

2. Kudos to the NCAA team on many obvious improvements....
-The CPU throws deep
-The CPU doesn't run out of bounds as much when wide open.
-The Pass coverage is much much better

BUT....

3. and this isn't being too critical in saying this....EA guys, you flat out lied to us on improving the pass rush and fixing the sliders.

NEITHER of these areas have improved..not one iota.

If a slider is set to 100...IT SHOULD WORK EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SNAP.
If a slider is set to 0...IT SHOULD NEVER WORK ON EVERY SINGLE FREAKING SNAP.

There is NO difference..NONE...ZIP...ZILCH..NADA, with pass blocking at 0 and break block at 100.

There is no pass rush..yet again.

DEs are useless and don't collapse the outside of the line.

DTs don't get push up the middle. Nothing.

Russell and Co...you MUST understand.

A pass rush is absolutely essential to playing solid defense. Without a realistic ability to get pressure from the defensive front four, the "teeth" of a defense are removed and the offense will pick the D apart.

Now, a brain dead CPU AI may mean that Human vs CPU games will be less scoring, simply because of the CPU calling bad plays on offense, and the CPU actually getting pressure due to the programming.

But Human vs Human games will once again be shootouts because a human player is going to be able to pick apart any defense with the amount of time they'll have.

I'm very very disappointed in this and I'm not gonna lie..this is going to have a MAJOR impact on the game...and not in a good way.

# 37 Geauxldenboy @ 06/17/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Great point coach. This along with some of the run blocking schemes leads you to believe that no one working on this game has ever played or coached the game. They would be well served to bring in some technical advisors, who could breakdown position-specific fundamentals and assignments.

# 38 SteelerSpartan @ 06/17/09 11:10 PM
This vid killed any hope for NCAA I had this year...Glad they got Season Showdown mode in though, because it was obvious that it was more important to College Football then basic concepts of the game like a Pass Rush

But don't be Sad EA...I'll still be feeding the EA machine this summer with $60, for Fight Night R4

Maybe Ian will give em a verbal lashing or something and get em to release a massive patch

# 39 rhombic21 @ 06/17/09 11:11 PM
Yep, it looks like all we can do is wait for a post-release patch. Last year that didn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks into August, and then it didn't even address the pass rush.

# 40 striker3771 @ 06/17/09 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Demo will tell more of the story but right now it just looks like the last year they made PS1 titles and just "threw it together" in an effort to sell some units to the poor bastards who still owned the system.
Demos are nice but it's never a representation of the final product. If I remember correctly, '09 demo was better than the final version. The players moved well, DL pressure, and players didn't appear to be moving in quicksand. If '09 demo played like the final version, their sales would've been worse than it actually was.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.