Home
MLB 2K10 News Post

Here are some more Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshots. These show off the sliders, options and camera views.

Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Major League Baseball 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Major League Baseball 2K10Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 33 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thornie @ 02/25/10 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Joe, are you talking about the option to use Classic/Cursor Hitting? Last year the Hitting method was changed under "Controller Setup". Clicking the Left-Stick brought up the screen for changing Hitting/Pitching methods.
In the controller setup screenshots Steve posted it looks like you are limited to classic or total control hitting. Zone/Cursor hitting looks like it's been dropped. It's a shame, combining the stick with the cursor was the best hitting experience I've had with a video game.

# 22 RGmoney @ 02/25/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
In the controller setup screenshots Steve posted it looks like you are limited to classic or total control hitting. Zone/Cursor hitting looks like it's been dropped. It's a shame, combining the stick with the cursor was the best hitting experience I've had with a video game.
Ahh, I didn't notice that thornie. Thx.

I played the PC version last year. Still might be in though, just hidden.

# 23 Trevytrev11 @ 02/25/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornie
The only reason I enjoyed this game last year was becuase of Zone/Cursor Hitting. I'm hoping that maybe they were just missed as far as the screen shot goes and not actually omitted from the game. I'm hoping that by hitting LB/RB you can toggle to it.

I could have sworn that one of the write-ups said that it was still in there, but hadn't been changed.

# 24 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 11:48 AM
Here's last year screen for CLASSIC/Zone Hitting:

Now we have this:

I wonder if you press B to access the Sub-Menu if Zone Hitting can be found there? I didn't use-it last year so if anybody who did confirm it was accessed via this Sub-Menu would be very helpful

Thanks

# 25 Trevytrev11 @ 02/25/10 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Here's last year screen for CLASSIC/Zone Hitting:

Now we have this:

I wonder if you press B to access the Sub-Menu if Zone Hitting can be found there?
I would think you would be able to toggle to it by hitting LB/RB...I'm hoping (praying) there are three options when you scroll through that.

# 26 m-dogg @ 02/25/10 11:54 AM
Does MLB2k10 have 2kshare for rosters?

I'm very bummed about the lack of throwing strength sliders. They took out AI hitter sliders and that was a disaster, and now they are taking our control of AI fielders away....I mean, if you are going to take customization away you better make sure you nail it perfectly! and that does not look like real baseball to me, bullet throws, baserunners flying around. and if every single throw is online perfectly to the base again this year Im gonna lose it. It so refreshing when a ball comes in a little offline and the fielder has to scramble to make a play and the runner slides in...but 2k never has those moments. and the throwing meter is impossible to screw up even at 100...the fielder ratings really need to dictate this and NOT the user. Johnny Damon should not be the rifleman out there, gunning down all that dare to run on his noodle arm!

anway, if 2kshare exists -- i would love for us to put together an opening day roster with slower and less accurate throwing fielders, non-superhuman infielders, and harder to control pitches from all pitchers. we'll have to see how the retail plays out first of course, but some of these issues will be need to be addressed Im sure...

# 27 Blzer @ 02/25/10 11:56 AM
No throwing speed sliders = fail.

# 28 bigfnjoe96 @ 02/25/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I would think you would be able to toggle to it by hitting LB/RB...I'm hoping (praying) there are three options when you scroll through that.
Trevy, I think hitting B brings up the Zone Hitting Option. If no one can confirm this, I will test it out via 2k9 as I still have my copy...

I also asked Chase to give it a check on his 2k10 copy.

If they made the Bat Cursor smaller (Maybe even somewhat transparent) I will definitely be giving it a try as many have said it was the most satisfying system they've use since MVP

# 29 Trevytrev11 @ 02/25/10 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No throwing speed sliders = fail.
It's sad because this is so obvious and should be fairly simple as it doesn't (i don't think) impact any other facets of the game.

# 30 Trevytrev11 @ 02/25/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Trevy, I think hitting B brings up the Zone Hitting Option. If no one can confirm this, I will test it out via 2k9 as I still have my copy...

