Home
MLB 10 News Post

Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isn't your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you don't have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
* UPDATE 2 Thanks to tabarnes19 and a couple hours of debugging we have found the issue and have a fix in the works.

If you respond, please please PLEASE do not be noise. We need clear help or silence - we want these things cleared up as much as you do!

-K

Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 countryboy @ 03/03/10 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc K
I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but when I tried to trade Edgar Renteria to the Padres for Adrian Gonzalez, it said the Padres are considering the trade and would get back to me in a few days. I simmed all the way through Spring Training and I still didn't hear back from them. The interest level was really high on the trade but I'm not sure how trades are calculated in '10.
did you get an email comfirmation? Sounds to me as though the Padres turned you down.

# 102 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
did you get an email comfirmation? Sounds to me as though the Padres turned you down.
I had that happen a couple times I had to re offer trade after start of regular season. Way to check is to go to pending transactions and look and see if the trade is in there pending?

What I am curious about and posted in the impressions thread....
With the new patch allowing trades in spring training....can we now trade in Nov and Dec. Yesterday it would not allow it because the computer would state that you were past the waiver period. The time should end after the world series to allow for trades.

If any one with the patch could check on that I would appreciate it.

Thanks

# 103 Knight165 @ 03/03/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Outside of controlling all 30 teams....anyway to adjust CPU teams lineups (MLB09 was my 1st year with the show). Played opening day against the Yankees and the lineup went as follows....

Jeter
Johnson
A-rod
Granderson
texiera
posada
winn
cano
swisher

Kinda silly.
If you just set the lineups...they should stay.
Go take lineup control of the Yankees by making a profile that gives you that.....assign that profile to the Yankees....make the changes...and then put back the no profile(giving control back to the Yankees)

M.K.
Knight165

# 104 Knight165 @ 03/03/10 01:41 PM
I got prompted with an update while I was mid-game this morning trying things out.....and immediatly noticed that the double switch was fixed(when pinch hitting for a pitcher)!
Nice!
Does anyone know what else was patched?

Also....tbarnes...did you get to talk with Kolbe?

Thanks for taking the time to check everything out.
When I saw what was happening on here....without me having the game yet....and having to come into work before getting the game(I picked up a copy on my way in ).....I was tempted to call in sick and try and work on what needed fixing....so THANK YOU for taking the time and being level headed enough to go through everything.
Kudos.

...and of course.....thanks to the SCEA team for getting on this so quickly.

M.K.
Knight165

# 105 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Outside of controlling all 30 teams....anyway to adjust CPU teams lineups (MLB09 was my 1st year with the show). Played opening day against the Yankees and the lineup went as follows....

Jeter
Johnson
A-rod
Granderson
texiera
posada
winn
cano
swisher

Kinda silly.
To be honest with you that isn't horrible of a lineup for Yankees. Johnson could conceivable hit 2 this year. Switch Tex and Granderson and it could be a realistic roster. Allowing for L-R allignments and such. The lineup logic never really bothered me any way. If you tweak ratings a little it will be closer and will not affect simmed stats.

# 106 HokieB @ 03/03/10 01:43 PM
Quote:

Jeter
Johnson
A-rod
Granderson
texiera
posada
winn
cano
swisher

Kinda silly.
Is this with the latest roster update? I haven't downloaded the roster update yet and was getting some crappy lineups too (Victorina leading off and Rollins hitting 6th, Ricky Weeks hitting 8th, etc.). I've been wondering if the new roster fixed any of this.

# 107 tabarnes19_SDS @ 03/03/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I got prompted with an update while I was mid-game this morning trying things out.....and immediatly noticed that the double switch was fixed(when pinch hitting for a pitcher)!
Nice!
Does anyone know what else was patched?

Also....tbarnes...did you get to talk with Kolbe?

Thanks for taking the time to check everything out.
When I saw what was happening on here....without me having the game yet....and having to come into work before getting the game(I picked up a copy on my way in ).....I was tempted to call in sick and try and work on what needed fixing....so THANK YOU for taking the time and being level headed enough to go through everything.
Kudos.

...and of course.....thanks to the SCEA team for getting on this so quickly.

M.K.
Knight165
Hey NP Knight, I am in the same boat with you a big Franchise fan. I worked with Kolbe till about 10 ET last night. Those guys are great. They seem to have isolated the big problems. I didn't want to hit him with too much at once. I am glad I took the day off yesterday.

# 108 CKW11 @ 03/03/10 01:49 PM
I dont think anyone has said anything about this but in my franchise (1st few days of the regular season) i set up a trade to bring Neftali Feliz to my team and another to bring in Jose Arredondo. I got the message saying that the other team will reply back in a few days. I looked at the "proposed trade" screen and there were my two proposed trades. I save the game and turned it off, then come back later to play the game and it was like my trade offers were erased. I played a few games and got no response from the other teams, then simmed a few still no response, i then looked at my proposed trades screen and my proposed trades were gone. I didnt get any messages about them being accepted or declined. I tried it again and it seems after i save my franchise and turn the game off then come back to the game my proposed trades dissappear.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? Am i doing something wrong?

