Home
FIFA 10 News Post

For those of you that can grab the FIFA Soccer 10 demo, please post your impressions here.

FIFA Soccer 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 10Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA Soccer 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Bamtino @ 09/10/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
But A.I is too big to ignore, and from what I've seen so far of the demo, fifa 10 lacks it.
You sure you downloaded the FIFA 10 demo?

The AI is clearly much improved from last year, its actually challenging this time around...Sure its not up to par with PES but its not that far behind anymore...

# 22 Tomasperez9 @ 09/10/09 05:20 PM
Have you guys noticed that Cech's and Buffon's ratings are completely out of whack? Cech is a 64 and Buffon is a 66. It doesn't seem right to me...

# 23 jaguar8311 @ 09/10/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
Have you guys noticed that Cech's and Buffon's ratings are completely out of whack? Cech is a 64 and Buffon is a 66. It doesn't seem right to me...
I thought that was just my game lol.

I am impressed, the game is smooth, still have not managed to score yet, but that is to be expected as I am making my adjustment to Manual. I love the new shooting, have had some VERY close screamers(hit the bar once) but I have developed into a bad habit of taking too many long range shots.

# 24 ElephantEyelash @ 09/10/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
First game I played as Chelsea vs Barcelona: went 0-0, and got to do penalty kicks to win (surprised this was in Demo), I stopped two of their kicks, and they blocked 1, so I won!!
I just won 9-8 (Barca vs. Marseille) in pk's on World Class, so I was kind of worried that they were too easy to score, but reading this makes me feel slightly better.

# 25 southernbelle @ 09/10/09 08:26 PM
message from London... just played about 5 games in a row... first of all... 3 minute halves so feels like a real demo (was 2min last year).

i am only going to highlight two things.

first, lob passes work amazing. harder, lower, faster, more reliable... enough said. needed to be fixed. it is...

second, skilled dribbling. uh oh... are you kidding? when you guys finally get your hands on the demo, do this one thing. get the ball to messi near the corner. press L2+R2 (skilled)... then see how you can shift and maneuver. in 2009 technical players could never get out of tight jams, they were always bullied by the bigger guys... this year, wow... messi will be a beast. its so fluid its amazing.

have to say didnt notice 360 drib that much but they say you cant go back... so i will go back.

this is going to be a sick year for the footie!!

# 26 vthallman @ 09/10/09 08:41 PM
I'm loving it so far. I was never able to score a goal like this in '09!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9117211

# 27 Peji911 @ 09/10/09 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vthallman
I'm loving it so far. I was never able to score a goal like this in '09!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/9117211
Really?

Most of my goals from 09 were from outside the box. Hard shots, accuracy shots. High schot, low shots. Most though, were further.

Congratulations, makes for a much better gaming experience!

# 28 Whitesox @ 09/10/09 09:53 PM
Just scored my first goal, Playing as Barca against Chelsea. The video doesn't do the goal justice, I couldn't figure out how to get it to show the setup for the goal instead of the celebration afterwards.

Anyway, came off a long throw-in, headed to Xavi, he beats a defender and rifles it into the top right corner.

Loving the demo so far, it's looking like this will justify a purchase.

# 29 Bruins @ 09/10/09 10:31 PM
My first goal:

Never scored a goal like that on '09.

# 30 Bahnzo @ 09/10/09 10:47 PM
After playing about 6 games, it's hard to see any BIG improvement over 09. The much touted 360 dribbling doesn't really seem that noticeable, but it is there. Build up play seems better than before, if you choose to play that way. But passing to the wings and cutting in a cross is still the play of the game. The AI never tried to build up play and instead goes either for a quick pass up the middle, or a cross from the wings. The pace of the game is better than 09..it's slowed a bit and last year's super defense (where everyone was Rio Ferdinand) is toned down. Still, players don't seem to have any momentum at all and turn on a dime and change directions with no loss whatsoever.

And still, old problems persist. Fouls are still almost non-existent. I had two free kicks in three games. Once I played a nice dribble past the last defenseman, only to have him wheel on a dime and stick out his leg and take me down....no call.

Your AI teammates stand there and wait for the pass...and then watch as the CPU defender pushes past them to steal it. This has been going on for years now, and still hasn't been fixed?

Not overly impressed so far. It's a small step forward from 09, and I'm sure if manager mode has been revamped then you can add that as well. But gameplay is still mediocre at best, sadly.

# 31 BTB @ 09/10/09 10:55 PM
Have you guys seen this video? Just checking. Try the moves if not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xMrS8FUX4&feature=sub

# 32 TreyIM2 @ 09/10/09 11:04 PM
I downloaded it earlier this afternoon from the EU PSN store and after playing it a while, it seems very much like last year's demo, but I'm admittedly not a big soccer fan and I only have played the Fifa demos the past few years.

Either way, I like how the game feels with the momentum, animations and controls. It's a beautiful game, imo, but I can see how when someone is used to play the game year after year that this demo can seem underwhelming when nothing gigantic, gameplay wise, was changed, for the changes to be notable.

