Home
NHL 10 News Post

Check out the NHL 10 video, featuring some of the gameplay features.

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lubey @ 07/02/09 06:25 PM
I liked the new goalie animations shown in there.

# 2 tyler289 @ 07/02/09 06:32 PM
This game is going to consume my soul.

# 3 SchruteFarms @ 07/02/09 06:46 PM
Impressive... Most Impressive.

# 4 Flyermania @ 07/02/09 07:03 PM
Nice clip...but some of the clips are from an old build (no white nameplate on the back of the Flyers orange jerseys).

# 5 onlybygrace @ 07/02/09 08:00 PM
Okay...

so this is as good of a time as any.

My wife gave me permission to preorder my NHL 10...so where is the best place on the net to do this and how early does that mean that I'll get the game usually?

BTW...this game is going to own.

# 6 6194life @ 07/02/09 08:12 PM
Saw some new celebrations in there too; Carter, Burrows, Blake all had new celebration animations and they seem to flow better(see Poni's goal) .

Also, why was Bobby Ryan fighting?

# 7 Eddie1967 @ 07/02/09 08:12 PM
WOW, not an EA hockey fan but that was impressive. Loved the fighting engine, and the crowds look awesome.

# 8 onlybygrace @ 07/02/09 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Unless you live on the moon; you don't need to preorder. Unless you want too. You can't go to a video game store or Target, or Walmart? They pretty much get them all at the same time.
I live in Arkansas...so yeah, not the moon but when it comes to hockey, it might as well be.

Walmart in my town didnt even get 09, but a media store called Hastings did. So will pre-ordering get me the game sooner? or no?

# 9 blinkfan77 @ 07/02/09 08:50 PM
Great video. The only problem I saw were the uber-powerful turnaround shots near the net. They look to be more powerful than ever.

# 10 boritter @ 07/02/09 09:13 PM
The crowd improvements look great as does the animation where they grab the puck out of mid-air.

# 11 TreyIM2 @ 07/02/09 10:06 PM
I haven't bought an NHL game in a while but was tempted to get the last two after playing the demos however there was just something amiss for me. Maybe it's because it just still "feels" like NHL on the PS2. I may have been looking for a more organic animation engine but EA just doesn't have an organic animation engine for any game except Fifa, imo, and I don't really get into soccer.
That being said, I think I may get NHL 10. It's lookin' real good and I like the new additions and fixes.

# 12 Bolts_26 @ 07/02/09 11:21 PM
Wow!

Even though I knew about most of these features it was still good to get a closer look at them.

September 15th will be the day...

# 13 ComaFaction @ 07/02/09 11:57 PM
that goalie save looked sick (the first one)

really pumped for this game.

# 14 pf8363 @ 07/03/09 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Unless you live on the moon; you don't need to preorder. Unless you want too. You can't go to a video game store or Target, or Walmart? They pretty much get them all at the same time.
lol maybe in california you dont need to preorder....... in buffalo, it doesnt work that way with hockey games. i can imagine its even worse in canada

# 15 LuGer33 @ 07/03/09 12:35 AM
I'm from the Philly area. You didn't need to preorder 07. You didn't need to preorder 08; however, last year, when I went to my EB, they were sold out of 09. I went to my local Target, they were sold out of 09. I would highly recommend preordering 10 at this point, no matter where you are.

It speaks volumes to the success of the series.

# 16 addybojangles @ 07/03/09 01:50 AM
Amazing, looks fantastic!

NHL 09 was the greatest sports game EVER, so I have high hopes for NHL 10!

# 17 joker75 @ 07/03/09 04:15 AM
Every year I say: When the EA show something really new? When you feel really gamepad of hockey? This year it looks like the real 200 major things that the game is moved to the actual simulation. So far it feel great now !

# 18 jwilphl @ 07/03/09 09:03 AM
The video looks nice, don't get me wrong. I'm curious as to how '09 won twelve sports video game of the year awards? It must have been a down year. There were a LOT of gameplay flaws and glitches, and I can only hope none of them reappear in NHL '10.

I'm also worried that some of the new animations will end up being overdone, such as the stick-play from the knees and smacking the puck out of the air. Hopefully the AI has also been fixed, namely on the human-controlled side.

The boardplay looks good, but I'm also nervous about the fighting. First person fighting looks badass, but I really wonder how it will feel. Last year's fighting was awful, there needs to be more of a scrappy feeling and less about throwing haymakers.

I'm excited about the crowds--finally at least one EA team is doing them right. I also look forward to hearing about improvements to Franchise and BAP. Does anyone know if anything has been done to either of those modes? They certainly could use some help.

# 19 Ovie @ 07/03/09 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
The fighting looks like rubbish. The collision detection for punches doesn't look good.

Everything else looks great though, especially the goalie animations.
It looks a bit rough but I think it's a step up from last years two punch knock out.

# 20 davep @ 07/03/09 11:10 AM
I'm not a huge NHL fan, but I'm excited for this game!

It's amazing how far they've come along in the past 2-3 years, kudos!

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.