Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

ESPN caught up with NBA Live 10 online producer, Garreth Reeder, as they talk about Dynamic Season.

Quote:
ESPN: "Why spend more time developing Dynamic Season mode as opposed to upgrading the game's Dynasty mode? Is there more demand from gamers to play along with the real season as opposed to creating their own season from scratch?"

Garreth: "Last year, Dynamic DNA was a big feature for us with all of the daily rosters and stats, but people told us, while they loved getting all of the updates and all of the changes, they didn't have any way to actually play with it other than a Play Now game or a Quick game. We had a lot of guys saying that they wished EA could merge Dynasty mode with DNA and the daily roster updates. So from the beginning of the year, we had a real desire to deliver a mode that really ties you into what's happening every day in the real NBA season. We're really looking at it as something for the fan of "NBA Live" who is just such a big fan of the NBA that following the games, following their favorite teams in real life isn't enough. This mode gives them a way to play along with real life and change what they want to change with the season."

ESPN's Gamer Jon Robinson battles Dwight Howard in an "NBA Live 10" grudge match

Quote:
"Dwight Howard's muscles flex with the strength of "Fight Night." That's right, why go to the gym when you can train in your hotel room using an Xbox 360?

"What I do is play 'Fight Night,' and after every round, I do pushups. After every knockout, I do pushups," Howard says with a smile as he looks down at his Hulkamania-esque pythons. "That was my summer routine when I was overseas. That's how I stay in shape. 'Fight Night' and pushups. What else do you need?"

I'm talking to Howard at EA Sports' Vancouver studio as we prepare for a one-on-one showdown on "NBA Live 10." A challenge EA threw down, to see whether I had enough game to beat their cover boy, and it was an opportunity that I just couldn't pass up.

In hopes of prompting flashbacks to Howard's Finals loss, Robinson took on the Magic as the L.A. Lakers.

I knew Howard would play as Orlando, so actually I spent a week playing my preview build on the hardest difficulty against the Magic in order to scout his crew. I figure I'd play as the Lakers just to get the thought of losing in the Finals back in his brain."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tanner99 @ 09/30/09 06:37 PM
good find!!

# 2 RayDog253 @ 09/30/09 07:25 PM
Great read.

# 3 CMH @ 09/30/09 07:28 PM
ESPN: What about the poor Seattle fans. Can you manipulate reality enough to move the Sonics back home?
Garreth Reed: [laughs] It's funny, I was on the boards the other day and this one guy had in his signature, "Depressed Sonics fan". I told him, "You know what, in Dynamic Season, you can play all of those Oklahoma City games and use the Sonics throwback uniforms for every game." You'll still be on the Oklahoma City court, but at least you can have that Seattle feel to it if you want.

It's possible someone else had a similar signature, but this could be one of our guys here.

# 4 RayDog253 @ 09/30/09 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride
ESPN: What about the poor Seattle fans. Can you manipulate reality enough to move the Sonics back home?
Garreth Reed: [laughs] It's funny, I was on the boards the other day and this one guy had in his signature, "Depressed Sonics fan". I told him, "You know what, in Dynamic Season, you can play all of those Oklahoma City games and use the Sonics throwback uniforms for every game." You'll still be on the Oklahoma City court, but at least you can have that Seattle feel to it if you want.

It's possible someone else had a similar signature, but this could be one of our guys here.

# 5 tanner99 @ 09/30/09 07:42 PM
lmao that used to be your signature raydog?

# 6 RayDog253 @ 09/30/09 08:01 PM
No, not exactly, but here is the post I think Iminurbase(Garreth) was referring to.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040193616

# 7 tanner99 @ 09/30/09 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
No, not exactly, but here is the post I think Iminurbase(Garreth) was referring to.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040193616
ohh haha. youre famous now

# 8 RayDog253 @ 09/30/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
ohh haha. youre famous now
Lol, I wish, well not really.

# 9 lakers4life @ 09/30/09 08:18 PM
J-Rob is the man, I remember reading his articles on IGN back in the day

# 10 iminurbase @ 09/30/09 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
word

# 11 JkA3 @ 10/03/09 08:58 AM
Pretty cool

# 12 Glenn33 @ 10/03/09 10:58 AM
I so look forward to this mode. I honestly think evryone just doesn't grasp how awesome this is becasue we are not used to it. We are used to playing our standard season in matter of weeks (and for some people days) so the concept of playing out a franchise with the real regular season is just foreign to us. But the more I think aboout it - the more excited I get. It's gonna be fun.

# 13 bigdfan76 @ 10/04/09 03:56 PM
So I think I understand this. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's dynamic "season" not dynamic "dynasty"? So it's 1 year and done right? You can play anygame you want with what ever roster/dna update was in place for that game. You could say control the Spurs only for 82 games if you want? You have to wait for the real life game to be played or not? Whatever happens in the real NBA happens in dynamic season, right? So if Kobe breaks his leg and his career is over than in dynamic season The Black Mamba is done. Bad example I know.. Spurs fan sorry. I have a question which may belong in a different thread. I remember last year whatever DNA update you took into dynasty mode was the one you were "stuck" with. It never evolved. Obviously the roster would change depending what happened in your dynasty, depending on trades and FA movment. But for example Ginobili's pick and roll would remain very high even if you controlled the Spurs and decided to make him a spot up shooter later on in the end of his career. Just an example but you see what I mean? It would NEVER change. I believe one of the devs told me this would change in Live10. Dynamic season is not exactly what I was looking for. It's a great feature and I can see myself enjoying it some but it's only 1 season not a dynasty.

# 14 bigdfan76 @ 10/04/09 05:07 PM
Sorry I just saw the the link for the article. I have a better understanding now. Still some questions are unanswered so any feedback/info would be appreciated. It IS 1 season right? cause it's along with real life so it HAS to be 1 season plus the playoffs, right?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.