Home
MLB 10 News Post

MLB '10: The Show patch #2 is available now. Please post your impressions here.

You can find all the patch notes right here.

MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '10: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '10: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 66 - View All
MLB '10: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 FBPro @ 03/19/10 12:18 PM
Using wifi in house I had to re-try 4 times before it finally started then only took 10 minutes or so, have not played it yet.

# 162 PsychoBulk @ 03/19/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myloman
Well then it'll be an early trade in.
Sad indeed that you would miss out on such a stellar game for what are now (the bugs left) not game killing of any sort.

# 163 phant030 @ 03/19/10 12:36 PM
Quote:
Sucks for you.

# 164 Myloman @ 03/19/10 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Sad indeed that you would miss out on such a stellar game for what are now (the bugs left) not game killing of any sort.
Yea well, a broken Franchise is a game breaker for me. I don't like playing RTTS, online, or season mode enough to justify keeping the game, plus I still enjoy playing NHL 10 more than The Show so I'll be set either way.

# 165 fenwaymike @ 03/19/10 01:54 PM
Quote:
Yea well, a broken Franchise is a game breaker for me. I don't like playing RTTS, online, or season mode enough to justify keeping the game, plus I still enjoy playing NHL 10 more than The Show so I'll be set either way.
and the franchise is broken in what way exactly?

# 166 HITTERSAURUS REX @ 03/19/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
Kinda miffed they didn't fix the "holding the helmet" thing on RTP homers ... that was about the only thing I wanted this patch to fix ....
Just a Heads up:
That will not be patchable this year. It was already announced by Russell. the only way not to see it is switch from RealTime options to BroadCast.. (Unsure of Fastplay though)

# 167 TheDutchDad @ 03/19/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
I think you need to define "Broken" as it's too subjective around here now.

Franchise is not broken in the common sense. It's completely playable, and the issues surrounding it are minor and not game breaking. I think giving up on the game for the minor issues still there is doing a disservice to your gaming library. Hockey will be over soon...Baseball goes all summer.

# 168 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/19/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levalution
just simulated the franchise post patch number 2...players that went on wavers in year 1:

Adrian Gonzalez
Cliff Lee
Prince Fielder
Adam Dunn
Paul Konerko

cant remember, but there were at least 5 other notable players put on wavers...is there a reason for this? is this a roster thing? does this happen in the majors?

WTF?

It's not unusual for teams to place their entire roster on waivers.

Manny Ramirez was once placed on waivers, but no one claimed him because they didnt want to be on the hook for his contract.

The way baseball waivers work is that a team places a player on waivers: someone with a bloated contract that they are hoping someone will claim, or to dump some damaged goods, a player they know they will lose to free aganecy..whatever.

Its not all that much different then a regular trade, except teams have to make "claims" on a player, and teams can block each other.

A team makes a claim on a player, and the other team can then pull the player off of waivers, or trade the player to the team making the claim.

# 169 Rod_Carew29 @ 03/19/10 02:33 PM
after I downloaded the patch
I played another exhibition game...probably my 8th or so....
and the one thing I saw, that I hadn't seen previously, was the "E-2" on a dropped 3rd strike.

The catcher still threw out the runner, but was charged with the error nevertheless

# 170 Dice @ 03/19/10 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levalution
just simulated the franchise post patch number 2...players that went on wavers in year 1:

Adrian Gonzalez
Cliff Lee
Prince Fielder
Adam Dunn
Paul Konerko

cant remember, but there were at least 5 other notable players put on wavers...is there a reason for this? is this a roster thing? does this happen in the majors?

WTF?
Stuff like this happens in real life. However, when teams put claims on these players they are normally pulled back by the team that the player is currently playing for. One of the reasons why this happens is that teams are trying to gauge the market for certain players. Because when a team withdraws the player from waivers the two teams can try and work out a trade. Normally most teams do this after the non-waiver trade deadline at the end of July.

I know Paul Konerko has been placed on waivers a couple of time.

# 171 Chef Matt @ 03/19/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc K
Perhaps this was already posted, but for Franchise Mode, how come my game options don't stay after I've A) made them in the main Franchise menu and B) made them in my in-game options menu?

It's really frustrating that I have to change this every time I play a game.

