Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Patch #1 for Madden NFL 10 is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
"What's in the first title update:

Added Super Bowl and Playoff Field conditions for Online Franchise
Fixed False Start Grieving issues with Online games
Fixed video player issue where video would hang on latent connections
Improved uploaded highlight quality
Switched ranked online games to 7 min Q's
Fixed random stability issues
Added Broadcast Cam!

Gameplay Specific fixes:

Tuned slider effectiveness (Run blocking and broken tackles esp.)
Changes run blocking slider to not effect special teams
Made fatigue effect ratings more
Fixed WR release to where receivers release to both sides
Fixed incorrect spotting on punts out of bounds
Reduced/removed holding on kicking plays
Improved toe drag catch logic
Improved pursuit angles for outside running plays
Fixed defenders in pursuit running away from O-Line
Better play recognition in man coverage
Fixed double pass online exploit"

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 441 RogueHominid @ 10/03/09 09:55 AM
I really am enjoying the small bit of drama added by the improved sideline stuff. The cutscene is small where the refs discuss in or out of bounds issues, but it adds a moment of suspense and thereby some drama to the game.

I like it!

# 442 slthree @ 10/03/09 01:18 PM
I said it earlier when I addressed my boy Bcruise: The little glitchy thing that happens on long runs is not a game killer for me. It happens rarely and doesn't alter the result of the play.

Do I wish it wasn't there. yes. But, I'm pretty happy with the rest of the gameplay save one thing:

It seems a little tougher to get pressure.

# 443 Spanky @ 10/04/09 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo
Come on madden team...show some pride in your freaking work.
You hit on the head there.

As much as this game is a huge improvement over the abomination that was 09 and is a really fun game to play and looks fantastic, the attention to detail is alarmingly bad. Instead of touting silly, little things like handwarmers and towels, they needed to put out a patch that didn't mess up the KO returns and the in-game graphic for team facts.

Also noticed a couple of other little things post-patch. After some penalties, you'll see the referee but won't hear what the penalty is and the accept/decline screen doesn't show up. I had one review where the ref announced the ruling was overturned, but in fact it wasn't.

There is no way they could have possibly overlooked these issues, as they jump out at you, especially the KO returns. The fact that they allowed them to get through shows a disappointing lack of pride in their work.

# 444 DJ @ 10/04/09 10:45 PM
Don't know if it's coincidence or what but post-patch, I've been picking up a lot more sacks on the CPU. I control a MLB (Foote on Det) so I leave it up to my CPU-controlled teammates to generate a pass rush. In my first season, I was last in sacks by a wide margin but in Year 2 (pre-season), that's not the case.

Still really enjoying the game; a vast improvement from 06-09.

# 445 RogueHominid @ 10/05/09 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I finally saw the "slowdown" glitch thingy.

I handed off to Jamal Lewis, he broke thru the middle, and was on his way for a 66 yd score........open field......wait, he paused. Then paused again....and again.......and was tackled at the 5 yd. line. Energy was good, as he was just put back into the game.
This has happened to Ted Ginn repeatedly in the open field when nobody should be able to catch him. It literally feels like a tractor beam sucking you into a trailing defender.

I don't mind getting caught, but I hate getting caught that way, as it feel like the CPU wants the pursuing defender to lock on regardless of ratings.

I didn't notice this before the patch--is there consensus that it's a patch-related phenomenon?

# 446 Ænima @ 10/06/09 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind
This has happened to Ted Ginn repeatedly in the open field when nobody should be able to catch him. It literally feels like a tractor beam sucking you into a trailing defender.

I don't mind getting caught, but I hate getting caught that way, as it feel like the CPU wants the pursuing defender to lock on regardless of ratings.

I didn't notice this before the patch--is there consensus that it's a patch-related phenomenon?
It's the patch. I never saw this before the patch and I played probably 100+ games on and offline. I also never had framerate problems and I've had a number of games where the framerate dipped from time to time.

I'm holding out hope that all of this crap gets fixed in Patch 2 so I can start an offline franchise...but even then if the simmed stats are still terrible I don't see the point.

# 447 slthree @ 10/06/09 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autumn Wind

Yeah, I think it is definitely related to the patch. I never experienced this before the patch and it seems like most who are reporting it are in the same boat.

