Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers the ESPN integration.

Quote:
"Hey everyone, this is Greg Heddlesten and I’m a Designer for the NCAA® Football 11 team here at Tiburon. My main area of ownership is presentation and, as Roy mentioned in his previous blog, when we began work on NCAA 11 it was very important for us bring even more authenticity to the product and continue to blur the line between real life and the game. One of our first goals for this year’s title was to give our in-game presentation an upgrade with the audio and visuals of ESPN College Football.

Previously, we had only gotten our feet wet with ESPN integration by implementing the ESPN SportsCenter updates and the news ticker. But everyone here, as well as everyone on the forums, felt that the ESPN experience just wasn’t complete without the ESPN College Football theme music and the in-game visuals and presentation. We all got our first taste of what an ESPN style broadcast could bring to our college sports products in NCAA® Basketball 10. The excitement, imagery, and sounds they were able to implement gave their game an entirely new vibe. With that in mind, it was time for us to dive in and really give our in-game presentation a new coat of paint with the help of ESPN.

One of the cool things about working with ESPN on the visual side was we were able to see the new graphics package they were going to roll out in 2010 before everyone else. The general public got one of their first glances of this new visual style during the Bowl Season this past winter. It was really important for us to have the graphics in the game match what you would be seeing during the College Football season this year. The reference provided by ESPN really helped our artists replicate the look and UI animations you’ll see on television and help us continue to blur the line between NCAA Football 11 and watching a broadcast of ESPN College Football. So, without further delay, let’s take a closer look at what’s to come!"

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 04/16/10 02:16 PM
Y do ppl awant abc n espn2??? Its all the same, its jus abc on espn, only difference is the saturday night football music......we should be hoping solely for CBS n gameday/entrances.....I can't wait for this game!

# 142 moylan1234 @ 04/16/10 02:20 PM
it wouldn't be much of a visual change for ABC/ESPN2, but I think most people want multiple announcer teams to match those networks.

# 143 shad_moss93 @ 04/16/10 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
I just hope these are the appetizers and not the main course.

Like most people on here, it's a very good start but I need to see some more to be sold. I was actually a little disappointed after reading the blog as the only changes I see by ESPN integration are: "ESPN" being pasted everywhere in the game, a revised score/time ticker and some ESPNU stuff. I do like where they'll show player stats/photos during the game- that's cool.

I can't wait for more info on this, but I'm especially waiting on changes/additions to Dynasty.
There's two more months to go no way is this the main course, at least I hope not.

# 144 yanks26ngoin @ 04/16/10 02:55 PM
I must say, I like how they are announcing some stuff that people would consider major with so much time before release date. It gets me thinking that all this stuff could be considered minor compared to other stuff the dev team did, considering all dev teams release the major updates closer to release. Im getting pretty psyched for this game.

This could be a great game, and possibly the best game in this series EA has released. But it will only be the best if they do some work on Dynasty and re-add infractions, fix recruiting and add in an Athletic Director mode to Dynasty. RTG needs work as well.

# 145 BROman @ 04/16/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLEGENDsince87
Y do ppl awant abc n espn2??? Its all the same, its jus abc on espn, only difference is the saturday night football music......we should be hoping solely for CBS n gameday/entrances.....I can't wait for this game!
probly b/c cbs integration for 12 teams and 2 bowl games is not worth it.

# 146 yanks26ngoin @ 04/16/10 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it wouldn't be much of a visual change for ABC/ESPN2, but I think most people want multiple announcer teams to match those networks.
Im all for multiple announcer teams, as long as they dont put Lou Holtz on one of the teams. If they do, there better be an option to switch announcing teams, or else the team with Holtz will be muted. I cant stand him!

Brent Musberger, I could live with. He annoys me, somewhat. But I could listen to him.

Hopefully the other major presentation updates still to come include a "College Gameday" pregame show with Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Desmond Howard and Kirk Herbstreit.

# 147 yanks26ngoin @ 04/16/10 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
probly b/c cbs integration for 12 teams and 2 bowl games is not worth it.
Well, CBS would probably also be used for some of the C-USA games, Army, Navy, and Air Force.

# 148 Scheib43 @ 04/16/10 03:08 PM
What I wish they would do is since they are in love with microtransactions is just offer other presentation types via an add-on patch. I know not everyone loves the microtransactions, but if you play a game enough, it's worth it. If I end up spending $100 for a year of gameplay of a game I play all the time, I don't mind the money. That's why I have a job.