Am I missing something?
I haven't seen this issue yet but I set all my options on the global menu and the profile menu. Idk if that made any difference or not but all my options stayed the same when I reloaded my season.

Also I play season mode not franchise. But idk if that has anything to do with it either.

# 172 HustlinOwl @ 03/19/10 03:39 PM
need to save franchise immediately after changing

# 173 cdpig @ 03/19/10 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grydnt Vektr211
Well I always sim my first yr and here are some of the trades that went down( what you think).

Cards get
Brandon Webb(expiring contract), Omar Canon( highly touted 3rd baseman from dbacks system)

Dbacks get
Albert Pujols(expiring contract)

Reds get
Cliff Lee(expiring contract)

Mariners get
Jonny Gomes
Herberto Quinones(tp pro)
Daniel Harreia( tp pro)

Mets get
Ryan dempster
Eude Carodona

Cubs get
Jose Reyes(expiring contract)
Bobby Purnell

I've notice alot of guys being moved who have expiring contracts and teams recieving alot of great quality prospects in return( this logic makes sense to me). I remember when the mets traded scott kazmir to the rays for victor zambrono( a wash) and look at Kazmir now( he's one of the premiere pitchers in this lg) I know the mets wish they wouldn't have done this stupid deal. lol

Trade waivers are working properly, no longer can I just claim any person off waivers without compensation or them pulling them back.

so far so good will keep u posted!!!
i know top players get traded, my main problem is that franchise players get traded when the team gets back prospects and major league ready players if not stars along with those prospects. Halladay traded for Cliff Lee, who beat my Yankees twice in the W.S.. Pujols talks include Ryan Howard and Cardinals still laugh at those talks. In order to move a Granderson you can give up a prospect like Austin Jackson, who will start in centerfield day one for Detroit, but isn't a proven star yet. Granderson isn't a franchise player though. i don't mind to much, but it is kind of weak to play Diamondbacks with Pujols or Jeter on any other team? not to mention going against the Cardinals and not seeing Pujols in the clean up spot or 3 hole. it's a minor gripe i know.

# 174 Stormyhog @ 03/19/10 05:30 PM
I was playing an exhibition game today and the cpu defensive substituted 2 guys into the game at the bottom of the 1st. Anyone had this happen as it has happened a couple of times to me?

# 175 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/19/10 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I was playing an exhibition game today and the cpu defensive substituted 2 guys into the game at the bottom of the 1st. Anyone had this happen as it has happened a couple of times to me?
That team's defensive lineup must be incorrect.

That happend to me when playing the yankees in a exhibition game.

Jeter was in CF and Granderson was at SS.

At the bottom of the inning, the cpu subbed them both out.

# 176 Myloman @ 03/19/10 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwaymike
and the franchise is broken in what way exactly?
Once you get a few seasons into the Franchise mode teams become overrun with A potential (through the draft), which then leads to massive payroll increases, and also extremely unrealistic free agency periods.

I suppose if I really wanted to I could manually go through and edit a lot of the high potential players down ever year, but I don't really have interest in spending hours on end attempting to make the Franchise somewhat believable.

# 177 douggoud @ 03/19/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i just tried to make my first start in AAA with my pitcher in rtts and as soon as it gets to the first game of the season, it stops simming, i can press circle and choose to sim again, but it wont do anything, and i just pitched every game in AA for about a week and a half now, and now i have to do it again, not to mention i threw a perfect game, and i had two other rtts players already created as well before i downloaded the patch, and they work just fine, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THE ONE I SPENT THE MOST TIME WITH!?!?!?!?!?!

has anyone else had the rtts problem i had? because if no one else had the problem, thats just gonna be frustrating

# 178 Skyboxer @ 03/19/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
LMAO....

# 179 Bat @ 03/19/10 07:43 PM
Quote:
Once you get a few seasons into the Franchise mode teams become overrun with A potential (through the draft), which then leads to massive payroll increases, and also extremely unrealistic free agency periods.

I suppose if I really wanted to I could manually go through and edit a lot of the high potential players down ever year, but I don't really have interest in spending hours on end attempting to make the Franchise somewhat believable.

So apparently the prospect increase really has nothing to do with the coaches teams hire. Alot of teams have badly rated coaches. You think this would keep every A from getting good? Guess not.

# 180 countryboy @ 03/19/10 07:49 PM
everything that was fixed is addressed on the first page.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.