Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. Jean Adams, the Art Director talks about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting.

Quote:
"Without getting too much into the art/technical details, we wanted to talk about a couple of graphic improvements; the first being linear lighting. This lighting technique allows us to more accurately control the material properties of everything that makes up the player. To put it in basic terms, we now have control over how bright or dark things get without losing detail. It also helps us get the authentic color on the uniforms.

Linear lighting also allows us to tune helmets, jerseys, and other player gear in a much more realistic way. For example; you’ll notice the skin looks more lifelike and less like plastic. Helmets and jerseys reflect the right amount of light. Colors are less saturated and react to lighting in a more realistic way. You might remember looking at previous versions of NCAA Football and feeling like things were too saturated and flat. We think we’ve addressed these issues thanks to this new level of control."

NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Solidice @ 03/28/10 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Your right and I hope they use good cut scene camera angles to show off the game more. Show a close up of the QB calling the play in the huddle, show the D-line eager or tired depending how long the drive is when the offense breaks the huddle.
sadly, they had most of those in NCAA '07 on 360. they would show the actual huddle, the players breaking from the huddle and lining up. but their excuse for taking it out was that players complained that they couldn't do their hot routes/audibles during the cutscenes. I don't know how many audibles people do on average, but it must be a lot if EA took the pre-snap cutscenes out because of that.

# 142 Watson @ 03/28/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
upon looking at the picture again, I hope they fixed the glitch where everyone wears grey under shirts.

Both the OSU players and the Texas players are wearing that grey undershirt.....when in fact it probably should be white.
Looks white to me. It's just the angle the pic was taken.

# 143 countryboy @ 03/28/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting
another fly-by post by countryboy fan

If someone thinks the current engine that EA uses is broken, why does that get under your skin? *rhetorical, don't answer that*

-----------------

as for the undershirts...to me they look grey as well. They have the same color look as the Ohio State pants. Hopefully its as WatsonTiger suggested and just the angle.

# 144 Watson @ 03/28/10 03:48 PM
Look at the Texas blocker to the left of #84 for tOSU...looks white to me.

# 145 countryboy @ 03/28/10 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
yeah...I seen that one..and it still looks grey.

# 146 stoncold32 @ 03/28/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

No, it's grey. It's grey on #5, and it's grey on the lbocker in the very very far left corner of the pic

# 147 gator3guy @ 03/28/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
#31 for Texas looks like a bigger running back to me, maybe they added more player body types.
He is 250 FYI

# 148 BraveHeart @ 03/28/10 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
He is 250 FYI
With the body of C.J. Spiller.

# 149 videlsports @ 03/28/10 10:39 PM
I think Ncaa is EA's best title anyway. This looks good. Can't wait to see the new what they have in store. This is usually the only sports EA game I buy.

# 150 cowboy_kmoney @ 03/29/10 06:09 PM
It looks like the decals are back on next gen consoles. From the ones I see on OSU...

# 151 Solidice @ 03/29/10 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
It looks like the decals are back on next gen consoles. From the ones I see on OSU...
do you mean pridestickers? they have been there for years now. at least since NCAA '08.

# 152 Palo20 @ 03/29/10 06:17 PM
I like the screenshot so far, tough to tell if the undershirt is indeed white again this year.

I really hope they don't just put sleeves on random guys during cold weather games again, even though the guy doesn't wear sleeves at the equipment screen. Nothing frustrated more in '10 than to see a guy like Suh randomly have sleeves, then have the sleeves grey too.

# 153 Bennwhatt @ 03/29/10 06:42 PM
I really hope this game isn't another letdown.

# 154 michigan21 @ 03/30/10 08:50 AM
I cant be the only one who could care less about undershirts. EA is at a crossroad with Ncaa Football. They have to address the under the hood issues. They have to fix line play and speed. Its a tall order, but they are the only ones that have the lic. to do it.

# 155 kjhen @ 03/30/10 04:58 PM
it also looks like they added different sock lengths for players. see number 5 socks look a little higher than the other players.

# 156 coogrfan @ 03/30/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhen
it also looks like they added different sock lengths for players. see number 5 socks look a little higher than the other players.
That option was included in NCAA 10.

# 157 Solidice @ 03/30/10 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That option was included in NCAA 10.
and NCAA '09.

# 158 Hova57 @ 03/31/10 11:38 AM
i hope they have the pro combat uni for teams

# 159 MrOctober430 @ 03/31/10 02:20 PM
Animation still looks like it's going to suck.

# 160 MrOctober430 @ 03/31/10 05:49 PM
Ok, quote me in four months with an apology.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.