Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

The NBA 2K10 patch has been released for the PS3. Please post all your impressions here.

What fixes are in the patch? Click here to find out.

NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Crossover1 @ 11/14/09 02:04 PM
There's no need for slider changes at all now. This was how it was when I had 2K8 pre-patch. The only thing to mess with now are foul sliders.

# 82 Ballatician @ 11/14/09 02:05 PM
My initial first impressions: greatest sports game ever made. The depth and work putting into replicating the real nba game from presentation, commentating, on court action and individual player style is amazing. I know no game will be perfect and this one will have its issues but as is I can't think of anything that could happen that would make me change my opinion. This game is so good I was not even aware I was having framerate issues. I don't have that trained eye most of you have but I know right now this game is playing smooth as butter. Isomotion seems so much more responsive. I can actually get by my man now and drive to the hoop. Cut scenes are smooth. So far no over the top alley oops and the lead passing issue has been countered with contact animations. Put a body on someone and you can actually affect their shot. 2-3 defense actually works! Just played Indiana with my Lakers default sliders except for game speed bumped to 85 on superstar and we held each other to 50% shooting exactly lol. PIP were still high but that is because I did very little in game adjustments. I never even went into the match ups screen. The little adjustments I did make actually worked. At one point I turned down crash boards and my boys got back quicker on defense and at the start of the second half I used a 2-3 zone that slowed down their scoring inside. I mean I`m sitting here smiling about what I have to look forward to because I haven`t even scratched the surface of this game. Come on man I'm still getting blown away by the commentating! So despite my frustration waiting for the patch at this point it looks well worth the delay. Congrats 2K you are the undisputed kings of video bball again and will own my soul for another year. I just feel sorry for you because I don't know how you will top yourselves after this one.

# 83 Ice Cream Truck @ 11/14/09 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
Can anyone recommend a good set of post patch sliders? I just tried Playmaker's set, only to have the CPU pass the ball around the perimeter for 22 seconds and then fire a bullet pass to a guy in the post to score. I was still having too much of a problem with points in the paint on the default sliders too. I don't really mind the CPU scoring down there, it jst bugs me when they get 3/4ths of their points from either from shots directly under the basket or from free throws from shooting directly under the basket.
Have you tried default sliders post patch?

# 84 rspencer86 @ 11/14/09 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
A great game just became better. Wow! Defense baby! Contact, more fouls, more altered shots.

I love it.

Nice work 2K. Big props to your team. You guys made one helluva hoop game this year!
This sums it up. Played a couple games late last night and loved all of the changes. Time to find a solid roster set, tweak a couple of sliders, and get this Bulls Association going!

# 85 coldkevin @ 11/14/09 02:09 PM
how did you set rules to get realistic fouls and FT attempts?

On default sliders there are still few fouls, i played Toronto (me) vs Denver and had 5/6 and 7/7 from the line. I still see too many PiP and denver put down 4 alley-oops.

BTW the game is better but still needs sliders adjustments IMO.

# 86 Ballatician @ 11/14/09 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
There's no need for slider changes at all now. This was how it was when I had 2K8 pre-patch. The only thing to mess with now are foul sliders.
AGREED

# 87 insideoutside15 @ 11/14/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Truck
Have you tried default sliders post patch?
I did. It fixed the points in the paint issue, but both me and the CPU shot at ridiculous percentages. It might have just been a fluke though, I'll give it another go later.

# 88 idrisguitar @ 11/14/09 02:43 PM
love the better defense, and the way the ai played. westbrook killed me and durant quietly got 25+ points.

i played terrible defense, but this time it was my fault .

where i think sliders will need to come in is to tweak player and game speed as well as vertical. (westbrook was getting off rebound over duncan ) and also yeah a bit less success on all shots for both cpu and human would be helpful too. just wondering, as i only played 3 quarters on all-star, if the cpu getting every open shot problem si still there? didn;t notice a big difference, but i was hoping 2k would implement that in.

other than the fact i got badly beaten by the thunder as the spurs (again probably the fact i suck), i really couldn't find much (/anything) to complain about it.

# 89 Kalon @ 11/14/09 02:48 PM
what if someone posted their PS3 game data could that help people get the patch?!

# 90 Nodima @ 11/14/09 02:54 PM
Loving the interior defense. This kid was trying to take it inside on me all game online and getting rejected by either the rim the Birdman. And the collapsing made a lot more sense, it felt like if people were collapsing in one someone then they were going to be prevented from moving forward. The game was still a little too close for my liking considering how little actual 2K talent the guy had, but I still won by double digits and never felt scared of shots in the paint.

