Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

2K Sports has announced the patch details for NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"Hey 2Kers,

Just an update to let everyone know that we have completed the Xbox 360 version of the patch. As promised, you will find the patch details below. The items in bold are items that have also been addressed in a new version of the PS3 patch (I've updated that thread with the appropriate information).

To answer a question that I have received many queries about, these patches do NOT require you to restart your Associations and My Player careers. Good luck with your players and teams!

SimBaller"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 d0uble_ar0c @ 10/22/09 02:33 AM
I'm not sure if this was addressed, but will the AI for defense be patched? I read through the fixes, but didn't see anything...

I'm talking about the unnecessary defensive switches-and/or-help, that usually leaves an opposing man wide open.

# 162 Sarah @ 10/22/09 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0uble_ar0c
I'm not sure if this was addressed, but will the AI for defense be patched? I read through the fixes, but didn't see anything...

I'm talking about the unnecessary defensive switches-and/or-help, that usually leaves an opposing man wide open.
The auto double team will be fixed. Thats is one of the first main issue that pop up when the game was officially release aside from framerate.
Oh, and can somebody tell the 2K to stop buying servers from the Dollar Tree store, Salvation Army and Goodwill? With all its problem you'd think they got thier servers from the garbage.

# 163 marc68 @ 10/22/09 07:19 AM
WOW...Maybe I should just get Live.

# 164 STLRams @ 10/22/09 08:31 AM
Pared mentioned that this should be addressed along with some other defensive stuff that wasn't mentioned for some odd reason.

# 165 kevin23 @ 10/22/09 08:35 AM
So where were the frame rate issues prioritized on last year when trying to decide between before game, after game release, or next year? Looks like they put it on the year after next list. This game is extremely disappointing when it comes to gameplay. I sold Madden to have money to buy this and now I want Madden instead. Does anybody know if the PS3 patch should be released at the same time as the 360 or is it going to take even longer?

# 166 Pete1210 @ 10/22/09 09:27 AM
The list of fixes is huge. Any one else worry that one patch can really properly fix all those issues?
I am most hoping for the framerate, online and the my player fixes.

# 167 iRebound @ 10/22/09 09:35 AM
- Ranked game difficulty has been changed to SuperStar for Team-Up games.

What about a regular online ranked match? I thought regular ranked match is in Pro difficulty??

# 168 Pared @ 10/22/09 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I have have just got started getting them on quick games. It freezes everytime at the pre-game intros.
This has to do with the profile. Delete it and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
then score 1 for 2Ks weird priorities in terms of Communication, again.

Or they left it off the list on purpose because they havenīt been able to fix it convincingly.
...or the list was already long enough and it got cut out. What does it matter, it's in the patch and it's being addressed. The list did say "and many other fixes."

Instead of appreciating the fact that we're apart of a community that can get clarification on things like that, we take a shot at their team once again? I would have never got the answer to the defensive question last year or the year before.

Of course I'll come off like a fanboy with this statement but the short memories here astound me sometimes. 2k has delivered lengthy patch descriptions for at least the past 3 years.

C'mon fellas. Keep this up, and the devs won't even bother. They're always in a lose-lose situation.

Some of you guys on OS need to cut the act of "entitled gamer." Really making us look like a bunch of grumpy old men who will never be pleased.

# 169 iRebound @ 10/22/09 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
I know it's nit-picky, but I wonder if the patch will be able to fix the Lakers paint color and the Bulls bench being on the wrong side at home games? Simballer stated there were a pretty good amount of other improvements in this patch that weren't mentioned in the announcement.
glad i wasn't the only one to notice that

# 170 Pared @ 10/22/09 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
And itīs really not like iīm on an agenda or anything, although iīll definitely look over my own posts to check if itīs been bad and dial it down accordingly.
I don't want you to dial anything back. I know you're not posting with an agenda or anything, and it sucks for guys who have been frustrated through the years. But I think everyone can see the slow change in communication going on with this company, starting this year. The NBA team seems to be leading the way.

It's like chastising a child for walking when you've seen them run and fall.

It's more just an overall tone and mindset we're trying to change here at OS. We can have our demands met/feelings heard without downing anyone/group in the process all at the same time. That just makes us look bad as a community.

# 171 drewbaby1414 @ 10/22/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1210
The list of fixes is huge. Any one else worry that one patch can really properly fix all those issues?
I am most hoping for the framerate, online and the my player fixes.
Pete I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how effective this patch will be. I am not real familiar with Patches in console sports games though.

# 172 Vast @ 10/22/09 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It is strange that they left those defensive fixes out of the patch list, because along with the shooting percentages and contact in the paint, it was the most important thing that needed to be fixed, IMO.

I was pleased with the list before, but now I'm ecstatic. The My Player minutes thing is the only sore spot for me. I agree with the mindset that they made some poor design choices for the mode.

We know that for a myriad of reasons 2K chooses not to involve the community in any of the early implementation of modes and features, but this is an occasion where early feedback from the community could have led to the mode not having as many of those first year flaws that most new modes do.

Oh, well It is what it is.
great post once again.

I would absolutely love if 2k could act like the Madden team in regards to community feedback.

example. Hey guys this is Simballer, were thinking of making a my player mode, if we did what do you think we should include?

Something along those lines. But i know EXACTLY why they dont and Madden can..... its called competition.

