Home
MLB 10 News Post

The Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one features real time presentation mode.

Quote:
"In a continued effort to blur the lines between a video game and a televised broadcast, MLB 10: The Show is proud to introduce the brand new presentation mode: Real Time. Available with replays or without, Real Time is a new presentation mode designed to further enhance the realism our baseball simulation offers you, the baseball fan.

Hoping to have you question whether you’re playing MLB 10: The Show or watching a live baseball game on TV, we’ve captured hundreds of new animations and have done extensive work with both our AI and our cameras. From the pitcher toeing the rubber until the next batter walks up to the dish, you’ll experience continuity with the seamless animations and positional intelligence of each player on and off the field. All new camera angles and cut-timing capture the player’s new movements and further enhance the presentation mode by mimicking the camera work seen on televised MLB broadcasts. Post-play has never looked this real."

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bcruise @ 02/10/10 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yes...you can have any fielding view with RTP.

M.K.
Knight165
Can we just sticky that in big, glowing letters at the top of the forum?

# 82 ShowTyme15 @ 02/10/10 11:53 PM
I loved everything I saw, I do have one gripe though in the video Matt V. said the side was retired and all they players stayed on the field what was up with that? LOL

# 83 Knight165 @ 02/10/10 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I loved everything I saw, I do have one gripe though in the video Matt V. said the side was retired and all they players stayed on the field what was up with that? LOL
I'm guessing audio glitch before gameplay glitch.
I would get those once in a while last year.

M.K.
Knight165

# 84 Galvatron @ 02/10/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that the commentary on that play was probably just spliced into the footage for the sake of the trailer, and wasn't actually from that particular play. I hope that's not too confusing but I think that might be the case here.

# 85 ShowTyme15 @ 02/11/10 12:09 AM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165
That was what i was assuming as well as I had teh same thing happen to me last year. I was just pointing it out LOL. Thanks.

# 86 mph2k @ 02/11/10 12:10 AM
Looks Great. Can't wait till march 2nd.

# 87 EL_GABE @ 02/11/10 01:18 AM
Can some 1 get a youtube vid of it..I can't see it on my phone =(

# 88 EL_GABE @ 02/11/10 01:31 AM
Thanx =D

# 89 brendanrfoley @ 02/11/10 01:47 AM
Stunning.

I may break down and buy a PS3 for this.

# 90 nemesis04 @ 02/11/10 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnX7P1k5NKI

How the F do you embed a YOUTUBE video on this forum ?
You have to copy the embed code to the right of the video and paste it in your post.

# 91 Knight165 @ 02/11/10 01:50 AM
Here you go....

M.K.
Knight165

# 92 CaRdS @ 02/11/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
In all honesty getting The Show will be better than anything I got on Christmas lol.
Unless you got a PS3 to play it on!! HEHEHE! Simply amazing!!!! Don't worry Holiday!! Just 20 more days and I can bat with you in clean up!!! See if that #7 makes you more powerful!!!

# 93 cnelly4 @ 02/11/10 05:44 AM
Quote:
Stole this from someone else....but I love this shot!

M.K.
Knight165
Mauer, Sure or Unsure?

# 94 NAFBUC @ 02/11/10 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Mauer, Sure or Unsure?
I would say, Sure. No sweat for Joe.

I watched the AL MVP show that MLB 10 sponsored and Mauer only struck out one time in all his high school baseball games.

# 95 cnelly4 @ 02/11/10 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I would say, Sure. No sweat for Joe.

I watched the AL MVP show that MLB 10 sponsored and Mauer only struck out one time in all his high school baseball games.
Yeah, a few guys i played with in college played against him in high school and they said it just wasn't fair. He did everything just naturally and he wasn't cocky about it at all.

# 96 PsychoBulk @ 02/11/10 06:33 AM
Absolutely incredible.

Roll on March.

# 97 Bahnzo @ 02/11/10 06:53 AM
Can I nitpick?

Mauer doesn't back up first base on that play.

# 98 ckarlic @ 02/11/10 09:28 AM
AMAZING!!!!!!

# 99 brendanrfoley @ 02/11/10 10:19 AM
I just watched the video a couple times; this is just stunning. The catcher's animations after Mauer goes deep are just stunning.

I don't have a PS3 and haven't played The Show in two full years, but videos like these make it hard to hold out for much longer.

# 100 Woodweaver @ 02/11/10 10:20 AM
Quote:

M.K.
Knight165

My guess is that because they were capturing video with special cameras and specific situations, they probably had a bunch of debug switches flipped to set up the play...one of which probably just kept the inning going forever despite the number of outs. You know, just to make capturing of the video easier.

I doubt that big of a bug would get through the QA process...I hope.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.