Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the 360. Please post all your impressions here.

The PS3 patch will be released at a later date.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Pared @ 11/06/09 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
How they implemented this? More touched/intercepted pass? Passes bounced into defenders? Passess dropped by your teammates? A mix of these?

By the way, vids are extremely useful and informative! Many thanks for posting them!

Other question: any improvement in double teaming effectiveness?
Lead passing into the paint off the PnR doesn't work sometimes. Passes into the plate are deflected more. If the pass get through, and there's someone there, you'll see more of the forced shot animations.

Points in the paint are definitely down though.

# 22 Pared @ 11/06/09 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I remember one of the devs saying that the patch would work on an existing association. Well I just played a half of my next association game and only noticed 2 things. Framerate is much smoother and the CPU has been called for a lot of fouls in one half. At the half I was 19 for 30 at the FT line! Gotta tone that down. While the CPU was 7 for 9 at the stripe. Either way, the game is still good for me.
If you have sliders/foul settings set they will not have changed.

# 23 Pared @ 11/06/09 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adobo24
My Player mode is still suck in the offseason.

argh.
Translation?

# 24 tril @ 11/06/09 06:47 AM
whens the patch coming for the PC version?
and whats the deal with the assists #'s?

# 25 chibulls12 @ 11/06/09 06:49 AM
Is dynamic attendance in pre-existing my players? And, what rosters are you guys using?

# 26 Pared @ 11/06/09 06:52 AM
There is no ETA on the PC patch.

All my impressions are default everything, except fouls. I suggest you guys go back to default sliders and post your impressions that way. Or else we're going to get a huge discrepancy, just because person is using "X slider set" that has something screwed up.

# 27 DakkoN @ 11/06/09 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
Apparently its white headbands for every flippin team. Are you kidding me 2K?
Have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Nuggets have blue headbands at home in the game.

# 28 Redskinsfan26 @ 11/06/09 06:57 AM
How is the online play? Do team up games work now?

# 29 iLLmatic @ 11/06/09 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Nuggets have blue headbands at home in the game.
Well I use the Warriors and they got white headbands now. They NEVER wear white headbands. They wear orange and even the navy blue they had before the patch was cool. But I guess that change was made to make the Lebron folk happy and last time I checked, the Cavs were a little farther up the food chain than the Warriors so I guess the W's are stuck rockin the white bands.

# 30 rawcorp @ 11/06/09 07:02 AM
Everything feels way better. Does anyone feel like anything needs to be turned down (backdoor cuts, alleyoops etc)? I just played a 10min game betweem Warriors and Magic(CPU) on allstar with default game sliders and modified foul sliders. I think I have to turn up the committ foul slider a little bit to get more free throws. Also the cpu shot the lights out. I'm not sure if that means I need to turn down shooting attributes for the cpu a little, or if the Warriors defense is just that bad. The cpu rotated the ball extremely well and found the open man a lot. Anyways here are the stats

Magic (CPU) VS Warriors
Score: 134 - 102
FG: 52/87 (59%) - 40/83 (48%)
3PT: 17/32 (53%) - 6/16 (37%)
FT: 13/19 (68%) - 16/22 (72%)
Assist: 35 - 20
TOver: 15 - 9
TFouls: 13 - 20
Reb: 46 - 30
Off Reb: 11 - 4
Steals: 5 - 8
Blocks: 3 - 1
PITP: 52 - 58
Bench Points: 58 - 25
SecChPnts: 15 - 2
FastBreakPnts: 6 - 14

# 31 Bornindamecca @ 11/06/09 07:04 AM
Just regarding My Player.

The minutes are in Options>Presentation

Got a bunch of drills and my clone is gone-Nice

Right off the bat, there are a bunch of little things that play out much better. Not going to specify until I see them consistently, but it feels better.

For lack of a better description, I think ratings matter more. Again, this is an early impression.

Movement on defense is way better. Not being pulled into a bad defensive stance at midcourt, and I feel like I'm free to move around the court and follow my man without too much handicap.

(Quick note:in a very brief sample in a quick game, I was pulled to one side while guarding Nate Robinson, and I saw a few rotten defensive assignments blown by my teammates.)

So far the only person making stupid shots is Kobe, and even he cooled off a little bit.

PIP seems to be handled better.

Since there are no sliders, the fouls in My Player are still very low, but a lot of things are feeling better.

Another quick note: The Shooting Drill is broken. My PF, who has not had a single point raised in 3pt, has FIVE BARS in the shooting drill. And this was not cosmetic, because my boy was cash money. I think I got gold in like four 3pt shots. My 3pt rating is 30, I think. 31 after getting a point in one of the drills. Five bars. Splashes.

