Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The Wii console has thus far been a conundrum for the sports gamer. On the one hand, some of the platform's most popular games fall within the sports genre: Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, etc. On the other hand, mainstream sports games are either non-existent or seemingly a developer's afterthought on the Wii.

This year the 360/PS3 version of Madden received a ton of enhancements, improvements and press coverage. But while everyone was focusing on that version of the game, some pretty big changes were quietly taking place on the Wii side of things. A new graphical style was implemented, new modes were put in place, and some refined controls were adapted for the Wii to make Madden 10 the benchmark of team sports games on the console.

However, despite the fact that there is fun to be had, this game itself is a conundrum, a confusing mix of traditional and innovative ideas that don't always mesh.

Read More - Madden NFL 10 (Wii) Review

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FORMULA316 @ 08/28/09 07:53 AM
Other modes like Superstar and Franchise are there, but they must be unlocked and actually look like they are running in an emulator. They feel lifted from a completely different game. These modes don't seem significantly different from past incarnations either. They do retain the new graphical style, at least in-game, but feel completely like an afterthought. It's telling that you must find a code to unlock these expected modes.

Unlock a code to play Franchise? Good Lord!

# 2 sportyguyfl31 @ 08/28/09 08:53 AM
I found the wii to be a bitter let down. I traded mine in a year ago. DOnt miss it at all.

# 3 taqiyya @ 08/28/09 01:09 PM
Ya it is what it is . the Wii in our house hold is a great entertainer at parties and the kids love playing the Mario tennis and golf and all of that. Honestley can not take anything for real with the Wii so it is hard to do it with a Madden on there. At least it is something different .

# 4 bigsmallwood @ 08/28/09 01:42 PM
Madden on Wii used to be a great game. It seems that by trying to reach out to casual gamers, they are destroying the game. They are taking this casual thing too far! And its sad because the Wii had a chance to be the hottest system ever and change how we play....instead M10 is pretty much shovelware!

# 5 Michael90002002 @ 08/28/09 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Madden on Wii used to be a great game. It seems that by trying to reach out to casual gamers, they are destroying the game. They are taking this casual thing too far! And its sad because the Wii had a chance to be the hottest system ever and change how we play....instead M10 is pretty much shovelware!
Madden on the wii was never good...... I got rid of my wii because of how much i disliked madden. Wii isn't for serious gamers, its more of a gimmick than anything else.

# 6 superstarshad @ 08/31/09 12:09 AM
Honestly, I seriousle debated purchasing madden wii over the hardcore versions. At least you know you're getting a game designed from the ground up. By the way, wasn't there supposed to be a tecmo bowl released this year for wii? They announced it when they announced the DS version.

# 7 Guggy107 @ 08/31/09 02:37 AM
i wouldnt normally go out of my way to defend the wii, but i'll take a shot at it now.

i agree that the wii is certainly not for hardcore gamers. ive purchased a few games on the wii (notably a few versions of the tiger woods franchise) that have been a big disappointment. but i dont think its fair to say the wii is a totally useless console. you just have to know which games to buy on it and which games to avoid. just about any mario game is actually a lot of fun on the wii. and actually, liking mario games does not necessarily make you a "casual gamer". but yeah, ive had a lot of fun with mario kart and mario galaxy, as well as some of the wii sports games and rock band games. now that i know which games not to waste my money on on the wii (madden, for example), i enjoy it a lot more.

sorry if that was a little off topic...carry on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.