Backbreaker News Post

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mefman @ 03/24/10 05:26 PM
dis looks dope

# 2 jp7588 @ 03/24/10 05:52 PM
That run @ about :24 looked awesome. I really think this game is going to be a lot of fun.

# 3 mefman @ 03/24/10 05:53 PM
Thanks.I tried to post it there first but i got the fifteen mintute lock out that lasted 45 mins lol.But yea i cant wait for this game

# 4 CM Hooe @ 03/24/10 06:03 PM
Nice video, but here's hoping they release a video regarding the in-game customization options sometime soon.

# 5 mgoblue678 @ 03/24/10 06:10 PM
My excitement level after watching the last two videos is back to being high and the game is back to being a probable first day purchase. Still some stuff that I don't like, like a realistic pocket not forming similar to both Madden and NCAA and I saw at least one back foot throws that looked a little to accurate.

Overall though the game looks more and more like it should be a blast to play even if it does have some flaws. I particularly like how the running looked it that video. Saw a good mix of a little longer runs along with some that got stuffed. I still love the camera angle as well.

# 6 CreatineKasey @ 03/24/10 06:11 PM
Some of those running moves looked sharp. I have to say.. these tackles are just phenomenal. I'm trying to be critical of other areas of the game but man I am just dazzled by those gorgeous hits.

# 7 adamgod8 @ 03/24/10 06:24 PM
The DE swim move looked AMAZING.

# 8 turftickler @ 03/24/10 06:32 PM
Backbreaker is real football!

# 9 roadman @ 03/24/10 06:45 PM
Real football to Blitz.

Probably somewhere in the middle.

# 10 jdr4693 @ 03/24/10 06:49 PM
Quote:
Not to be Debbie Downer... But this game looks like Blitz to me...
If this looks like blitz to you, than I wonder what you think of Madden because from what I've seen so for.. nothing comes close to more realism in a videogame than this... I'm not saying its the greatest game ever, but its definately the most realistic and closer to sim than madden. Hands down.

# 11 allBthere @ 03/24/10 06:52 PM
you know, I was always sold on the camera - and a whole new vision or method of making a sports game like they have.

But it's solidified even more after playing this year's 2k baseball game. Literally ALL I've played is my player mode. I think it's so addictive because the immersion factor is so much more intense and better when you're right down there on the field.

The blitz comments are getting a little awkward too...I mean did you watch the video? I don't see any super-human things going on, no helmets popping off, no bones breaking and no vengeful late hits. The comments are totally like I just don't see it.

# 12 mgoblue678 @ 03/24/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
you know, I was always sold on the camera - and a whole new vision or method of making a sports game like they have.

But it's solidified even more after playing this year's 2k baseball game. Literally ALL I've played is my player mode. I think it's so addictive because the immersion factor is so much more intense and better when you're right down there on the field.

The blitz comments are getting a little awkward too...I mean did you watch the video? I don't see any super-human things going on, no helmets popping off, no bones breaking and no vengeful late hits. The comments are totally like I just don't see it.
Completely agree, I have no idea what in the video even looked remotely similar to Blitz. Most of the stuff looked pretty realistic to me. No idea what video those guys are watching

Oh well, every thread it seems with Backbreaker there are always people with the generic Blitz comment even if it doesn't make any sense.

Love how those people who make those comments never have any concrete examples in their post as well.

# 13 turftickler @ 03/24/10 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Real football to Blitz.

Probably somewhere in the middle.
I would rather play Blitz than any current NFL video game.

# 14 turftickler @ 03/24/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
If this looks like blitz to you, than I wonder what you think of Madden because from what I've seen so for.. nothing comes close to more realism in a videogame than this... I'm not saying its the greatest game ever, but its definately the most realistic and closer to sim than madden. Hands down.
Some people just hate for no reason at all. That video looked like the best representation of any football video game I have ever seen.

# 15 mgoblue678 @ 03/24/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan54matt
i love the last play of that whole Vid where the rb takes the ball and sees the end zone and just dives and right when he hits the line he gets smacked by another diving defender. i love the approach. but i wish we could have an option to put it where we can have the traditional camera view.
I really wish people would stop with this camera stuff in every thread. They were going for a on the field approach and the game was specifically made from the ground up with this camera in mind. Clearly the traditional camera view does not fit into the experience they are going for.

Don't get me wrong, I realize people are used to the traditional camera angle and that is why they want it as an option, but people just have to accept that it doesn't fit into the experience they are trying to create.

# 16 CreatineKasey @ 03/24/10 07:33 PM
I definitely think the camera view will be a winner in the long run. I remember how much less immersed I felt playing M10 at first after stopping APF. APF's camera was just a bit closer to the screen than M10. Even that small change made it feel less immersive. Imagine being ON the field! This is going to be hardcore intense!

# 17 jdr4693 @ 03/24/10 07:40 PM
I love re watching this video over again in mute. Then I think I'll watch it again.. and again.. and agian....

# 18 The GIGGAS @ 03/24/10 07:58 PM
I have to admit, as someone who doesn't want to get their hopes up on an initial offering from a company, but that looked pretty sweet.

My hype level is higher than it was, but I'm going to keep it in check. I've seen some posters on here practically saying that Backbreaker is going to be handed down to us lowly humans from the heavens, and the only thing I can see for those people is that they're going to be disappointed, regardless of the actual quality of the game.

That being said, it definitely looked fun. The camera might be a bit weird for me at first, considering I'm not used to playing video game football that way, but I'm certainly going to attempt to get used to it. I do want Backbreaker and NM and 505 to succeed with this so that maybe we can get a franchise out of this.

# 19 TreFacTor @ 03/24/10 08:13 PM
Three developer diaries, and only three topics were covered in the game... The physics engine/tackling, customization, the camera angle. This doesn't seem odd... no mention of the rules the game will follow.... no mention that the game is set in the future... no mention of play books, o line blocking, defensive moves, controls, weather... it appears extremely suspect that these areas aren't discussed. Just my opinion.

# 20 LeonM @ 03/24/10 09:59 PM
I can't wait to play this game. The more I see, The more I am getting excited for the May 25th release.

The new gameplay footage in this video looks great. This looks like it is going to be a really fun game.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too high. So far so good.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.