Home
News Post

Destructoid has the scoop.

Quote:
"Earlier this month, EA Canada's Community Manager, Alain Quinto, tweeted that EA Sports is planning to reveal a brand-new game in January. We've been curious as to what the new title could be, and sources close to the project have informed us that the new IP will be a football game for the Wii. Before you go running off -- no, this isn't going to be another Madden game.

The game is currently called NFL Trainer, and it's all about getting players to do football-based exercises and workouts. The new game will also coach players on how to throw footballs, and give you advice on how to perfect throws. There's also talks about a football-shaped attachment that could come with NFL Trainer. As this is going to be a football training game, it doesn't really make much sense for it to not include something of that sort."

Member Comments
# 1 rudyjuly2 @ 12/29/09 06:33 AM
Yawn. Can't see how this will sell very well.

# 2 spankdatazz22 @ 12/29/09 07:39 AM
I wouldn't be so sure. Seems like everybody and their mother is trying to make physical fitness games for the Wii. Given the NFL's popularity and EA having NFL exclusivity I could see there being a market for it. There might be interest from young kids wanting pointers on doing something "the NFL way", or team cheerleaders running through fitness routines, etc. I was standing next to a couple cheerleaders at an event a few weeks ago - they could sell a few items if marketed right. And I've heard the EA Wii fitness game has been a success. It makes sense; I could see EA trying to cash in more on the popularity of the Wii. Of course I'd rather see EA Canada making Madden but that's another story

# 3 dickey1331 @ 12/29/09 11:02 AM
This is disappointing. I dont think this will sell very well.

# 4 Jamin23 @ 12/29/09 11:43 AM
When I first saw this I was like what is EA thinking. I wouldn't buy this, but I'm sure someone out there will.

# 5 JohnDoe8865 @ 12/29/09 11:49 AM
Bah.. EA's gonna waste a new IP on the Wii?

# 6 elgreazy1 @ 12/29/09 12:12 PM
The NFL License can sell anything, especially when coupled with this new wave of using technology for fitness. Even still, nothing works better than getting your axe off the couch & running around the block. Video game fitness, hrmph!!!

# 7 Rocky @ 12/29/09 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
The NFL License can sell anything, especially when coupled with this new wave of using technology for fitness. Even still, nothing works better than getting your axe off the couch & running around the block. Video game fitness, hrmph!!!
lol exactly.

# 8 TreyIM2 @ 12/29/09 01:01 PM
I originally wasn't going to comment on this but I see I didn't close this tab so I was compelled to give my nickel's worth -

I think it's a waste of time, energy and resources, especially considering it's for the tired and lame Wii that has some serious problems moving third party software...yet I understand that it's business and EA is trying to be the good scout and not ruffle Nintendo's feathers by not trying to do SOMETHING to try to help the somewhat "sinking" system.

At the end of the day, it's business, but a bad business move, imo. We'll see how it plays out.

# 9 computerlover @ 12/29/09 01:14 PM
a football training game? wonder how they gonna simulate the dawg days in august, 100 degrees + doing gassers and burners up and down hills and practice fields.. sled work, agility etc etc.. whew.. having flashbacks already! lol!! take a lap!!

# 10 computerlover @ 12/29/09 01:15 PM
oklahoma drill.. wind sprints.. 2 a days.. and most of all THE SMELL!! LMAO!!

# 11 ANDROMADA 1 @ 12/29/09 02:10 PM
you have to play it twice a day and only in the summer with your AC off,Oven on Door Open,wearing double sweaters...lol

# 12 CeltBhoy33 @ 12/29/09 02:37 PM
Are you kidding?

# 13 snepp @ 12/29/09 02:52 PM
Sounds like shovelware to me.

# 14 Cusefan @ 12/29/09 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
Sounds like shovelware to me.

If they do a good job with this, it could be really good for kids trying to learn the game. This is not going to be for adults, it will be for kids.

# 15 Buckeyes_Doc @ 12/29/09 03:53 PM
Well this sucks.

# 16 Scott @ 12/29/09 04:59 PM
Hmm may be fun on the wii.

# 17 jyoung @ 12/29/09 08:15 PM
Remember, OS definitely is NOT the target market for this.

I think they might be able to make some money with parents buying it for their kids on the Wii.

EA Active sold a ton of copies, if I remember correctly.

Edit: 2.39 million copies, according to VGchartz.

# 18 PVarck31 @ 12/29/09 11:30 PM
Unreal. To think i got excited for the "new" ea sports game coming out. What a let down.

# 19 superstarshad @ 12/29/09 11:43 PM
I like this move. With Sony debuting their motion controller and Microsoft debuting Natal in 2010, their is definitely a market for this type of software. All in all, I'm excited about this. We need some form of video game to teach the people who complain about cheesing on how to game plan and stop check down passes. Never thought I hear the day when video gamers accuse checking down to the flats as being a money play, lol

# 20 Valdarez @ 12/29/09 11:46 PM
I thought they were focusing on AAA titles? If they can't sell Madden on the Wii, how are they going to sell this product?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.