Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Happyvally74 @ 06/24/09 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
Great! Put the $60 back in your pocket.

And if you really think the "masses" don't care about CAS (i.e. TeamBuilder), you haven't been around for very long. I've seen that asked a thousand times as much as "better line splits".

I could care less about TB. fix the dam game.

# 182 nstod @ 06/24/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Team Builder is in the minority. It doesn't mean that it wasn't important and don't intend for my statement to be interpreted that way. There are several more important features (Gameplay, OL/DL interaction) that more people want than Team Builder. Team Builder is an accessory and means little to nothing when the game is still broken. I am glad you got your Team Builder Feature. Meanwhile, there are still a ton of people out there will never touch this feature. Fix features and add features that EVERYONE will touch first, ie: broken gameplay because it is still bad.
I won't touch it, either. But just because I won't touch it, I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't a HUGE request from the community. And they did improve (or attempt to improve) the gameplay. Whether you think game planning is dumb or not, it was an attempt to add more strategy to the game. Adaptive AI, fixing major bugs (but not quite all of them yet) with the gameplay from a year ago.

To say they completely abandoned the gameplay is ridiculous. Whether you think they failed in their efforts is one thing, but to even start to claim that they don't care about gameplay, in my mind, is absurd.

# 183 Seahawk76 @ 06/24/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
seems to me that the devs interacting with the community is paying dividends.

Just my take.
I don't know. It seems like we're in pretty much the same spot we were in last year when a flawed and buggy game was going to require a major patch after release. I expected last year's fiasco to help persuade EA to right the ship, but I don't see it happening.

While I agree with Pared that we shouldn't be making anyone a "whipping boy," I think it is important to make it very clear that the quality control problems this series has experienced over the past few years is simply not acceptable. The best way to do that is to not buy the game. I'm willing to bet, though, that most of those screaming the loudest about this being a broken game will end up buying it.

# 184 Happyvally74 @ 06/24/09 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
And if we shall fall to the need and desire of college football...buy this game used and cut EA out of the profits...
But then we cant use teambuilder

# 185 da ThRONe @ 06/24/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
I won't touch it, either. But just because I won't touch it, I'm not going to pretend that it wasn't a HUGE request from the community. And they did improve (or attempt to improve) the gameplay. Whether you think game planning is dumb or not, it was an attempt to add more strategy to the game. Adaptive AI, fixing major bugs (but not quite all of them yet) with the gameplay from a year ago.

To say they completely abandoned the gameplay is ridiculous. Whether you think they failed in their efforts is one thing, but to even start to claim that they don't care about gameplay, in my mind, is absurd.
I will never touch Team Builder as well. When you look on the list of priorities It was in the middle just based on its impact on the actually game. Once again they could have killed to birds with one stone with Team Builder by giving us the ability to add(and i mean add not replace existing schools) schools. With the goal of replacing the generic FCS in dynasty mode.

I think the improvements are to little too late and it is without a doubt because time and resources was spent unwisely. If on my job I continued to make the same mistake that cost the company a ton of money I would be fired and rightfully so!

# 186 countryboy @ 06/24/09 06:37 PM
well lets see...

The community asked for teambuilder...its in. The community notices through teambuilder website that the rosters are screwed up. We report here on the boards/forums, the devs see it and the problem is solved.

The community is watching videos that are put on the forums by the owner of the site, notices the pass rush/sliders aren't working as they should. The devs see the same video, notice the same thing and are now looking to remedy the situation.

Again, it seems that the devs being on the boards is paying dividends. I know, people are going to point to other aspects that they feel are shortcoming and say, well they haven't fixed this/that...., but if they weren't on the forums, what are the chances that the rosters, pass rush, or sliders are addressed at all, PRIOR to the game being released?

If a patch is released on launch day that addresses the sliders and other aspects, is it really that big of a deal? Shouldn't this be what we want? Issues spotted before the game releases and can be addressed via patch before the game launches.

No, everything we've asked for isn't in the game, and I'm as disappointed as the next guy..but to act as though as nothing positive is coming out of the devs being on the boards is ridiculous.

And no, the game isn't broken. If we are going to call bugs/glitches/flaws a broken a game, then there isn't a single game that has been released, nor that will ever be released that isn't "broken".

# 187 da ThRONe @ 06/24/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
The community is watching videos that are put on the forums by the owner of the site, notices the pass rush/sliders aren't working as they should. The devs see the same video, notice the same thing and are now looking to remedy the situation.
I dont remember Russ saying anything about the pass rush being patched!

# 188 countryboy @ 06/24/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont remember Russ saying anything about the pass rush being patched!
I used the backslash.../...to show that I was coupling the two together. Its seems that if the sliders were tweaked/fixed/made more effective, then gamers could alter the sliders to get the amount of pass rush they feel is adequate.

# 189 Pared @ 06/24/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
I don't know. It seems like we're in pretty much the same spot we were in last year when a flawed and buggy game was going to require a major patch after release. I expected last year's fiasco to help persuade EA to right the ship, but I don't see it happening.

While I agree with Pared that we shouldn't be making anyone a "whipping boy," I think it is important to make it very clear that the quality control problems this series has experienced over the past few years is simply not acceptable. The best way to do that is to not buy the game. I'm willing to bet, though, that most of those screaming the loudest about this being a broken game will end up buying it.
And I think there are many individuals doing that.

Some will speak with their wallet; others will post more of their displeasure on the boards.

But in no way do guys take it to a personal level... and that's all I'm trying to get at.

# 190 N51_rob @ 06/24/09 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I'm just as personally upset over this as anyone else. And how will I show them? By not buying the game, not going off on how people don't do their jobs or whatever.

