Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 roolz @ 03/18/10 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
If that's the case the deal would go down like this.

Loney, Kershaw, and a prospect for Berkman. You wouldn't trade for Berkman and keep Loney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
no you keep loney and when berkmans contract expires you essentially dumped kershaws huge salary to make a splash a different free agent.
Thats what I was thinking, I know its not perfect and im not makign excuses etc before people jump on my back. I just try to think of more than just the obvious before judging and getting 'annoyed' with AI management decisions.

# 102 Eski33 @ 03/18/10 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
I'm not thrilled with the fact that guys like Pujols get traded. I see your point that top players (Lee, Halladay etc) do get traded from time to time, but seems weird for the top guy (or at least top 3) to get moved.

Glad to hear trade waivers works.

Can anyone try a game in the Trop to see if thats fixed?
I have no issues with big names getting traded as long as it appears to be balanced, just like the rumor that Ryan Howard could be traded for Pujols...I think that would add a little realism and shock value to a franchise....

# 103 bcruise @ 03/18/10 04:29 PM
The Tropicana freeze as described in Spring Rubber's thread still occurs - when you go to the bullpen from the quick menu and press select. It's still repeatable over and over this way.

I still can't recreate it when accessing the pen from the pause menu, though. That's a good thing - as far as I've seen it's still a good workaround. (Even though it isn't a workaround for me since I always use the pause menu anyway )

This wasn't listed as a patch fix, btw: I'm pretty sure the fix they mentioned on the analysis screen was the power bar being wrong.

# 104 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The Tropicana freeze as described in Spring Rubber's thread still occurs - when you go to the bullpen from the quick menu and press select. It's still repeatable over and over this way.

I still can't recreate it when accessing the pen from the pause menu, though.
OK so basically to completely clear things up. Do not access the bullpen from the quick menu. Only do so by pressing start. Correct?

# 105 bcruise @ 03/18/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
OK so basically to completely clear things up. Do not access the bullpen from the quick menu. Only do so by pressing start. Correct?
I have not seen one freeze by pressing start to go to the bullpen. So as far as I'm concerned, that's correct. Other people have reported the freeze in different situations, but I can only suggest things based on what I've seen. And what I've seen is that I can crash the game on demand by going to the pen through the quick menu.

# 106 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I have not seen one freeze by pressing start to go to the bullpen. So as far as I'm concerned, that's correct. Other people have reported the freeze in different situations, but I can only suggest things based on what I've seen. And what I've seen is that I can crash the game on demand by going to the pen through the quick menu.
Excellent.

# 107 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
I don't trust myself to not press select. So what I did when I went to Tamba was pretend that there was a water leak and the games had to be played in the Marlins stadium. Not the most ideal solution, but it worked for me. Too bad I lost that series.
It's cool for me. Old habits don't die. I still access my BP the same way I did in '06. By using the start buton.

# 108 Lunacriss @ 03/18/10 04:57 PM
this new patch fubared my game

playing rtts, the commentary from the announcers will stop midway through and after the game it will not progress past the post game screen.

good job sony

# 109 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 05:07 PM
I would try and wipe the disc clean. Anytime I hear miscues or stoppage of commentary I pluck it out and clean it with a soft cloth........

that's what she said.

# 110 cgm110 @ 03/18/10 05:18 PM
Quick question-- Is anyone else getting to much feedback on their HR celebration song? I have "Bustin Loose" for the Nats (has been their song since 08 in Nats Park) qued up to the chorus and it basically sounds like he's mumbling behind Matty V. When the song plays in the song rotation, it is crystal clear so its not a bad track. Any advice?

# 111 ViperVenom2k9 @ 03/18/10 05:21 PM
The patch definitely seemed to improve the game a great deal and enhance the overall experience. I was however wondering if art vs. left hand on the in game select screen was going to be fixed and will it be implemented into pre existing franchises? I know the run scoring on the third out (crossing the plate before the ball was caught) was another major issue. Also, when the Tropicana field situation is fixed, will we have to restart our franchises as well? And for some reason I have to manually turn off game tips every time I start my system. It won’t save the game tips off on my profile or game play. Didn’t know if that was something being looked into…All that being said, this game is still unreal, and def. my favorite baseball game ever!

# 112 Rod_Carew29 @ 03/18/10 05:22 PM
343mb

35 minute download notification
got 6 minutes left

my laptop and PS3 are running off of my Verizon DSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
Ok thanks for the info, apprecaited.....I am going try running acable if is is not dl by tonight.....

# 113 Chef Matt @ 03/18/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVenom2k9
I was however wondering if art vs. left hand on the in game select screen was going to be fixed and will it be implemented into pre existing franchises?

I hear this has been fixed and does work in pre-existing franchises.

# 114 ViperVenom2k9 @ 03/18/10 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
I hear this has been fixed and does work in pre-existing franchises.

I just tried it and you are right, the art is fixed! That was a huge surprise. With any luck the Tropicana field and the scoring on the third out is fixed as well.

# 115 JayD @ 03/18/10 06:05 PM
Yeah some trades are a bit insane but a lot of them are fine. There are still a lot of young closers being traded....

# 116 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/18/10 06:51 PM
Im going to go with the work around and "control" the 30 teams to keep tabs on the trades.

It appears the CPU has a tendency to trade expiring contracts, from what I'm reading and the last thing I want to see is a guy like Jeter get traded, when it would never happen.

# 117 kehlis @ 03/18/10 07:03 PM
I cannot get this to download.

My internet for my laptops is running fine. The first couple times I tried I got it to 4%, now it won't start and eventually times out. Is this a cache issue?

# 118 Galvatron @ 03/18/10 07:10 PM
I'm away from my PS3 for the next few days, and I haven't seen it mentioned but has the home run ticker been fixed, meaning when the wrong player's name is being shown to have hit a HR in a previous at bat? I know it's cosmetic issue but just curious. Thanks.

# 119 HokieB @ 03/18/10 07:29 PM
Sweet! For all my fellow auto-fielders....

The fly ball markers actually turn off when you set them to off.

I thought I gave up a dinger, but nope... just a lazy fly ball to center field. Looks so much nicer.

# 120 HokieB @ 03/18/10 07:35 PM
I can confirm that ball 4 in the dirt no longer does as an E2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.