Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. Jean Adams, the Art Director talks about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting.

Quote:
"Without getting too much into the art/technical details, we wanted to talk about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting. This lighting technique allows us to more accurately control the material properties of everything that makes up the player. To put it in basic terms, we now have control over how bright or dark things get without losing detail. It also helps us get the authentic color on the uniforms.

Linear lighting also allows us to tune helmets, jerseys, and other player gear in a much more realistic way. For example; you’ll notice the skin looks more lifelike and less like plastic. Helmets and jerseys reflect the right amount of light. Colors are less saturated and react to lighting in a more realistic way. You might remember looking at previous versions of NCAA Football and feeling like things were too saturated and flat. We think we’ve addressed these issues thanks to this new level of control."

NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gossennator @ 03/27/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i just hope the running animations are changed. They have been flat out awful. If they get better running animations to go along with the way this game appears to look, then that will go a long way.
Yep, and just make the gameplay a whole lot better. Those are 3 key ingredients for a great game. Once we know what the main features are we will start to get an idea of how good this game is going to be.

# 122 aimiami @ 03/27/10 03:22 PM
graphics are much better

# 123 iva-chargers-fan @ 03/27/10 07:54 PM
THIS GAME IS GANNA BE SWEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 124 gator3guy @ 03/27/10 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iva-chargers-fan
Easy my friend. I am excited too, but let's at least see some videos of gameplay first .

# 125 cowboy_kmoney @ 03/27/10 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iva-chargers-fan
Now I can sleep....

# 126 Lava @ 03/27/10 08:27 PM
Screens look great, but like many of you I will wait to see how the game plays before getting too excited.

# 127 da ThRONe @ 03/27/10 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Exactly, those that say there is no difference, just look at the pics comparing the 2 games.

And those not happy with what this blog was about, relax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
dathrone: EA. did. not. change. the. player. models.
They might look different to you, but they're not different.

EA. did. not. change. the. player. models.
Well if that is the same player model whatever they did it is impressive to at look compared to previous years.

# 128 UCFTirade @ 03/27/10 10:33 PM
Not sure if anybody noticed this, but look at the Ohio State v. Texas screen. Notice that the Ohio State player in the background (right behind the Texas half back) is wearing different cleats then the Ohio State player in the foreground....interesting

# 129 Solidice @ 03/27/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFTirade
Not sure if anybody noticed this, but look at the Ohio State v. Texas screen. Notice that the Ohio State player in the background (right behind the Texas half back) is wearing different cleats then the Ohio State player in the foreground....interesting
the cleats have been selectable by the individual player for a few years now(unless they took that away in 10). you could have one player wearing Nike and another wearing Adidas if you wanted to. I think only the color scheme is forced to be the same on all players on the team.

# 130 UCFTirade @ 03/27/10 10:43 PM
Yeah, I was just noticing the color scheme, i thought all of them had to be the same. i.e. everyone wearing black or everyone wearing white.

# 131 penji24 @ 03/28/10 12:00 AM
what about the arms? if they didnt touch the players then why dont it look like they are on roids anymore?

# 132 BraveHeart @ 03/28/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penji24
what about the arms? if they didnt touch the players then why dont it look like they are on roids anymore?
Cause they're on HGH now. Seriously though, player models still look the same to me, but a lil buffered/smooth. Still have the skinny waist, but with large guns look. I wanna see some stocky players (like a Mark Ingram for example), and I want players measurables to match their apperance. Ever get that 6'1 230 pound ATH, you put him at RB and he looks like CB?

# 133 Gossennator @ 03/28/10 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
Cause they're on HGH now. Seriously though, player models still look the same to me, but a lil buffered/smooth. Still have the skinny waist, but with large guns look. I wanna see some stocky players (like a Mark Ingram for example), and I want players measurables to match their apperance. Ever get that 6'1 230 pound ATH, you put him at RB and he looks like CB?
#31 for Texas looks like a bigger running back to me, maybe they added more player body types.

# 134 J-Unit40 @ 03/28/10 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
#31 for Texas looks like a bigger running back to me, maybe they added more player body types.
I still think that is the best and most realistic looking screenshot ever from any EA football game. Simply awesome. I cannot wait to see it all in motion.

Sure, the player models may not have been touched, but they just look better. Maybe it's the lighting. Maybe it's the accessories and equipment. Maybe it's even new animations throughout the game. Something tells me that it's significantly different relative to what we've seen from year to year with NCAA Football.

Here's to hoping!!

# 135 Gossennator @ 03/28/10 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I still think that is the best and most realistic looking screenshot ever from any EA football game. Simply awesome. I cannot wait to see it all in motion.

Sure, the player models may not have been touched, but they just look better. Maybe it's the lighting. Maybe it's the accessories and equipment. Maybe it's even new animations throughout the game. Something tells me that it's significantly different relative to what we've seen from year to year with NCAA Football.

Here's to hoping!!
Your right and I hope they use good cut scene camera angles to show off the game more. Show a close up of the QB calling the play in the huddle, show the D-line eager or tired depending how long the drive is when the offense breaks the huddle.

# 136 Blackout863 @ 03/28/10 11:44 AM
These are screens people. Stop drinkin the kool aid so quick. This happens every yr. We are starved for a new game and we see new pictures and get all excited. Get excited in june.

Btw to all of you that are all wanting dreads, cleats, hand towels all that other crap, seriously guys, tell them to fix gameplay first. Because w/o it this game is trash. Ncaa 10 was by far the worse game gameplay wise that i have played in yrs.

# 137 Blackout863 @ 03/28/10 11:47 AM
These are screens people. Stop drinkin the kool aid so quick. This happens every yr. We are starved for a new game and we see new pictures and get all excited. Get excited in june.

Btw to all of you that are all wanting dreads, cleats, hand towels all that other crap, seriously guys, tell them to fix gameplay first. Because w/o it this game is trash. Ncaa 10 was by far the worse game gameplay wise that i have played in yrs.

Think of it like a female .... And for thd few ladies on here a guy..... Would u want a guy/girlfrienf the was fine as hell but was dumb as sh*t or performed horribled where it really counts...... Come on guys think sometimes

# 138 J-Unit40 @ 03/28/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout863

Dude, for the 1,000,000,000th time. Gameplay, presentation and graphics are ALL separate departments in making a game.

We are not drinking the "Kool-Aid". We are commenting on SCREENSHOTS. Not GAMEPLAY. Read the 100+ posts in this thread and probably half of them say they like what they see from the SCREENSHOT. We are referring to lighting, accessories, equipment, player types/models...from a still photo.

Nobody is talking about gameplay, locomotion, playbooks, WR/DB and OL/DL interaction or CPU QB AI. That is coming later. There is no video to judge that yet. It's the same marketing strategy for nearly every sports game.

# 139 countryboy @ 03/28/10 12:13 PM
ahhh...good ol' NCAA forums. Its March and we already have posts that contain "broken" and "drinking kool-aid".

Gonna be another year in the NCAA forums where mature conversation/discussion will seize to exist.

# 140 stoncold32 @ 03/28/10 01:14 PM
upon looking at the picture again, I hope they fixed the glitch where everyone wears grey under shirts.

Both the OSU players and the Texas players are wearing that grey undershirt.....when in fact it probably should be white.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.