# 91 85wasagreatyear @ 11/14/09 02:56 PM
glad to see some of you really enjoying this

# 92 RedmanR @ 11/14/09 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
how did you set rules to get realistic fouls and FT attempts?

On default sliders there are still few fouls, i played Toronto (me) vs Denver and had 5/6 and 7/7 from the line. I still see too many PiP and denver put down 4 alley-oops.

BTW the game is better but still needs sliders adjustments IMO.
Try in the slider section bud for better foul adjustment sliders.

# 93 Kalon @ 11/14/09 03:03 PM
yo....the best thing I can tell people...is when you play a star...they will KILL you...I will be terrified to play

lebron
kobe
dirk
nash
cp3

and so forth because they will F me up!!! The thing I love most...is now people will have to use strategy to win...I hope this can be carried over for 2K11...especially online...to make people have to know how to PLAY BASKETBALL to win.

# 94 clevelandsfinest @ 11/14/09 03:08 PM
Is the frame rate problem fixed?

# 95 dazpoo23 @ 11/14/09 03:15 PM
SH!T ,
Dynamic attendance for on-going assoications!!

thanks 2k
bloody awesome,.

# 96 FunkDockta27 @ 11/14/09 03:21 PM
Splash Waterfalls!

1-1 since the patch (sadly on default everything, but fouls and minutes...i played on 8 min qtrs)

Played 2 NBA Today games (against CPU) Lost the first game Milwaukee (me) vs G St. by like 13 pts lol. But it almost felt like Golden St, was really Golden st. They shot well, and made quick offensive plays and shots. Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis put it to me (Don't think I had living rosters on? idk)

2nd game I got the living rosters and this time I took Minny to Memphis. Had a 13 pt lead going into the 4th qtr, suddenly my guys went cold. Memphis closed it to 3. Jonny Flynn was in foul trouble and didnt play much of the 4th. Al Jefferson scored 21, had 11 boards. We did shut down Mayo...but Conley was drawing fouls on Flynn or Jefferson it seemed like crazy lol. I didnt mind cuz i used the same foul settings for the Milwaukee game and didnt have much problems. Just was one of those games. We did shut Mayo down. Held him to 4 pts...(like I said 8 min qtrs.) We won the 2nd game by 5. Guess the cpu decided with 3 to go down 5 it was an insurmountable lead. No intentional foul, I just ran down court and ran time out.

Fun games tho, even if I got my butt kicked in by Golden St. using Milwaukee...

this may possibly be the greatest NBA game ever? just my opinion...I'm just not a huge NBA guy, love the college bball tho. But I think I may <3 this game. I did pre-patch, and even more post-patch. Don't think I'm doing anything else this weekend lol.

# 97 hulkamaphone @ 11/14/09 03:25 PM
I just downloaded the patch and re-started my player mode but couldnt manage to change the minutes and autosave. Does anyone know how to change these?

I ended up deleting all of my save files, settings, rosters, profile etc incase that was the issue but still no luck! My default minutes are 8, and this works in exhibition games but when I go into my player it still reverts back to 5!

Also the autosave and autoupload is driving me insane! Has anyone worked out how to fix these aswell, or is autosave a requirement in my player?

# 98 FunkDockta27 @ 11/14/09 03:33 PM
just quick game stats for your viewing pleasure on default everything, (except what i mentioned above)

Game Stats Minny/Memphis
FGs 30-54 / 26-54
FG% 55% / 48%
3PT 2-10 / 3-9
3PT% 20% / 33%
FT 10-15 / 12-15
FT% 66% / 80%
Asts 22 / 15
TOs 7 / 6
Fouls 10 / 10
Tot Rebs 32 / 21
Off Rebs 7 / 3
Steals 3 / 4
Blocks 1 / 0
PIP 36 / 34
Bench Pts 7 / 7
2nd Chance pts 6 / 6
Fast brk Pts 6 / 2

sorry it doesnt look so nice, i dont get how to line it all up and make it look real sharp...but i did wanna share since that game stats screen was still up.

# 99 Cpre5 @ 11/14/09 03:50 PM
Anyone else having post move issues in MY Player? Using a PF from DC and since the patch all post moves I do turn into over the shoulder chuck and prey shot. Its quickly killing my will to play.

# 100 Rocboyz101 @ 11/14/09 04:40 PM
Not sure why people are saying you don't need sliders anymore, you really do if you want a realistic sim experience. Just not as much. Tendencies don't need to be messed with really aside from the backdoor cuts-0, alley oops-5(they still will throw about 2 a game), putbacks-44, passing lanes-58.

Also, have the foul sliders as follows..

Reach in- 60
blocking- 85(It may look lopsided, but it doesn't play like it)
charge- 45
Shooting foul- 75. Getting about 15-20 foul shot attempts for each team every game with these.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.