Still, it doesn't bother me that much.

What I would like to see is better pass rushing from elite d-linemen. Last night was a perfect frame of reference for EA. That's what should happen when an offensive line has poor ratings and a defensive line has 3 pro bowlers.

# 448 43Chargers4Now @ 10/09/09 10:47 PM
Well even if someone has all ready said this, Throwing to the flats still needs to be fixed up... sideline catches are alright now but I still don't think they look or work perfect.

# 449 tribefanisu2003 @ 10/13/09 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You hit on the head there.

As much as this game is a huge improvement over the abomination that was 09 and is a really fun game to play and looks fantastic, the attention to detail is alarmingly bad. Instead of touting silly, little things like handwarmers and towels, they needed to put out a patch that didn't mess up the KO returns and the in-game graphic for team facts.

Also noticed a couple of other little things post-patch. After some penalties, you'll see the referee but won't hear what the penalty is and the accept/decline screen doesn't show up. I had one review where the ref announced the ruling was overturned, but in fact it wasn't.

There is no way they could have possibly overlooked these issues, as they jump out at you, especially the KO returns. The fact that they allowed them to get through shows a disappointing lack of pride in their work.
Looks like it's already been mentioned, but in my Browns chise, I'm getting Bengals facts now. Just thought I'd add my name to the list.

# 450 RedmanR @ 10/13/09 12:55 PM
I got another dumb question guys... how do I download the patch

I went online via PS3 and I think I got a roster update but once I elected to play a game... offline and online, I went to options to test the broadcast cam and I didn't have that camera option. I don't even notice a change in gameplay or anything

# 451 Bellsprout @ 10/22/09 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I got another dumb question guys... how do I download the patch

I went online via PS3 and I think I got a roster update but once I elected to play a game... offline and online, I went to options to test the broadcast cam and I didn't have that camera option. I don't even notice a change in gameplay or anything
It should ask you to download the patch right when the game starts up. That's what happened on mine. I didn't even get to the "EA Sports. It's In the Game" video before it asked me to download the patch.

# 452 bigdfan76 @ 10/23/09 02:01 PM
When is patch #2 supposed to be released? It'll be the halfway mark of the season soon. I'm starting my 5th season as the Cowboys in offline franchise and having fun playing. Will we have to start our franchise over to take advantage of the effects? I heard one fix is the messed up tackles stats? is this true? Will we have to start a new franchise to take advantage of this fix?

# 453 matt8204 @ 10/23/09 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
When is patch #2 supposed to be released? It'll be the halfway mark of the season soon. I'm starting my 5th season as the Cowboys in offline franchise and having fun playing. Will we have to start our franchise over to take advantage of the effects? I heard one fix is the messed up tackles stats? is this true? Will we have to start a new franchise to take advantage of this fix?
Supposedly no earlier than November 1st. They haven't set a concrete date yet though. I think they're trying to fix as much as possible before releasing it because I don't think they can have another patch after this one.

# 454 bigdfan76 @ 10/23/09 09:49 PM
^^^Thanks matt sounds good, can't wait.

# 455 LingeringRegime @ 10/24/09 12:22 PM
Maybe after November 1st, I can start my season. And testing sliders all over again.

Forget it.

# 456 patssox2004 @ 10/25/09 06:02 PM
Do you have to have internet access, or can you just use a flashdrive to get the updates?

# 457 blklightning @ 10/25/09 08:20 PM
november first for patch two? hmm, i wonder how much this game is used. hopefully less than 50 dollars- a lower price would be another benefit of waiting for both patches before purchasing the game.

# 458 cowboy_kmoney @ 10/26/09 03:45 PM
Does anyone know whats going to be in patch 2.? I mean have they said what will b in this one.

# 459 bigdfan76 @ 10/26/09 04:04 PM
I would also like to have an idea on what is confirmed to be in patch#2. I would mainly llike to know about the tackles stat glitch. Is it going to be fixed? Do you have to start your franchise over to get this or any other fix to work? The tackles thing is really the only thing getting on my nerves. Great game. I am really enjoying Madden this year. I'm in my 5th season with the Cowboys so I really don't want to start over.

# 460 03MstGT290 @ 10/28/09 06:55 PM
still no word on the release of patch 2 from anyone in EA.

It is starting to get ridiculous.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.