Home
NCAA Basketball 10 News Post

November 5, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that a playable demo of NCAA® Basketball 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Gamers can play out the storied rivalry between Duke and 2009 National Champion, University of North Carolina, presented with full CBS broadcast integration. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members on November 12th, 2009 and on the PlayStation® Network on November 19th, 2009.

NCAA Basketball 10 captures all the energy and excitement that is unique to college basketball. The latest edition of the number one selling college basketball franchise* has experienced a renewed focus on gameplay improvement, and features a deeper concentration on team styles of play. NCAA Basketball 10 has also revolutionized the presentation of sports video games by fully integrating CBS and ESPN broadcast features.

NCAA Basketball 10, which is licensed by The Collegiate Licensing Company, is currently in development under the EA SPORTS™ brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., and will be available in North America on November 18th. The game will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. For more information, please visit http://www.ncaa-basketball.easports.com.

NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
NCAA Basketball 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Tomba @ 11/06/09 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I guess if you just want to admire the graphics only.

I'm not a graphics whore.....i'm a game play whore and i want to see college players looking and moving like atheletic kids not guys in wheelchairs with robot movement.

I saw nothing out of UNC that resembles UNC's style of play. But hey maybe a guy who just wants to pick it up and play won't care about those things.

CPU AI is also terrible IMO. I can call a basic zone and they get flustered and start turning the ball over like highschool kids

For me the games fun...last year NO heck no years before that nope as well grew tired of em' this year i'm just liking the fun aspect. if i want sim i know exactly where to go.

I'm holding out til the retail to really see whats up but right now it's just plain fun AND simple.

I've already said why i think collegiate sports can not be done sim like in video games as opposed to pro sports already. pointless.

It plays how it plays i know exactly what kind of game they were going for. and trust me i heralded for more realistic and stat like play but they were going another direction entirely and they nailed it on that fact alone.

# 142 23 @ 11/06/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
Not a first day buy but a rental thats it......im keeping my loot in my pocket on this one........

Was that in response to me?

I didnt ask anyone if they were buying the game

# 143 Playmakers @ 11/06/09 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
For me the games fun...last year NO heck no years before that nope as well grew tired of em' this year i'm just liking the fun aspect. if i want sim i know exactly where to go.

I'm holding out til the retail to really see whats up but right now it's just plain fun AND simple.

I've already said why i think collegiate sports can not be done sim like in video games as opposed to pro sports already. pointless.

It plays how it plays i know exactly what kind of game they were going for. and trust me i heralded for more realistic and stat like play but they were going another direction entirely and they nailed it on that fact alone.
I'm confused

Why wouldn't college sports be good if it was treated with a SIM like approach?

Are you saying power house teams like UNC and Duke shouldn't play authentic or true to their style of play?

You think All-Americans should be no better than the 10th or 12th guy?

I'm confused because it seems like your saying if you want SIM style play you'll play Live 10 and if you want to just pick up and have fun style play you go with NCAA 10.

I didn't realize both versions couldn't be a SIM style......and to be honest that word SIM is kinda overated in Live 10 to be honest with you.

# 144 IowaAJ @ 11/06/09 05:02 PM
I like the game it really makes you play real basketball where you have to swing the ball around the perimeter. The only thing I don't like is when ever your in the paint that steal animation other then that I will be buying it on the first day. Also I noticed when I quite the demo that it said a feature Dynamic RPI and stats what do you guys think this means. Hopefully we will get some info on this feature I love the demo and can't wait to play with the Hawkeyes.

# 145 Jamin23 @ 11/06/09 05:26 PM
It seems like the majority of people are disappointed with this game.

# 146 23 @ 11/06/09 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I know crowd does not even cheer when you have a breakaway dunk either, truely pathetic.

I only played like 3 choppy games last night but if you guys are expecting the gusto of audio from a demo youre crazy.

# 147 green94 @ 11/06/09 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I only played like 3 choppy games last night but if you guys are expecting the gusto of audio from a demo youre crazy.
Agreed, typically demos are stripped of most audio because it makes the demo bulkier.

(IE Madden 10)

# 148 23 @ 11/06/09 06:37 PM
Dude the audio takes away too much space and im sure its not going to be retail accurate. Thats why its a stripped down demo, but whatever.

Continue to be disappointed from not finding your crowd fix in a 200mb DL

# 149 23 @ 11/06/09 07:37 PM
You need to ask EA that, but to expect it to work like a retail is ridiculous

# 150 sinkdog @ 11/06/09 08:49 PM
I just played 4 games and I must say I'm completely disappointed. This game is very robotic and unrealistic.

Someone said it a few pages back, the PG can do the same things the C can. It just seems artificial with no identity. I honestly can't tell the difference between players - and I'm a big college basketball fan. All the players seem very generic.

I also can't tell which player has the ball when I'm dribbling..it's very hard to read. Also, still no name underneath the player when the CPU has the ball either.

A big disappointment. I will not purchase this game nor rent it.....sorry!

# 151 jdr4693 @ 11/06/09 09:26 PM
can we import our own mp3 school chants and noises?

# 152 Behindshadows @ 11/06/09 09:28 PM
Nothing is robotic about this game.....robots don't move like people. I know it's missing a few animations or at least less than the competition. It's a different gameplay engine and I admit they are missing a few animations. But to keep using this robot term is just getting out of hand.

