Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm">

Quote:
"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Squeezee12 @ 04/05/10 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think it's just a place holder anyway. I think Arkansas is switching uniform manufacturer and I don't think EA is allowed to show the new ones yet(if they even have the new designs). so it may not matter.

Yeah thats what I figured cuz I heard a while back that they were switching. Was just trying to point it out just incase it was a bug like the Iowa facemask last year.

# 22 J-Unit40 @ 04/05/10 07:13 PM
F'ING PUMPED!

I know I can be a cheerleader at times for this games, but I am pumped now!

The old high-knee herky-jerky running motion appears to be gone. Thank you! Running looks so smooth. Animations definitely got some polish. Nice.

Oh, Jeff Demps is still wearing that ridiculous kicker facemask. LOL. Seriously though, UF better have the Revo facemask they all wear this year. It just has to be in.

# 23 ehh @ 04/05/10 07:28 PM
Only took EA six years but they FINALLY got the running animations down pat on this generation of consoles.

# 24 Pokes404 @ 04/05/10 07:42 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting the video to come up?

That figures. This is the one feature I've been asking (downright begging) for in NCAA 11 and now that they finally grant my wish ... I can't see the video. The screens look good, but I've got to see this in action. NCAA is starting to look like a buy for me now.

# 25 TreyIM2 @ 04/05/10 07:48 PM
WOOOOOOWWWW!! That's the only word that kept popping up in my head when watching the vid!! Effin' AMAZING!! I felt like I was going to blow a load, for real! THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN HOPING FOR IN A CONSOLE FOOTBALL GAME!! I need to go watch this vid, again. I am ECSTATIC right now! And THANKFULLY Madden 11 will use this new tech, too!!

# 26 St3fN_sTrApS @ 04/05/10 07:53 PM
WOW, that video was pure awesomeness. NCAA looks like a whole new series. I'm loving everything that I have seen thus far. July pleeeeeeeeease hurry.

# 27 Pokes404 @ 04/05/10 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
if it helps the vid looks amazing!! running is smooth and very realistic.
Actually, that makes me even more mad that I can't see the video. lol

So far, it sounds like everything I've been hoping for in a "next-gen" football game. I just wish I could see it for myself.

# 28 Lava @ 04/05/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Actually, that makes me even more mad that I can't see the video. lol

So far, it sounds like everything I've been hoping for in a "next-gen" football game. I just wish I could see it for myself.
The 3 parts of the first video blog all made their way onto youtube, so I'd imagine this will too at some point. Keep your eyes open, and if I find it I'll post it in this thread as well.

# 29 jclentzthadon @ 04/05/10 08:05 PM
Yeah I have been bagging on NCAA but man I gotta be honest, this locomotion stuff is HUGE for the series. It's really going to change the game and for the absolute good!

The hand on the back of OL is also going under the radar. Huge play there.

I'm on board!

# 30 davep @ 04/05/10 08:05 PM
I'm really not trying to be an arse here, but I'm not seeing a ton of difference between the this year and last year....even when they had them running side by side. Honestly, without the side by side video I couldn't tell you if it was '10 or '11.

Again, not trying to burst bubbles, I just didn't see it.

# 31 Solidice @ 04/05/10 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I'm really not trying to be an arse here, but I'm not seeing a ton of difference between the this year and last year....even when they had them running side by side. Honestly, without the side by side video I couldn't tell you if it was '10 or '11.

Again, not trying to burst bubbles, I just didn't see it.
umm......ok...

NCAA 10 had zero momentum, a player was at top speed immediately and could turn on a dime, no matter their size and/or agility.

# 32 huskerwr38 @ 04/05/10 08:11 PM
I see a huge difference in running styles and I don't even really care about it that much. The one big thing I hate about Madden and NCAA that doesn't seem to happen in 2k games are when an animation triggers it slows the player down. I'm hoping it helps that problem.

# 33 clivo1050 @ 04/05/10 08:16 PM
If they can fix the passing trajectory/ physics, we might have a solid game.

# 34 huskerwr38 @ 04/05/10 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
If they can fix the passing trajectory/ physics, we might have a solid game.

Oh god, I want that more than better locomotion.

# 35 Hiro1 @ 04/05/10 08:29 PM
Are guys serious? It's just a video blog on gameplay/momentum/locomotion? wow Yaaay I'll hold on to my pre-order until I know they have players w/ dreads in the game. You guys need to calm down and stop drinking the Kool-aid this happens every year!!

# 36 da ThRONe @ 04/05/10 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
Are guys serious? It's just a video blog on gameplay/momentum/locomotion? wow Yaaay I'll hold on to my pre-order until I know they have players w/ dreads in the game. You guys need to calm down and stop drinking the Kool-aid this happens every year!!
I want long hair too ,but this doesnt happen every year though. This hasnt happened this whole Gen at all.

# 37 Hiro1 @ 04/05/10 08:38 PM
[sarcasm] = last post. This is awesome . Although I was hoping to catch a glimpse of some dreads haha. The lighting makes the game look 10x better Ive only watched the vid once so far but I'm loving that my favorite game is finally upgrading. cuz I love college football.

Another thing that has me kind of puzzled. The actors in the mocap suits, I know they might not be the only actors, but their bodies or body movements dont scream well-trained college athletes to me. Maybe they should have went out and hired some real football players.

I mean 95% of college players have this swag they play w/ in games. Little mannerisms that I think could bring a lot to the game.

other than that I cant wait for July

# 38 davep @ 04/05/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
umm......ok...

NCAA 10 had zero momentum, a player was at top speed immediately and could turn on a dime, no matter their size and/or agility.
You're absolutely right...but I'm not seeing a huge difference in the videos, that's all I was saying. Maybe everyone is just more tuned in than I am.

# 39 NELL86 @ 04/05/10 08:45 PM
OMG this is what im talking about now im excited very excited

# 40 SteelerSpartan @ 04/05/10 08:50 PM
EA is finally getting into the ring with this beast........they've ducked this opponent for so long, but now its time to throw down

I like what Ive seen thus far....just hope the AI has made the same leap

I would also like to hear about strength/weight and how its going to factor in

I don't want to jump the gun.....but I believe we are at a significant crossroad for NG SIM football games. The SIM crowd might finally be getting what we wanted the most from gameplay

Needless to say Im anxious to see if it will work out, after so many years of letdowns

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.