# 32 airlebron_23 @ 11/06/09 07:07 AM
carlos arroyo still has black arms wtf

# 33 Keaton @ 11/06/09 07:13 AM
Several good things with the patch, but I see nagatives allready:

Now my players are all marathon mans...they dont get tiered at all. Hope the stammina slider fixes this, it was ok before the patch, damn turbo abusers who complained...

Shooting with my old sliders is, wow, nobody hits anything, cpu or me. Three charges on three drives is a bit much but maybe its coincidence.

And,really tterrible and I hope its only the first game: Non-steal Turnovers are gone...didnt see one. No more three second either...both things I really liked

# 34 TrajanLK121 @ 11/06/09 07:19 AM
Played my first game with the patch and I noticed the shooting percentages are still a little high with default shooting sliders. Going to need to drop them a bit. Still getting that occassional lag caused by those overhead spotlights still on after a timeout. Besides those issues, the game feels a lot better.

# 35 rawcorp @ 11/06/09 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton
Several good things with the patch, but I see nagatives allready:

Now my players are all marathon mans...they dont get tiered at all. Hope the stammina slider fixes this, it was ok before the patch, damn turbo abusers who complained...

Shooting with my old sliders is, wow, nobody hits anything, cpu or me. Three charges on three drives is a bit much but maybe its coincidence.

And,really tterrible and I hope its only the first game: Non-steal Turnovers are gone...didnt see one. No more three second either...both things I really liked
I saw 3 offensive 3 secs by the cpu. Also seen the cpu make a few bad pass turnovers, and lose the ball, and this is only after playing one game.

# 36 airlebron_23 @ 11/06/09 07:24 AM
replay music def. not working

# 37 kongemeier @ 11/06/09 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Just regarding My Player.

The minutes are in Options>Presentation

Got a bunch of drills and my clone is gone-Nice

Right off the bat, there are a bunch of little things that play out much better. Not going to specify until I see them consistently, but it feels better.

For lack of a better description, I think ratings matter more. Again, this is an early impression.

Movement on defense is way better. Not being pulled into a bad defensive stance at midcourt, and I feel like I'm free to move around the court and follow my man without too much handicap.

(Quick note:in a very brief sample in a quick game, I was pulled to one side while guarding Nate Robinson, and I saw a few rotten defensive assignments blown by my teammates.)

So far the only person making stupid shots is Kobe, and even he cooled off a little bit.

PIP seems to be handled better.

Since there are no sliders, the fouls in My Player are still very low, but a lot of things are feeling better.

Another quick note: The Shooting Drill is broken. My PF, who has not had a single point raised in 3pt, has FIVE BARS in the shooting drill. And this was not cosmetic, because my boy was cash money. I think I got gold in like four 3pt shots. My 3pt rating is 30, I think. 31 after getting a point in one of the drills. Five bars. Splashes.
Keep it coming, guys! I'm on PS3 so I'll have to be patient!

Is it possible to change sliders in an excisting My Player career?

# 38 Pared @ 11/06/09 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton
I've had both non-steal turnovers and offensive 3 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrajanLK121
Played my first game with the patch and I noticed the shooting percentages are still a little high with default shooting sliders. Going to need to drop them a bit. Still getting that occassional lag caused by those overhead spotlights still on after a timeout. Besides those issues, the game feels a lot better.
Yes, they are are still a bit high but I've only played a few games on pro. I agree that the shooting still needs to be toned down ever so slightly.

A nice thing about alley-oops... no longer a gimme.

-If there is no one down low and you try and throw it, you just throw the ball out of bounds.
-Your teammate will not always catch your pass.
-CPU is more aware and knocking them down.

# 39 DakkoN @ 11/06/09 07:32 AM
Being able to play pickup games has renewed my interest in the game. Most fun I've had in awhile playing the point.

# 40 Mos1ted @ 11/06/09 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Cash
Im loving this **** right now, I hopped straight into a ranked game and off rip the dude I was playing tried the lead pass on 4 straight posessions, it did not work once, so I quickly bounced to a 21-4 lead, starting the 2nd quarter dude was still trying the lead pass until I was up 30, dude quit about halfway through the 2nd and sent me a message saying "so your system is modded", lol, this ***** thought my ststem was modded cause hge could not cheat the game no more, I went on to check dudes record, he was 36 and 7, mostlikely won all them games off the lead pass. Its a wrap now, **** is finally SIM, holla back fellas, im bout to get it in.
Classic!! I can't wait for the PS3 patch to drop. I'm waiting on 3 patches actually: 2K10, Operation Flashpoint, and Madden 10 (still......)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.