Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SemperVictoria @ 06/18/09 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Easy killer,
I for one appreciate the work these guys do, Mistakes are made but they are also manning up on them and attempting to fix them. Don't come in here jumping on them. Am I disappointed you bet maybe even a little ticked .

If they didn't care about what we thought they would not waste their time reading and replying to our feedback.

so thank you EA for recognizing the issues at hand please follow through with a complete solution and don't half do it.

Pssst. It's called damage control. And they (EA) didn't recognize a thing—otherwise they would work now, wouldn’t they.

# 42 sammyinafrica @ 06/18/09 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Hey claim down you can always purchase dynasty accelorators to ease your pain!

HA HA HA!

Seriously, the best way for EA to know you are angry and not happy with 2010 is to refuse to buy the game....so if you are that angry, just do not buy it. They put out a product, it is was it is...they are admitting mistakes and claiming they will fix them....so if that is not good enough, buy another college football title....(yeah I know there is not one...)

# 43 seriousluboy83 @ 06/18/09 07:39 PM
WOW...you guys are really ****ING up...that's two yrs in a row...dont kno who but someone needs to lose their job...hell all ya'll need to lose it cause your a team right...

# 44 fistofrage @ 06/18/09 07:51 PM
Thanks Russ. My fear with the sliders is that last year you said the developers hadn't touched them in years and weren't even sure what exactly they did anymore. Now they were shipped broken again.

Were they fixed during the development process and the wrong ones went out or are you going to try to fix them now in a very short amount of time after not having touched them in years?

Any chance you'll make the sliders very effective so it will be a major chore to make a FG with the accuracy turned all the way down? And 0 on the Interception slider meaning hands of stone for the defenders? etc.

# 45 Herky @ 06/18/09 07:54 PM
As upset I am at how the game is NOW, I am glad you posted this info. Hopefully this can all be taken care of. If so, I'll be purchasing it for sure.

Thanks again for the update. It's always good to have interaction.

# 46 gator3guy @ 06/18/09 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood53

I do have a question though, are the ratings for some players changing or are freshman just being added in???
This is what I want to know. I hope they just didnt add freshman and call it a day. I hope they took the time to make them as accurate as possible. Is there anyway you can enlighten us on what was changed Russ?

# 47 canes2008 @ 06/18/09 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info Russ

# 48 rockchisler @ 06/18/09 08:36 PM
im pleased

# 49 huskeraddict @ 06/18/09 08:37 PM
Russ, I think we're all disappointed and/or angry that the sliders have very little effectiveness, but I'm glad that you're taking the time to come and listen to the complaints and try and fix the problems as soon as possible.

# 50 bartolet7 @ 06/18/09 08:51 PM
Thanks for the information, Russ.

# 51 DLaren @ 06/18/09 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
Thank you NCAA team, your efforts are truely appreciated.

# 52 KANE699 @ 06/18/09 08:58 PM
I've never been so dissapointed for a favorite game of mine, this is terrible

# 53 davep @ 06/18/09 09:00 PM
No big deal...thanks for the info.

# 54 KANE699 @ 06/18/09 09:09 PM
So you guys don't plan on addressing the pass rush, AGAIN?

# 55 sportzbro @ 06/18/09 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ
No offense man, but we have been getting these types of excuses every year for the the last 4 years about various major flaws that you guys are responsible for.

Its time to either tighten up the boot straps or find other people that can provide the public with a solid product.

# 56 hoodlum10 @ 06/18/09 09:17 PM
thank you Russ for the updates, and thank god the rosters will be resolved and ready 2 go day 1.

# 57 legendkiller5 @ 06/18/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
There are many bad things in life that should never happen, but, they do.

I agree with some parts of this, but this is something that shouldn't be acceptable now or even in the past since this game moved to next (now current) gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I call BS. The sliders were broke in NCAA 09. The patch to fix the sliders didn't work. You didn't fix them in NCAA 10. Instead you added Season Showdown sponsored by Coke Zero and FG nets. If it bothered EA they would have fixed it. Period.

You did almost nothing to improve NCAA 10 and it still features most of the deficiencies from NCAA 09. The blocking AI is still terrible. The suction effect is still there.

EA royally screwed up the rosters. The scary thing is we discovered the roster error for EA. If they missed something that important, what else did they miss?

The game is flawed out of the box but EA promises to patch it

I'm sick of trying to be politically correct.
I didn't even realize that...that's really worries me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Easy killer,
I for one appreciate the work these guys do, Mistakes are made but they are also manning up on them and attempting to fix them. Don't come in here jumping on them. Am I disappointed you bet maybe even a little ticked .

If they didn't care about what we thought they would not waste their time reading and replying to our feedback.

so thank you EA for recognizing the issues at hand please follow through with a complete solution and don't half do it.
I don't buy all of that. I think they feel more obligated and pressured than willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

Its time to either tighten up the boot straps or find other people that can provide the public with a solid product.
+1

# 58 Herky @ 06/18/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
So you guys don't plan on addressing the pass rush, AGAIN?
I am praying fixed sliders can remedy this some.

# 59 DLaren @ 06/18/09 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
hahaha- a CLIPPER FAN talking about effort haha

I am just kidding DLaren, just kidding, it was too obvious a joke to go for- I mean absolutely nothing personal-
LOL...being a Clippers fan I know all too well what a lack of effort looks like. So I can appreciate it even more when I see someone atleast try to do the right thing

# 60 boritter @ 06/18/09 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum10
thank you Russ for the updates, and thank god the rosters will be resolved and ready 2 go day 1.
There will be rosters available in the EA locker that can be used for dynasties.

But there is not a set date for the roster patch that will allow us to use the updated roster online. Putting the rosters in the EA locker only solves half the problem.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.