I also asked Chase to give it a check on his 2k10 copy.

If they made the Bat Cursor smaller (Maybe even somewhat transparent) I will definitely be giving it a try as many have said it was the most satisfying system they've use since MVP
Yeah, I see what your saying. I forgot that last year Zone was basically an "add-on" to classic or swing stick hitting and not it's own seperate system.

Say it ain't so Chase...say it ain't so.

# 31 jeffy777 @ 02/25/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
Does MLB2k10 have 2kshare for rosters?

I'm very bummed about the lack of throwing strength sliders. They took out AI hitter sliders and that was a disaster, and now they are taking our control of AI fielders away....I mean, if you are going to take customization away you better make sure you nail it perfectly! and that does not look like real baseball to me, bullet throws, baserunners flying around. and if every single throw is online perfectly to the base again this year Im gonna lose it. It so refreshing when a ball comes in a little offline and the fielder has to scramble to make a play and the runner slides in...but 2k never has those moments. and the throwing meter is impossible to screw up even at 100...the fielder ratings really need to dictate this and NOT the user. Johnny Damon should not be the rifleman out there, gunning down all that dare to run on his noodle arm!

anway, if 2kshare exists -- i would love for us to put together an opening day roster with slower and less accurate throwing fielders, non-superhuman infielders, and harder to control pitches from all pitchers. we'll have to see how the retail plays out first of course, but some of these issues will be need to be addressed Im sure...
Yes, you can upload/download rosters via 2Kshare, as well as difficulty sliders too.

# 32 reyes the roof @ 02/25/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
no, there is no weather, via rain or rain outs, which is odd because they had it in the older versions
I don't know about 2k9 because I didn't buy it, but the weather was messed up in 2k8, so if it hasn't been fixed properly I'd rather they just have no weather. I haven't played in a while so I don't remember the exact issue, but I think every time a game was rained out before completing 5 innings you would just end up replaying the game on the same day instead of a makeup game, and I think I remember it messing up pitching rotations too

# 33 Wavebird99 @ 02/25/10 01:04 PM
Glad to see they have the old 2k9 pitching cam. I dont like the view in the demo. Too close.

# 34 SoxFan01605 @ 02/25/10 01:14 PM
I really hope they didn't drop the cursor hitting option. I am feeling positive about this game overall...but some of the absent sliders and more importantly, the seeming lack of zone hitting could swing this in the wrong direction for me...

Hopefully this can be confirmed.

# 35 Steel5 @ 02/25/10 01:19 PM
So can we pitch from a batting view? I've never been a fan of pitching from behind the pitcher.

# 36 jeffy777 @ 02/25/10 01:29 PM
I didn't use "zone" hitting last year because the bat cursor was so hideous and obtrusive, so unless they improved the look of it, I'm not interested in it this year either.

# 37 antnyboy20 @ 02/25/10 01:53 PM
Cursor hitting was also one of the things that made me really enjoy 2k9. That combined with swing stick hitting was one of the best hitting mechanics (fun/realistic) I've ever played. Playing almost a whole season with the yanks i had very realistic stats and strikeouts (which id never have any K's with the normal setup). Honestly its very easy for me to time a pitch and make contact. The cursor hitting added another facet of hitting that exists in real life: TRYING TO PUT THE BAT ON THE BALL and not just timing a pitch and magically making contact.

Id be pretty mad if they took it out and considering the Show uses a similiar system then the cursor (correct me if I'm wrong only played a few games), it seems like a pretty dumb move.

# 38 Spanky @ 02/25/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
looks like sliders were removed and things were simplified a bit.
Exactly. Last year's sliders were a convoluted mess. You couldn't figure out what they meant and what they were supposed to do. Really idiotic.

# 39 Pared @ 02/25/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Now this section of Presentation is interesting. Why ask for Height/Weight/Date/Time?

The game is sold in other countries.

# 40 Pared @ 02/25/10 03:33 PM

Very nice.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.