Cut it out. OS is better than that. And if you've been here long enough, we expect you to know that. And if you haven't, better learn quick or your stay will be a short one.
These two statements ring so true. This forum has fallen off so much lately. There is going to be some anger and I think that people lose sight of the fact that this is a game that no one is forcing anyone to buy. Skipping NCAA is $60 in my pocket and I don't have a problem with that.

# 191 Seahawk76 @ 06/24/09 06:53 PM
Quote:
well lets see...

If a patch is released on launch day that addresses the sliders and other aspects, is it really that big of a deal? Shouldn't this be what we want? Issues spotted before the game releases and can be addressed via patch before the game launches.
I think they'll have a method of fixing the rosters by the release date but do we know for a fact that the patch dealing with "sliders and other aspects" will be ready by then? If I remember correctly it took at least a month before the patch came out last year.

If they have a major patch ready by release that deals with the major issues I'll be satisfied with that. I'll also be surprised.

# 192 countryboy @ 06/24/09 06:57 PM
Quote:
I think they'll have a method of fixing the rosters by the release date but do we know for a fact that the patch dealing with "sliders and other aspects" will be ready by then? If I remember correctly it took at least a month before the patch came out last year.

If they have a major patch ready by release that deals with the major issues I'll be satisfied with that. I'll also be surprised.
Oh...I don't think the patch will be ready for launch day that addresses the sliders amongst other things. I was making a hypothetical comment, that if they did have it ready, is it really that big of a deal that these things had to be patched if we never "played the game" without these things working.

# 193 da ThRONe @ 06/24/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
I used the backslash.../...to show that I was coupling the two together. Its seems that if the sliders were tweaked/fixed/made more effective, then gamers could alter the sliders to get the amount of pass rush they feel is adequate.
If they fix the pass rush it will be through a patch specific for the pass rush IMO. It will not be through fixing the sliders. Its is fundmentally broken sliders cant fix fundmentals.

# 194 countryboy @ 06/24/09 07:01 PM
Quote:
If they fix the pass rush it will be through a patch specific for the pass rush IMO. It will not be through fixing the sliders. Its is fundmentally broken sliders cant fix fundmentals.

The pass rush may be addressed via a patch. I was just stating what seems to be a common opinion amongst the community that more effective sliders would help the pass rush.

# 195 Seahawk76 @ 06/24/09 07:49 PM
Quote:
Oh...I don't think the patch will be ready for launch day that addresses the sliders amongst other things. I was making a hypothetical comment, that if they did have it ready, is it really that big of a deal that these things had to be patched if we never "played the game" without these things working.
Well, then it's possible that it could be weeks or longer after release before the game is fully patched. That's just not acceptable, IMO, especially since this has become an annual issue with this series. I expected the dev team to learn from last year's fiasco but I'm seeing a repeat of the same mistakes. I gave EA the benefit of the doubt last year, but not this year. Not again. They've squandered that trust.

# 196 JAYMO76 @ 06/24/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Well, then it's possible that it could be weeks or longer after release before the game is fully patched. That's just not acceptable, IMO, especially since this has become an annual issue with this series. I expected the dev team to learn from last year's fiasco but I'm seeing a repeat of the same mistakes. I gave EA the benefit of the doubt last year, but not this year. Not again. They've squandered that trust.
I would expect a patch to arrive in late August or early September.

# 197 countryboy @ 06/25/09 09:36 AM
Quote:
And everything you have said points to what I said. These sites are more beneficial to the developers than the developers are to this site. They are using people here as Beta Tester.
And how can it be beneficial to the devs but not to the users in the end?

If we are "beta testing" the game for them and they are fixing the issues that we point out, how is that not beneficial to everyone involved? If they weren't here, then who would we tell our issues to that would in turn fix them?

The issues with rosters, sliders, and pass rush have been noted from videos that were put onto a community site that has diehard fans, knowledgeable fans, and devs of the game. The roster issue this year was caught and for offline play has already been remedied. The online rosters are being worked on as we speak, as to it seems, a patch to increase the effectiveness of sliders which in turn could be used by individual gamers to help tune the pass rush to their liking, amongst other things they may feel need to be tweaked.

I would say, given that, the devs being here is beneficial to all parties involved.

And I have a buddy who played the demo and like me, is anticipating the release of the game, like he does every year. So we all have buddies that share opinions similar to that of our own.

# 198 countryboy @ 06/25/09 10:00 AM
Quote:
They aren't fixing issues that we are pointing out that are the game killers. They fixed a roster glitch last year for online Dynasty. What else did they fix? Not the OL/DL interaction which was the game killer. Not the sliders which was another game killer.

What have they fixed this year? Nothing yet. Just because they say they aren't doesn't mean they are. EA said they would fix OL/DL interaction last year and they didn't. Don't remember if they said they would fix sliders or not, but they weren't fixed either.

Just cause they say they are, doesn't mean they are. I take what they say for a grain of salt until they make it reality.
Ahhh....I see. Well...nothing else really to say here then, except that I guess it depends on what issues each individual perceives to be a game killer.

And you're right, just because they say they are working on fixing something doesn't mean they are, but it also doesn't mean they aren't.

Take care....see ya around.

# 199 DoubleDeuce @ 06/27/09 12:17 PM
Did last year's patch actually affect the sliders on NCAA '09? I know some people swore they did, but I think it was just placebo effect because I did not see a difference.

# 200 UtahUtes32 @ 06/27/09 12:28 PM
Quote:
ya, but i'm pretty sure they said they would be releasing a patch for all the sliders?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.