# 33 Whitesox @ 09/10/09 11:25 PM
FIFASKILLS up to his old tricks I see. Great, I didn't know about those. Can't wait to try. Thanks!

# 34 Bruins @ 09/10/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
FIFASKILLS up to his old tricks I see. Great, I didn't know about those. Can't wait to try. Thanks!
That's not FIFASKILLS, that's Marius Hjerpseth: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hjerpseth

# 35 Whitesox @ 09/10/09 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
That's not FIFASKILLS, that's Marius Hjerpseth: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hjerpseth
Guess it's both.

EDIT: I read the discription. Looks like most was made by Hjerpseth

# 36 Matt Diesel @ 09/11/09 01:05 AM
Im not really one to take impressions from as my soccer knowledge is minimal, but it feels better than 2009. The controls are more responsive, curved runs add a ton and the AI is actually not too bad, for my skill level of course.

# 37 boritter @ 09/11/09 02:44 AM
Quote:
- The new foul/tackling/muscling system adds a whole new element to the game.
- Quick free kicks!
- You have much more control over your players
I agree. I'm not sure if it's the 360 degree control or the addition of RT + LT but I feel like I have a lot more control over my players. Skill moves actually work.

And I really like the slow speed setting -- it seems more realistic.

# 38 adun_79 @ 09/11/09 06:52 AM
Quote:
How so? What does it say? I created a Euro account (Germany) and it allowed me to download it easily (except for the fact I had to navigate through an all German dashboard to find FIFA10!).
UK is right above US and you scrolled all the way up to Germany, smh

# 39 demencia_total @ 09/11/09 08:33 AM
After playing about 8 games on the demo, my impressions are mostly good.

Positives:

- The AI seems much improved. They are a lot more patient in keeping the ball and creating possession, as well as in chance creation. I haven't seen any hasty shots outside the box by them which were the norm in 09. Also, I tested a CPU vs CPU and it actually developed quite nicely: it was Barca vs Bayern, and while Barcelona controlled possession (as they often do in real life), Bayern won 1-0 with a beautiful counter attack that left Mario Gomez (I think) facing Valdes 1 on 1 and scoring on a lob shot. Awesome.

- The player switching logic on defence seems to be better. I struggled the past two years trying to get to the right defenders in a lot of situations, but now the switches seem to make more sense. It seems that no longer I am stuck on a defender in certain canned situations that were the norm in 09. Need to study this for longer though.

- There seems to be a noticeable difference between the top clubs and the lesser ratings ones. I felt that in 09, even with the introduction of the tactical sliders, most clubs had a very similar feeling and playing style. I played with the Chicago Fire vs Barcelona and I struggled to keep possession as they were faster and more skilled in trapping me with their stingy pressure. This is another thing that I want to study for a longer, but it seems a positive so far.

- 360 dribbling is a godsend, but what I absolutely ADORE is the movement on defence without the ball. It's so much easier to keep marking a defender up close without rushing him. Even when they completely change directions you can keep close, which was almost impossible to do in 09.

- The ball seems to behave more realistically in the air, specially in crosses which carry a lot of curve and speed. Haven't really tested free kicks yet though.

- The AI no longer aces every pass. Last year it was a pain playing in Manual against the CPU because their passes were ALWAYS on target, but it seems that now they will make mistakes in terms of power and misdirection. Loving it!

Negatives:

- There still seems to be a delay of input on certain situations. It's not as bad as it was in 08 and 09, but I've noticed it a few times. Also, sometimes you will press to clear the ball but the defender gets stuck in an animation and the input is ignored. Again, doesn't seem to happen as often as before, but its still there sometimes.

- The AI still insists on pressuring way up the field, even with the lesser clubs. I saw the Fire pressuring Barcelona deep into the backline, which often left them really exposed for counter attacks considering the superior tactical and physical ability of their opponents. The game was 0-0 and it wasn't late in the game, so it looked really out of place.

- I noticed that I couldn't change my Offensive/Defensive mindset during corner kicks. In 09 by moving the slider to the offensive side, it would bring the defenders up for the corners. Maybe this is controlled in a different manner this year with the addition of the set play creator, so its probably not a big deal.

- Rushing the ball handler with a defender is still sometimes a little too effective for my taste. This is a minor complaint at the moment because I haven't played that much, so I might be overreacting, but sometimes it seems that the defender comes running at full speed from afar and can steal the ball with much too ease without fouling the ball handler.

I am still undecided on other things, but I am really digging the AI so far. I'm really struggling playing in Manual at moment with the new adjustments to dribbling, passing and shooting, so I did most of my playing on the Semi settings. Hopefully by the time the game comes out I'll have it down.

# 40 Tomasperez9 @ 09/11/09 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adun_79
UK is right above US and you scrolled all the way up to Germany, smh
I just followed the directions I found after googleing it. It said Germany or Japan (nothing else) and they gave the zip codes for each. Oh well. I don't have to use that account anymore.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.