# 109 cardsfan2222 @ 03/03/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If you just set the lineups...they should stay.
Go take lineup control of the Yankees by making a profile that gives you that.....assign that profile to the Yankees....make the changes...and then put back the no profile(giving control back to the Yankees)

M.K.
Knight165
I set up my franchise with my profile on the Cards, and no profile on the other 29 teams. Now I don't get any scores on the out of town scoreboards, they're all just blank because they haven't been played yet. Did you notice this at CD day? I want the option to control all 30 teams if I need to fix their rosters, but I don't want to lose the out of town scores.

# 110 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
I set up my franchise with my profile on the Cards, and no profile on the other 29 teams. Now I don't get any scores on the out of town scoreboards, they're all just blank because they haven't been played yet. Did you notice this at CD day? I want the option to control all 30 teams if I need to fix their rosters, but I don't want to lose the out of town scores.
Maybe try simulating all the other games, before simulating your game? Not sure if this would work, but its possible.

# 111 El_MaYiMbE @ 03/03/10 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
The reason I chose to be able to control all teams is so if they do something stupid or mess up their lineups, I can go fix it if I want. I don't control anything with them, I just want the option to. Last year you could play any game you wanted and it would still show the out of town scoreboard, so I thought it would do the same this year. It's very disappointing that you can't have 30 team control and still get the out of town scoreboard.
Last yr I dont think the out of town scores were real, I think it was just random scores.

Now the out of town scores actually reflect what is happening around the league.

# 112 Mr. Franchise @ 03/03/10 02:06 PM
I'm gonna sim through a season and see if the waiver problem still exist.

# 113 Mr. Franchise @ 03/03/10 02:16 PM
Just went through the season as the Nats and put a claim on everyone (Pujols, Fielder, Sheets) And I didn't get a single one of them. Looks like it's fixed!

Great job, SCEA!

# 114 Eski33 @ 03/03/10 02:18 PM
Awesome stuff and excellent feedback....

# 115 burds13 @ 03/03/10 02:27 PM
I've played four regular season games (or I've tried to) and every single time, the game freezes up towards the end of the game and I have to restart my PS3.

Every single time.

# 116 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 02:27 PM
This is what seperates a GREAT company like SCEA, and one like EA Sports. SCEA has devs frequenting the messageboards, LISTENING, and taking feedback from the us the consumers. Even asking for tips/advice on how to make the game better/more enjoyable.

Its AMAZING that the game has only been out for a couple days, and there is ALREADY an update, and they are working on fixing even more things, something a company like EA Sports could take weeks, if not months to do.

I commend each and every one of the people from SCEA that have listened to us the consumer, and have worked their a$$es off to make this game the GREATEST baseball video game.

My hats off to ya!!!!!

# 117 Cras @ 03/03/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Last yr I dont think the out of town scores were real, I think it was just random scores.

Now the out of town scores actually reflect what is happening around the league.
Last year the out of town scores were most certainly real.
If you play a franchise and control all the teams, the problem is that the games are not simulated. Only CPU vs CPU games are simulated. I noticed this and that ultimated made up my mind against an ALL 30 TEAM franchise

# 118 ktd1976 @ 03/03/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras
Last year the out of town scores were most certainly real.
If you play a franchise and control all the teams, the problem is that the games are not simulated. Only CPU vs CPU games are simulated. I noticed this and that ultimated made up my mind against an ALL 30 TEAM franchise
Have you tried simulating all the other games for the day before you play the game for your team? I'm not sure if it will work, but it's possible. I know it works in Madden.

I haven't tried it yet, because I'm currently downloading the update.

# 119 Mr. Franchise @ 03/03/10 02:33 PM
I still see a problem with trades, I set everything to auto ESCEPT trades, and yet the game decided to traded for Matsui and Fuentes.

# 120 Cras @ 03/03/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Have you tried simulating all the other games for the day before you play the game for your team? I'm not sure if it will work, but it's possible. I know it works in Madden.

I haven't tried it yet, because I'm currently downloading the update.
No. I set up my first franchise to all teams under my control, but after my second spring training game I noticed that I had the bug in previous years where if you played an exhibition game before you played a franchise game you would still get those little previous season highlights under the stats bar (second presason game and the game was telling me that Mark Tehan played 144 games last year for the Royals). Just to check that it indeed was the same bug as last years, I simmed up to opening day and saw the blank scoreboard and figured out what was going on, and I scrapped the franchise right then and there and set my next one up where I controlled only my beloved White Sox, and I turned off Budgets and turned on Force Trades. I am not sure yet if I want to turn on CPU control, would be nice to make sure the lineups are kosher, and to block the AI from trading amongst themselves, but I really do not like the fact that it turns of injuries. I mean, what is a baseball season without injuries?

Anyway, I never did do any further testing, and I cannot now since I too am downloading the new patch. At 72%, and 12 minutes remaining.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.