Game plays pretty good and it's smooth. But to say anything outside of that is insane.

Demo is average at best, but I'm not seeing much of anything on a negative aspect though. I mean I don't expect much from a short demo.

Game is much improved over 09 and it was very good game.

# 153 Behindshadows @ 11/06/09 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I don't see how you can say 09 was a good game, the dynasty was horrendous, but its your opinion so to all his own
So now you jump from animations to Dynasty...wtf is the world coming too.

I swear some people are just continuing to seek something wrong with this game.

Game is good enough said! And yes NCAA Basketball was a very good game, and I didn't mind Dynasty mode at all, played through 4 seasons, before I stopped. To each of their own of what they expect to come from it. But last year, NCAA Basketball 09 was the best basketball that year. Out of all titles released, it was my favorite of the 4.

# 154 HustlinOwl @ 11/06/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
So now you jump from animations to Dynasty...wtf is the world coming too.

I swear some people are just continuing to seek something wrong with this game.

Game is good enough said! And yes NCAA Basketball was a very good game, and I didn't mind Dynasty mode at all, played through 4 seasons, before I stopped. To each of their own of what they expect to come from it. But last year, NCAA Basketball 09 was the best basketball that year. Out of all titles released, it was my favorite of the 4.
dude has been negative for the last 3 weeks, now.

# 155 Behindshadows @ 11/06/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
dude has been negative for the last 3 weeks, now.
Really? I haven't read but the few post he posted here. Didn't know that...

This is the only College Basketball game we have now, and it just seems, so many people want it to fail, with so many post about, not buying if a feature isn't there and things like that.

And now we are talking about framerates...lol to the gentlemen above. Name 1 game other than BioShock that didn't have frame rate issues...

# 156 Tomba @ 11/06/09 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm confused

Why wouldn't college sports be good if it was treated with a SIM like approach?

Are you saying power house teams like UNC and Duke shouldn't play authentic or true to their style of play?

You think All-Americans should be no better than the 10th or 12th guy?

I'm confused because it seems like your saying if you want SIM style play you'll play Live 10 and if you want to just pick up and have fun style play you go with NCAA 10.

I didn't realize both versions couldn't be a SIM style......and to be honest that word SIM is kinda overated in Live 10 to be honest with you.

I'm goofy sometimes

I'll put it best this way...

This game had one focus and one focus only and for me it seems to makes sense.

ONLY way to really try and make a good realistic college game is to study the the college teams coaches style. they tackled that last year. this year they tackled the presentation aspect which we all felt was lacking. Its something we complained about in NCAA football 10 that will no doubt be addressed the way NCAA basketball did with CBS. i have a feeling thats what will really be different about NCAA football next year the way it is this year for NCAA basketball.

The nba live engine is used but only in spirit because it is more toned down due to no real superstars.

What i see with NCAA Basketball is the crowd the atmosphere now. thats an excitement factor that was missing and to be honest hard to do within a dev cycle of only about 5 months realistically.

# 157 HustlinOwl @ 11/07/09 01:07 AM
can we get ratings?

# 158 TreyFury97 @ 11/07/09 02:26 AM
They need a manual backdown button big time. I never seem to be able to have my bigs backdown guys long enough. Also, I miss the quick plays on the thumb pad. The quick strategy seems confusing when you're in the flow of the game. 1 thing I did notice is that Carolina doesn't seem to push the ball enough, unless you're playing them. I also didn't like the fast break logic, in that when I make a steal with UNC's Larry Drew, I never seemed to be able to break out for an open layup. Duke always had two guys back.

Also maybe its me, but trying to figure out when the best time to shoot is getting to me. I have an X-BOX controller, so maybe its getting used to the buttons (I've played on the PS3 in the past, but never was a fan of their controller).

Lastly is the rebounding. I always have my player controlled player crash the boards, but sometimes my bigs didn't even jump. I know there is a strategy that you can select called crash the boards, but I've seen enough UNC games to know that their bigs are supposed to go after the ball after a miss on offense and defense.

# 159 marcoyk @ 11/07/09 09:37 AM
Pretty awesome game, especially compared to last year's. I'm also really feeling the controls.

# 160 Behindshadows @ 11/07/09 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtGen
Why is it that everytime somebody says something positive about an EA Sports product,they have to be working for them?
It's the way of the world, lol!

As much as I use to bash EA back in the day, with all my fanboy antics. I owe them a little respect, after meeting some of the guys and really understanding what they do and the technology they have to deal with. Also following their work and developers from moving to different divisions, etc.

Same way I use to follow Visual Concepts back when they were on Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn all the way to Dreamcast, Xbox 1 and 360!

These guys are using much more difficult software and hardware engines.

I worked for a engineering firm for a few years and I understand the difficulty of programming. Also I do web design and video editing, which now I just record and convert...lol.

Editing is time consuming, so I can only imagine programming a game and trying to get less errors. But these guys have done a lot of turning around their games in under 11 months. I think people should look at it like that. Because, obviously it easy to say what you want out of something, instead of understanding what can actually be done.

Time restraints and development tools and dollars play part.

But when someone who does understand defends them, then we're either secret service employees or guys who are blind.

More like we are just the sane ones who understand how things truly work in the gaming field. Same process different era!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.