Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IGN has posted 2 Madden NFL 10 videos, featuring Madden Moments.

Steelers vs. Cardinals

Colts vs. Vikings

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ZoneBlitz @ 07/22/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathlete_201
Agreed. I can see that Tiburon has put much more effort into the presentation and excitement in this years Madden but it still feels lifeless and faked. It just doesn't flow well and a lot of it looks and sounds out of place. Definitely improved, but they need to get their presentation to the same level as their graphics. From watching the videos, I give the graphics a 9.5 and atmosphere/presentation a 6.
We don't know if that's the final build. I remember seeing videos that showed more interaction. Also, NCAA has some good post-play vids. Let's see what happens. Of course, Ian indicated that tomorrow's demo does not have all the animations and final tuning in it.

Oh well, less than 24 hours and the goodness begins.

# 62 PhillsPhan26 @ 07/22/09 10:01 PM
The first thing I am going to do the minute I get this game is to turn off the commentary. I do this with MLB 09 the show and its only gonna make this game more enjoyable.

# 63 RaGinG TyRanT 5 @ 07/22/09 10:04 PM
Animations look smoother than before, but still needs to improve.

I just need the gameplay faster than what is shown, so I'll be selecting a faster speed for gameplay.

can't wait for tomorrow night to play the demo

# 64 MattieShoes @ 07/22/09 10:10 PM
The game looks great but I wonder how exciting it'll feel after playing a bunch of games. Time will tell. :-)

The only thing that seriously annoyed me was the "he got the first down, thats the important part" comment from the announcers. That first down was in no way important.

# 65 TheSolutionKMH @ 07/22/09 10:12 PM
pass rush sucks in both videos. what build are they playing on with these videos, madden 10 is getting scary. dont get wrong its looks great but the gameplay looks mediocre at best.

gameplay is the core. without you just another game on the shelf

# 66 PGaither84 @ 07/22/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I'm talking about playoff tie-breaker scenarios:

http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...iebreakers.htm

1. Head-to-Head
2. Division Record
3. Common Games
4. Conference Record
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule
7. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
8. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
9. Net Points (common games)
10. Net Points (all games)
11. Net Touchdowns (all games)

Total number of points scored in regular season games CAN be used to determine certain tie-breakers for playoff spots and seeding.

Sure the Eagles may have won THAT ONE GAME by 6 points, but only being allowed to score 6 points in overtime instead of 7 prevents them from securing a playoff-tie breaker.

Had they scored the TD at the end of regulation, they would have been allowed to kick an extra point.

It seems silly to not allow it in overtime, since what would be the point of tying to win at that point? If they are not getting into the playoffs regardless of whether they win overtime at that point, they might as well let the other team win so they can move up a spot in the draft!

By denying the extra point in overtime, the rules remove the incentive to win in that situation.
Also, this isn't a Madden problem. Madden is just going by the bok of what the NFL does. I think you should be talking about this in an NFL rules thread/forum.

# 67 ChicagoChris @ 07/22/09 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaGinG TyRanT 5
Animations look smoother than before, but still needs to improve.

I just need the gameplay faster than what is shown, so I'll be selecting a faster speed for gameplay.

can't wait for tomorrow night to play the demo
Same thing i thought. Thank God it is adjustable.

# 68 bigsmallwood @ 07/22/09 10:34 PM
WTF is up with the commentary? That was a Super Bowl game winning TD by the Steelers and there was no excitement and they barely acknowledged it!!!! The teams should have also been shown going crazy!!!!

This is 2010!!!! C'mon people!!!

# 69 bigsmallwood @ 07/22/09 10:36 PM
The graphics were good though.

# 70 tonedeaf @ 07/22/09 10:39 PM
Gameplay looks good and graphics look good as it should. But i agree with many others, there is NO emotion what so ever. And what was with Hines Ward running into his teammate when he was in motion?

Minor flaws, but its a video game and EA so what do we expect? I really liked that low snap at the very beginning of the Steelers/Cards vid. Animation is ok too. Everything could be tweaked a little better, but then again im sure this isnt the final build so we dont know for sure how the game is yet.

# 71 pepp32 @ 07/22/09 10:43 PM
What time is the Deno coming to Xbox Live tomm....and by the way are both demo's coming out tom or just the one for reserved copies at gamestop. reason i ask is cause on teamxbox.com it says gold members will be able to download tom but silver have to wait until the 30th? can someone clarify

# 72 beau21 @ 07/22/09 10:52 PM
Can someone upload the videos to YouTube?

Thanks.

# 73 AC IS ART @ 07/22/09 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
And oh the cpu defender still doesn't tackle like he's attacking the ball carrier no emphasis on the tackle at all an Ian said that they added umph to the cpu tacklers you know like sudden impact.
I agree. Maybe its just toned down since its a promo vid or an early build? Either way, this game looks amazing.

# 74 Spanky @ 07/22/09 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepp32
What time is the Deno coming to Xbox Live tomm....and by the way are both demo's coming out tom or just the one for reserved copies at gamestop. reason i ask is cause on teamxbox.com it says gold members will be able to download tom but silver have to wait until the 30th? can someone clarify
Unless I'm mistaken, Gamestop preorders get the five-minute quarter Steelers-Cardinals demo while XBox gold members get the one-minute quarter Giants-Cowboys demo tomorrow at 9.

Silver members must wait until 30th for one-minute Giants-Cowboys demo. Unless they do like me and sign up for XBox live tomorrow under a different account and get the free 30-day gold membership. Works like a charm. I love sticking it to the man.

# 75 tonedeaf @ 07/22/09 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Unless I'm mistaken, Gamestop preorders get the five-minute quarter Steelers-Cardinals demo while XBox gold members get the one-minute quarter Giants-Cowboys demo tomorrow at 9.

Silver members must wait until 30th for one-minute Giants-Cowboys demo. Unless they do like me and sign up for XBox live tomorrow under a different account and get the free 30-day gold membership. Works like a charm. I love sticking it to the man.
hahaha, clever...

# 76 Champ24 @ 07/22/09 11:06 PM
Schweet game, looks amazing. Can't wait to play.

# 77 roadman @ 07/22/09 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
pass rush sucks in both videos. what build are they playing on with these videos, madden 10 is getting scary. dont get wrong its looks great but the gameplay looks mediocre at best.

gameplay is the core. without you just another game on the shelf
Maybe the question should be what videos are you looking at?

In a two minute video, Freeny was in Jacksons face every time.

In the Steelers/Cards video, Big Ben had someone nearing him a few times, but causing wild throws.

I agree, it's all about the game play. Pressure looked fine with me.

# 78 Deltron @ 07/22/09 11:18 PM
The outside pass rush still looks bad. The dends' first move tends to always take them inside to engage the OT.

Also, the LBs are still playing horrible run defense. On the Addai TD, watch how the OLB doesn't even react to the play when he should have cut Addai off -- instead he turns inside and partners up with an inside run blocker.

If those two areas were shored up we'd have a much better game on our hands.

# 79 Ankido @ 07/22/09 11:31 PM
I just want to point out the person playing the Steelers is not utilizing the pocket. He keeps dropping back too far and the pocket collapse on him. It's funny watching it because this year those Mike Vick type players are going to have a hard time scrambling.

# 80 The Art Shell Face @ 07/22/09 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
One bad thing though...

From the colts vid, it looks as though Madden Moments once again, use the current rosters, and not the actual rosters from the game.
That's what I was curious about. I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

I actually really like the Madden Moments, I think it's an awesome addition for a quick-burst session of Madden. But why aren't they using rosters from the season the moments occurred? I really don't understand that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.