Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 legendkiller5 @ 06/18/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
There will be rosters available in the EA locker that can be used for dynasties.

But there is not a set date for the roster patch that will allow us to use the updated roster online. Putting the rosters in the EA locker only solves half the problem.
Well whataya know, something half done. Where have we heard that before?

# 62 tyler741 @ 06/18/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Better late than never.

# 63 KANE699 @ 06/18/09 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I am praying fixed sliders can remedy this some.
And how will those sliders work online.

# 64 chapmanosu1 @ 06/18/09 11:32 PM
Good news.

But people giving thanks are going too far. It was supposed to be fixed and it was hyped up as so. This is their job.

"Hey can I get a double cheeseburger?"
"Uh yeah, here's the bottom bun and one patty...we'll get the rest of it out to you in a day or two."
"Oh cool! Thanks, really means a lot to me. Thanks for keeping me informed. Sounds good."

# 65 umd @ 06/19/09 12:03 AM
I really just don't get how you can ship a game two consecutive years w/ broken sliders...it truly is beyond me.

# 66 mjussawalla @ 06/19/09 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
The sliders in 09 were broken or were they just not very sensitive to you guys?

I'm asking this because I have a set of sliders in 09 that clearly have changed the gameplay.

Mine and the CPU QB sliders are set to 25 and they definitely throw errant passes. If CPU run block is at 45, they CANNOT run. If I set it to 50, CPUs run game is good.

I think its more of how sensitive they are, because they DO work.

I'm not imagining that ****. I dont get it.
Sliders were broken in the shipped version of the game. (i.e. didn't work and sometimes even worked the opposite way they were supposed to)

However, it was somewhat fixed by a patch.

# 67 Bwnarrow3 @ 06/19/09 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

Good customer service. Depending on the patch's success, you may have secured yourself another $60.

# 68 Boulton26 @ 06/19/09 12:27 AM
If indeed the sliders fix the defensive line's ability to penetrate the offensive line and flush out the QB and create lanes for linebackers, I'll be forking over the $59.99. But until I hear reviews from some of the great members here at OS, I won't be buying it.

# 69 Bwnarrow3 @ 06/19/09 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Very much appreciated.

Hopefully, the sliders will be increased in power SUBSTANTIALLY to the point that moving a slider just 2 or 3 clicks is noticeable.

There should never be a slider set at 0 or 100 if they are "truly" effective.
Yes! Please, Russ! Realize this! Slider effectiveness/sensitivity is KEY!

# 70 Tweeg @ 06/19/09 12:46 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say, "WTF HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 11 MONTHS?!"

# 71 gogators @ 06/19/09 01:23 AM
I cannot believe I am saying this. I am going to cancel my preorder for the 360 version of NCAA and now buy the new Wii Sports.

I should never say I would buy ANY game over NCAA, but enough is enough. This game has failed since the move to this current gen and I have not had fun with it since then. It's a couple of big things and the absurd amount of little things that add up that make the current build of NCAA just unplayable.

If the sliders get fixed and everyone on this board praises it then I'll get it, but I'm tired of wasting $60 and not having any kind of fun with this series anymore. I want my game back!!!

# 72 gogators @ 06/19/09 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I think I speak for everyone when I say, "WTF HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 11 MONTHS?!"
Creating NCAA Football 9.5

# 73 monsterhound @ 06/19/09 01:45 AM
Can we get Coke or Honda or some company to sponsor the sliders? Maybe then they'd actually work right out of the box.

Sorry... I was going to buy the game on release, even with the still-broken pass rush. But non-working sliders? Still? I'll wait this year and see if the patch actually works.

# 74 AnybodyKilla @ 06/19/09 02:07 AM
I still cannot believe my favorite game of all time has fallen so bad .

Atleast you guys losing my money went towards my FNR4 preorder :\.

This sucks, if this was pretty much any other game I could move on but this is my beloved NCAA franchise, I LOVE this franchise..ugh..Terrible

# 75 Sublime12089 @ 06/19/09 02:24 AM
Would it be possible to get a spreadsheet of the new rosters?

# 76 Happyvally74 @ 06/19/09 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman1050
Thanks Russell we always appreciate the quick response. We know you guys are working hard.
About time, huh?

# 77 booker21 @ 06/19/09 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Very much appreciated.

Hopefully, the sliders will be increased in power SUBSTANTIALLY to the point that moving a slider just 2 or 3 clicks is noticeable.

There should never be a slider set at 0 or 100 if they are "truly" effective.
exaclty, there should be no sliders setting at 0 or 100...
Hope a few clicks makes things noticable on the field.

# 78 stoncold32 @ 06/19/09 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
After seeing what the Madden dev team has done this year, I've lost respect for the NCAA guys. This game is going to be ***. I'm gonna buy it, play it until the day before Madden comes out, and trade that crap in.

You guys have just as much time as the Madden devs, just a different cycle. Clearly, NCAA Football (and the fans/community) isn't nearly as important to you as Madden is to their dev team. I'm extremely disappointed already.

For everyone buying Madden this year, I'd suggest "renting" NCAA from Gamestop. By that I mean: Buy it for $60, play it for a month (if you can deal with it that long), then trade it in for $40 towards the purchase of Madden 10.
telling everyone to buy the game is the wrong thing. Like I said, EA doesnt care if you buy the game and throw it out the window on your way home. Once you've bought it theyh got paid. They dont care if you keep it for one month or for the next year. Trading it in is only between you and the store...EA could care less. 1 million people could buy this game, and trade it in b/c its terrible, and it would be considered a success to EA

# 79 sportzbro @ 06/19/09 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
telling everyone to buy the game is the wrong thing. Like I said, EA doesnt care if you buy the game and throw it out the window on your way home. Once you've bought it theyh got paid. They dont care if you keep it for one month or for the next year. Trading it in is only between you and the store...EA could care less. 1 million people could buy this game, and trade it in b/c its terrible, and it would be considered a success to EA
QFT. Its amazing people don't understand this concept..

If you buy the game new... the profits go to EA...Buy it used, they get nothing.

# 80 sportzbro @ 06/19/09 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Online gamers are screwed......
People who don't have live are screwed b/c of the roster issue.

Ironic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.