And unfortunately for us it forces 2k to Limit community interactivity during the game making process.

# 173 Bornindamecca @ 10/22/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Some of you guys on OS need to cut the act of "entitled gamer." Really making us look like a bunch of grumpy old men who will never be pleased.
That can be a blurry line though. If there is something about the game that you don't like, or that you don't think is sim, then whatever. You can complain but you're not entitled to having it changed to suit your needs. In that sense, you're right.

However, when servers don't allow people to play online, freezes prevent a game mode from functioning or bugs change the very nature of the experience, people are entitled to have their product repaired, or return it flat out.

People do need to realize that 2k is not a person, but a team, and that some members of the team have no control over some things. In this sense, 2k members can only communicate what they think will happen, but may not have been the cause or solution for certain issues.

All the same, people are entitled to a working product. If an issue prevents the game from working as promised(or as games work according to the standard of the industry), the consumer has indeed been denied what they are entitled to receive upon the agreement of purchase.

# 174 jeebs9 @ 10/22/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
great post once again.

I would absolutely love if 2k could act like the Madden team in regards to community feedback.

example. Hey guys this is Simballer, were thinking of making a my player mode, if we did what do you think we should include?

Something along those lines. But i know EXACTLY why they dont and Madden can..... its called competition.

And unfortunately for us it forces 2k to Limit community interactivity during the game making process.

Exactly....EA is such a huge company. They can afford it.

# 175 drewbaby1414 @ 10/22/09 11:41 AM
Now that I have the Nogster Roster I am really wanting to start my association. I think that I will have to hold off until the patch is released as I would like the player progression/shot tendencies/Player Moral/Contract issues patched before I roll into it.

I really hope a dev. can shed some light about this and if the patch would allow us to continue in our association.

If not I guess I will have to wait until December when the patch comes out. Patch is coming in first part of December correct?

# 176 jeebs9 @ 10/22/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
That can be a blurry line though. If there is something about the game that you don't like, or that you don't think is sim, then whatever. You can complain but you're not entitled to having it changed to suit your needs. In that sense, you're right.

However, when servers don't allow people to play online, freezes prevent a game mode from functioning or bugs change the very nature of the experience, people are entitled to have their product repaired, or return it flat out.

People do need to realize that 2k is not a person, but a team, and that some members of the team have no control over some things. In this sense, 2k members can only communicate what they think will happen, but may not have been the cause or solution for certain issues.

All the same, people are entitled to a working product. If an issue prevents the game from working as promised(or as games work according to the standard of the industry), the consumer has indeed been denied what they are entitled to receive upon the agreement of purchase.
QFT

# 177 drewbaby1414 @ 10/22/09 11:56 AM
I went to the 2K10 website/forum. They stated that the patch details have been updated for the Xbox but I can't seem to find them.

Maybe they are just the same. Not sure.

Does anyone know what the difference in the two patches are?

# 178 BroMontana82 @ 10/22/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Great read. Here's my problem with this though. 20 out of 20 testers must have noticed the framerate issues. NBA 2k10 is easily my favorite bball game to date but I'm sick of this under resourced, short development excuse crap. I can accept players teleporting once and a while or defence not double teaming the right way, stuff like that. I can understand how stuff like that could be missed or considered low priority. I have no problem waiting on the patch for that stuff But waiting 2 months for a patch that fixes the most glaring issue, the framerate, some accountability needs to be taken here. I don't want to see an article like ^^^^^ Just tell me u effed up and we will move on. I have to wait and enjoy this awesome game till mid - end November? that's garbage. It's like putting unwrapped presents for your kids under the tree in November. Sorry kids you can't play with that xbox 360 till December 25th. Sorry guys I'm just tired of crap like this. Accountability!!
yeah i agree about the framerate. i understand where they are coming from and the testers and short dev. cycles, but it's interesting that this was passed over as it was one of the major issues last year at release and even after the patch when they said it was fixed. plain and simple, it wasn't fixed. for it to still be a problem this year points towards some sort of upper management decision to pass over the problem and focus on other things until people got really frustrated. either that, or it was tough to find a good fix without affecting anything else. who knows, but it would be interesting to hear about or know the real truth behind things like this.

# 179 Pared @ 10/22/09 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

You're right. I wish people would take the stance that they have, however, and stop acting like you're defending the casual consumer.

You can work around pretty much most of your issues, can you not? If you're here on OS, you're an informed gamer. You know they're patching X, Y and Z. What does that make you when you keep complaining about it?

Old school members here worked with developers in making our games better, not telling them what to do. It's that latter mindset and not the former that is permeating the community now, for some unknown reason.

I remember you saying in the Live forum that time was something they certainly did not have enough of. The same can probably be said here. It seems like the patch will prove that, and we as a community of knowledgeable gamers to understand that. (EDIT: And carry ourselves as such.)

# 180 RumbleCard @ 10/22/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
I went to the 2K10 website/forum. They stated that the patch details have been updated for the Xbox but I can't seem to find them.

Maybe they are just the same. Not sure.

Does anyone know what the difference in the two patches are?
This is a good question. I can't find anything other than the original ps3 thread with tidbits about the 360. I was thinking that the stat overlays in franchise being wrong is 360 related because I didn't see it mentioned in the ps3 thread.

Half the time those stat overlays read (So and so had 0 points against the Heat last night) When I know I just put up 21.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.