# 149 kindella2 @ 04/16/10 03:37 PM
Good news hope they keep it up...

# 150 Eman5805 @ 04/16/10 03:43 PM
Don't know why it took this long, but I'm glad.

Now. About Brent Musburger...

# 151 Papi34 @ 04/16/10 03:57 PM
Late to the party I know, but I think this is fantastic news. I'm still impressed with how it works in NCAA BB10. Despite it's flaws I LOVE that game, and the presentation is a big reason for that. Makes a HUGE difference for me.
I know it's horses for courses, but ty style presentation is my holy grail for sports games (obviously with solid gameplay) and this years NCAA BB game took a MASSIVE step in that direction for me.

Again, despite it's glaring flaws I really enjoyed NCAA Football 10 and still play it now. What we've heard about this years game already has me very excited. I'm actually confident about the presentation having seen what they did in the college hoops game.
Personally, I've never looked forward to an NCAA game this much, I just pray it doesn't let me down.

# 152 marcoyk @ 04/16/10 04:00 PM
Pretty awesome. This should really add do the presentation of the game. I'm ready to hear more!

# 153 CrosbyKing10 @ 04/16/10 04:04 PM
You have to have Brent Musberger and his signature "youuuuuu are looooooking live at (insert stadium name)" for the Saturday Night Primetime games...I think him with Herbstreit would be perfect for this. Then have Ron Franklin the voice of Saturday night ESPN games...Then if you want to get really in depth have one of those random ESPN Saturday afternoon crews..... Pam Ward, or Sean McDonough, or Dave Pasch, etc.....I think the people would like the different options and voices...the game wouldn't get as stale as fast IMO.

# 154 The Gunslinger @ 04/16/10 04:05 PM
Anyone BUT Pam Ward

# 155 gogators @ 04/16/10 04:21 PM
PLEASE no Pam Ward. I'm glad she doesn't touch SEC games.

I would love to have a ticker at the bottom that updates with dynasty CPU scores. It used to be on the game a few years ago and before, but was taken away. It added a little more realism and there times when I would be interested in CPU scores and know I have to win the game I was playing to make it to a conference championship or national championship game.

# 156 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/16/10 04:24 PM
It look like this game is shaping up to be a good one for us this year. Bring on real time injuries and coaching changes and we have a winner.

# 157 The Gunslinger @ 04/16/10 04:27 PM
I would love to see the ticker placed back in as a constant feed. Go back to method of selecting which games you want to play and the games before or at the time slot will be simulated once you enter one of your selected games. In-game, a ticker should be ongoing (maybe update once or twice a quarter) that displays the score and then transitions to show an impact player's stats. For games that are scheduled for later on in the day, the ticker should just show the teams that are playing and the kickoff time (just like in real life)

# 158 The Gunslinger @ 04/16/10 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
It look like this game is shaping up to be a good one for us this year. Bring on real time injuries and coaching changes and we have a winner.
For me if they could just add another announcing crew/cbs or espn channel, coaching carousel, and bring back some of the old-gen stuff (e.g. ticker, spring games, all star games, medical redshirts, etc.), my life would be complete

# 159 gogators @ 04/16/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
I would love to see the ticker placed back in as a constant feed. Go back to method of selecting which games you want to play and the games before or at the time slot will be simulated once you enter one of your selected games. In-game, a ticker should be ongoing (maybe update once or twice a quarter) that displays the score and then transitions to show an impact player's stats. For games that are scheduled for later on in the day, the ticker should just show the teams that are playing and the kickoff time (just like in real life)
Exactly like this. I just want my NCAA back and this is shaping up to be as close as we have had it. Got to play it first though.

# 160 cowboy_kmoney @ 04/16/10 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger
For me if they could just add another announcing crew/cbs or espn channel, coaching carousel, and bring back some of the old-gen stuff (e.g. ticker, spring games, all star games, medical redshirts, etc.), my life would be complete
Im with you on all of it ,But you like how the injury system is set up as of now? Man I cant make it through other season of no real injuries that really accure in real life . I mean just make it more realistic by real timing it and speak about or add Madden's system and real time it and up grade it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.